I also agree.

The Dalles would be a good option for Elsa.

I also agree. (Which is rather moot, since the GM has already spoken on the matter, but I get cranky when I don't voice my opinions. :P)

Vondra and co. would be greatly appreciative of Elsa's powers. If she's still in the early stages of corruption, maybe she could be convinced to work with them.

And then Electro died.

But first Quota made him cry.

O.o

Like a little baby. In front of CorpseMaker. Quota made Electro cry in front of CorpseMaker.

I warned you it was dark. Electro is going to get progressively darker here on out. He's using his powers more and it's building his hatred of the city and of people and being around Corpsemaker doesn't help.

Hmmm....The Dalles has been quiet lately. I think that I need to bring a dragon in. Maybe on my lunch break at work tonight...

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

A dragon sounds like a fun alternative to an Arsenal post to get things going. ;)

I hit on a particularly disturbing bit of Fridge Horror in Steelheart today. 

In Chicago, there is a library. 

chic001.jpg

It is a beautiful library, one of the largest in the world. 

It is also located downtown—one of the areas Steelheart's anger transformed into steel. 

When David returns to the bank, he mentions that the mosaic on the floor is now gone, as every colored tile has been changed to steel. This establishes that Steelheart's transfersion changes the surface of anything colored, although it keeps textures intact. 

This means that within the Chicago Public Library….

…..all of those books….

2316861436_6ecd358db5.jpg

….would have been erased. Every one of those pages would have been turned to a thin sheet of blank steel. 

All because one little Epic threw a temper tantrum. 

:blink: That monster!

I warned you it was dark. Electro is going to get progressively darker here on out. He's using his powers more and it's building his hatred of the city and of people and being around Corpsemaker doesn't help.

Well, he already killed people in his first appearance so it isn´t any darker than what we have seen before.

A dragon sounds like a fun alternative to an Arsenal post to get things going. ;)

Yeah, that sounds... oh.  :mellow: Sorry, I'll get on that when I can.

Yes, but torturing someone to death to try and "get control of his powers"? That earns him a spot on the "And Then They Died" list. 

I'd say it was a very exclusive list, but most Epics in Oregon deserve a place on it. :o

I'd say it was a very exclusive list, but most Epics in Oregon deserve a place on it. :o

And Then They Died 

Criteria: To be placed on this list, an Epic must exhibit not only callousness, but a longstanding commitment to atrocities. The Epic in Question must be not only consistently portrayed as ruthless, but as enjoying their ruthlessness. Said Epic must glory in things decent societies deem reprehensible, including (but by no means limited to): torture, murder, sexual harassment, psychological manipulation (including subjecting a family member to reprehensible acts in order to gain control of someone), stalking, etc. Epics on this list must have demonstrably crossed the Moral Event Horizon, preferably with an evil laugh and/or creepy remark as they plummeted into the abyss. 

Members: Oregon Chapter

Nighthound 

Lightwards 

Electro

CorpseMaker 

Lucentia 

Nighthound 

Koschei

Quota 

Bloody Mary 

Neverthere

Nighthound 

Blackwave 

Nighthound 

And Then They Died 

Criteria: To be placed on this list, an Epic must exhibit not only callousness, but a longstanding commitment to atrocities. The Epic in Question must be not only consistently portrayed as ruthless, but as enjoying their ruthlessness. Said Epic must glory in things decent societies deem reprehensible, including (but by no means limited to): torture, murder, sexual harassment, psychological manipulation (including subjecting a family member to reprehensible acts in order to gain control of someone), stalking, etc. Epics on this list must have demonstrably crossed the Moral Event Horizon, preferably with an evil laugh and/or creepy remark as they plummeted into the abyss. 

Nighthound 

Lightwards 

Electro

CorpseMaker 

Lucentia 

Nighthound 

Koschei

Quota 

Bloody Mary 

Neverthere

Nighthound 

Blackwave 

Nighthound 

Repeat offenders are to be awarded the Nighthound Award for Atrocious Behavior, swiftly followed by a bullet to the face.

dd3a4d7a97d18b84606c2bad18738205.png

Edited by Kobold King

And Then They Died 

Nighthound 

Lightwards 

Electro

CorpseMaker 

Lucentia 

Nighthound 

Koschei

Quota 

Bloody Mary 

Neverthere

Nighthound 

Blackwave 

Nighthound 

I´m not sure how I feel about having that many Epics on that list. :unsure:

Repeat offenders are to be awarded the Nighthound Award for Atrocious Behavior, swiftly followed by a bullet to the face.

dd3a4d7a97d18b84606c2bad18738205.png

Yes, encourage their behaviour and further inflate Nighthound´s ego, at least make sure what you have can kill them. :P

Nice pin, even if that´s Nighthound on it, ;)  now never give this pin to someone in the UG of The World Ends with you, just don´t.

Yes, encourage their behaviour and further inflate Nighthound´s ego, at least make sure what you have can kill them. :P

Nice pin, even if that´s Nighthound on it, ;)  now never give this pin to someone in the UG of The World Ends with you, just don´t.

If you don't count Nighthound's repeat offenses, you only have three. Which….is more than most of us. :wacko:

The pin is hooked up to a small computer where the contents of David's notebooks have been transcribed. When an Epic is "pinned," it transmits their identity and location to this computer, alerting the Reckoners that there is a powerful Epic who needs to die yesterday. (Nighthound has multiple pins.) The computer then cross-references this Epic's identity with all available information on them—powers, atrocities, any hints as to a weakness, etc. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

If it's any consolation, Aldo the Enigmatic will be making many field trips beyond the Moral Event Horizon once he's out in public again, as will Jingleberry and Sharkbait when they've been officially introduced.

And the new Ranger/Arvin/Will O'the Wisp post is up!

The dragon hasn't reached The Dalles yet. I tried, but there were too many loose ends left that needed wrapping up. But this is the last one outside of The Dalles. The next one will be in the morning, when Paladin reincarnates, Ariel wakes up and can teleport him back, the three of them can get in the car to go to The Dalles, and Arvin and Ari take a dragonflight in.

I want to see the look on Arsenal's face when Arvin tells him not to fire the anti-air guns at his incoming dragon.

I'm torn between whether Funtimes would be a positive role model for little Ari or a very bad influence.

That would depend upon a complicated web of factors including 1. what sort of mood Funtimes was in when she met Ari, 2. who was around Funtimes at the moment and how she felt about them, and 3. where Funtimes was in her character development. I'd say that, by and large, Funtimes is not the sort of person you'd want to look up to as a role model. She's better than the average Epic in some ways, but she has her share of darkness—and she doesn't handle it very well. Someone like Prof, who actively fights against his inner darkness (well, so far as we can tell from most of his interactions in the first book) or better yet, Conflux, would be a much better role model for little Ari. 

Suffice it to say, Funtimes would be like that one uncle who gets drunk on the Fourth of July, goes out into the back yard, and shows the kids how to hold Roman candles like sparklers without getting their hands burned. Ari would probably find her very fun, but she would not help her grow up into a model citizen. 

(Speaking of, I'd like your guys' opinion on something. When should I give the first Funtimes flashback? I was thinking about doing it sometime within the next in-game day—dropping in a short flashback as Quota passes by. What I was considering doing is adding in her first flashback sometime before the MoNA attack. Quota and Timeport will be out and about around the same time she drops Vanilla Sabotage off at the cottage, and she will drive rather than teleport back, placing her in Quota's range. Should I do that? Or do you think I should wait until she actually faces off against Quota to begin her flashbacks?) 

If you don't count Nighthound's repeat offenses, you only have three. Which….is more than most of us. :wacko:

The pin is hooked up to a small computer where the contents of David's notebooks have been transcribed. When an Epic is "pinned," it transmits their identity and location to this computer, alerting the Reckoners that there is a powerful Epic who needs to die yesterday. (Nighthound has multiple pins.) The computer then cross-references this Epic's identity with all available information on them—powers, atrocities, any hints as to a weakness, etc. 

Yeah... Deathgale probably deserves a moment up there as well.

I'm torn between whether Funtimes would be a positive role model for little Ari or a very bad influence.

Given that Ari already ought to have a fairly lose grip on reality, definetly not a good one.

(Speaking of, I'd like your guys' opinion on something. When should I give the first Funtimes flashback? I was thinking about doing it sometime within the next in-game day—dropping in a short flashback as Quota passes by. What I was considering doing is adding in her first flashback sometime before the MoNA attack. Quota and Timeport will be out and about around the same time she drops Vanilla Sabotage off at the cottage, and she will drive rather than teleport back, placing her in Quota's range. Should I do that? Or do you think I should wait until she actually faces off against Quota to begin her flashbacks?) 

I guess whenever is thematically appropriate, kinda hard to say without knowing the exact contents.

Epic name: Kenshin

Primary power: weapon creation: can create an infinite amount of bladed weapons out of thin air, these can be swords of all kind but don´t have to be others such as axes are also viable. Sword sheaths and the like can be created in addition.

The weapons themselves are not magical (technically).

Secondary power: supernatural swordsmanship: Exactly what it says on the tin. Using a bladed weapon, not necessarily of his own creation, allows him to wield it with perfect accuracy, supernatural speed and lets him cut through everything that isn´t magically indestructible.

Tertiary power: danger sense: A very minor of precognition, all it can be used for is sense the general direction an immediate threat is coming from, so for example it can tell from where a sniper rifle will be fired just early enough to cut it out of the air but can´t tell what exactly his opponent will do next in a fist fight.

Pony and appearance to follow... probably. :ph34r:

I don´t have any plans for him to join but I did the whole Cocoa Puffs/laundromat stuff for him in my head. He ended up swearing to hunt down and kill someone over a box of breakfast cereals... that someone was Nighthound though so all is good. :P