Ice lay peacefully, snuggled with her ferret and oblivious of the approaching mutt pack and tribute. The ferret awoke before she did and scampered off safely into the trees. By the time ice awoke, it was far, far too late to scamper away safely.

Tessa could feel the victory. It was so close she could almost taste it. I'm gonna win this she thought. She went right on thinking that until the rock slammed into the side of her head.

-------

There are 6 surviving mutts.
I reserve the right to cut the next cycle short as soon as I feel like I've gotten all the actions I'm going to get.

Edited by Alvron

Things had changed during the night. Dom still couldn't believe what he'd done. The girl had just been sat there and ... and Dom had taken the rock... and she hadn't noticed him and...

Dom took a deep breath, trying to relax himself. He'd had no real choice. This was the Hunger Games. This was what happened in the Arena. That didn't really comfort him though, he'd still had to swing that rock. What really sickened him though was that the voice hadn't spoken to him at all. It hadn't urged him to kill, hadn't taken control of him. He'd couldn't use the voice as an excuse. No voice had made him swing that rock.

What really worried Dom though was a thought, a feeling really, that kept appearing in his head. A feeling that this wasn't the first time he had killed. Dom didn't believe it but he couldn't force it away. It stayed there, nagging at him. Getting very difficult to ignore.

Salamander sat in his launch pad. He had been paralyzed with fear since day 1 and hadn't moved since the games began. He heard the mutts coming, but didn't move. He stood there until they came and ate him.

-------

Tekon is technically still alive after this cycle, but he's inactive and there's not really a way for him to him to win. Dom has the body armor and a large lead in kills.

Dom came back to the cornecopia. Tekon was there, holding his used medical kit and crying like a baby. The nightlock hadn't quite taken him out. There was an antidote in the kit. Dom took a hefty branch and finished the job anyway. i'm totally going to need therapy after this he thought.

I present to you: your victor! Dominic1994!!!!!
Thanks for playing everybody.

Edited by Alvron

Congrats on the win! I was enjoying your RP throughout the whole game, and nice job staying alive and ahead of the competition! This game was definitely interesting, with it being a change-up from our Standard Elimination games. The whole free-for-all element definitely added a whole new layer to the game. (Heh, even if I did spend the entire time just RP'ing with Meta and protecting him) ;)

Well, that was an interesting game. It was fun for the short time I lasted...but all things considered, it was probably good I died when I did. I got busy right about then.

I'm really interested in trying one of the faction-based games (and maybe GMing one in the future. I have this idea for one that uses half of the secret societies on Roshar).

I'm going to finish the RP. No real reason to but it'll bother me if I don't :lol:

--------------------------------------------------

Dom was alive. He was alive, he'd won. He'd actually won. He couldn't believe it, it was staggering. Dom just stood there, stunned, only vaguely aware of what was happening around him. Someone was speaking to him. Dom shook himself out of his stupor and, as he began to reply, the memories hit him.

He remembered the beginning of the Games, standing at the Cornucopia. He'd convinced himself he hadn't gone for it but that wasn't the truth. His memories were clear now, memories of sprinting toward, rather than away from, the slaughter. Fighting through the chaos, picking up that knife and only then running for safety.

He remembered the first night. Standing silent in the near total darkness, waiting for the Tribute to move past him. Then the knife flashing in the moonlight. He remembered pulling the body armour of the Tribute's corpse. He hadn't even questioned where the armour had come from, his mind had just blanked it out.

He remembered the night when the screams of dying Tributes had woken him. He'd come to his senses surrounded by bodies but now he saw what had happened before that. His arms wrapped around someone's neck.

The voice had never been there. Never been real. It was just an excuse; a way for Dom to avoid responsibly for his actions. Even at the very beginning, when Dom had volunteered for the Games the voice had been his excuse. His mind had been unable to accept that what Dom wanted, deep down, was to be a part of the violence and the terror of the Hunger Games.

The memories and that realisation crushed Dom. It broke him and he collapsed to his knees. People were talking to him but he paid no attention to them, blocked them out. He didn't know whether he could survive this; this new battle that he now had to fight. The battle with himself; for the things that he had done.

A thought came to him then and, inexplicably he smiled. His actions might have broken him, he might never get over what he had done in the Arena but he was alive. Alive. He still couldn't believe that he was alive.

And in the end that was really all that mattered.

Mostly, I'm sad that I never got to be evil.  I was killed while I was being altruistic!  I hadn't lied to anyone.  I had even sent in an order to kill a mutt!  Oh, what plans I had.  What eeeeeevil plans.  

But that's what I get for saying "I'm going to go get an item".  Woops.

I didn't even get a good Item. And for what it's worth, I never intended to kill Newan, Mailliw or Mckeedee. (My PM Buddies.)

Yay!  I really was hoping we could get our hands on the poison so we could win together.  I would have killed you if I suspected you would turn on me, but that wasn't going to happen.

My list right after the Cornucopia? Yeah, that was entirely accurate. I looked at how many people had already claimed and how many people that were unwilling to claim and I just said, "Nope!" :P

That, plus the fact that there was a decent chance of not even getting a game winning item, I was more than willing to let most of you kill each other over them! :) 

After all, you had already made yourself a target, Newan. I wasn't about discourage it. That just told me who to go after in the next round! ;) The problem was, IMO, that we didn't really have a reason to work together. Everyone was capable of just staying within their PM alliances and calling it good. 

Speaking of which, Dom, you really do deserve this win! I won't say I was fooled (I was skeptical, but I trusted you all the same), but you definitely bought yourself time and I would've loved to see what you came up with for how things turned out if I hadn't died. Very well played and I look forward to facing off against you in some time in the future!

Either way, you did an amazing job on us, Dom. May your reign be sweet and short, as I don't think anyone here will trust you again! ;)

Sorry, that's just the way these things go. You proved yourself a threat and now you'll be a target. Just like Wilson and Aonar and Joe and many more before you! Can't wait to see how you handle it. 

May the odds be ever in your favor! ;)

Yeah, as I signed up for the new long-game I was thinking how people will take more notice of me now. I think this type of quick-game gives players a bit more freedom actually (Well I think so anyway), despite everyone being able to kill you, as there is no need to form teams and try to understand peoples motives. If I found someone suspicious I just killed them. Job done :D. The long game is a bigger challenge that I'm looking forward to.     

I will admit that whoever did kill you Meta made it far easier for me. Thank you whoever did that!!!

I was confident in my plan though if that hadn't happened. You asked me to kill 'Alvron' to prove my trustworthiness. I then suggested to my other PM to take out Alvron, which he did. I was then going to use the item from my kill that night along with the body armour I had from my first few actions after the Cornucopia to have leverage over you.

That was the plan and it did work well except someone had already killed you to really help me out.  :lol:

As stated, I'm going to go ahead and lock this. Thanks so much for running this game, Peng and thank you everyone else for playing! It was truly an entirely new and different format and I thought it was a ton of fun!

As we like to leave off every game, if anyone would like to try your hand at running a game, please get a hold of GammaWilson or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but I'm sure we'd be more than willing to help out in any way we can as well!

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!