Are all these Epics on the Google Doc somewhere or do you just have them? I can't remember seeing this one.

Wow… Um, Astoria's going to be quite the place.

I have a brief Electro post ready, but I'm going to wait to post it until I have Max's response too. Electro is getting darker, so don't be surprised by what happens...

Joe, that won't conflict with Corpsemaker's orders will it? Electro is just going to have a brief walk out in the town.

I have a much larger private doc where most of my Epics are, there were a few days where I didn't have internet so I made an offline doc for them and I haven't got around to updating the online doc yet. I'm getting there though :P

I have a brief Electro post ready, but I'm going to wait to post it until I have Max's response too. Electro is getting darker, so don't be surprised by what happens...

Joe, that won't conflict with Corpsemaker's orders will it? Electro is just going to have a brief walk out in the town.

What do you want CorpseMaker to say about it?

I have a much larger private doc where most of my Epics are, there were a few days where I didn't have internet so I made an offline doc for them and I haven't got around to updating the online doc yet. I'm getting there though :P

Oh, I see. Cool!

What do you want CorpseMaker to say about it?

He doesnt need to say anything, I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't ruin anything if Electro went out on the streets for an hour or so. 

I hit on a particularly disturbing bit of Fridge Horror in Steelheart today. 

In Chicago, there is a library. 

chic001.jpg

It is a beautiful library, one of the largest in the world. 

It is also located downtown—one of the areas Steelheart's anger transformed into steel. 

When David returns to the bank, he mentions that the mosaic on the floor is now gone, as every colored tile has been changed to steel. This establishes that Steelheart's transfersion changes the surface of anything colored, although it keeps textures intact. 

This means that within the Chicago Public Library….

…..all of those books….

2316861436_6ecd358db5.jpg

….would have been erased. Every one of those pages would have been turned to a thin sheet of blank steel. 

All because one little Epic threw a temper tantrum. 

chic001.jpg

It is also located downtown—one of the areas Steelheart's anger transformed into steel. 

When David returns to the bank, he mentions that the mosaic on the floor is now gone, as every colored tile has been changed to steel. This establishes that Steelheart's transfersion changes the surface of anything colored, although it keeps textures intact. 

…..all of those books….

….would have been erased. Every one of those pages would have been turned to a thin sheet of blank steel. 

<_<  Can Lightwards resurrect him so I can kill him again?

chic001.jpg

…..all of those books….

Ouch. Right in the cultural appreciation. :(

Another casualty would have been the Field Museum of Natural History--probably the best museum I've ever been to. Steelheart's rage would have destroyed hundreds of irreplaceable artifacts, including one of the last great auks preserved via taxidermy, the infamous Lions of Tsavo, and Sue, the world's most complete tyrannosaurus skeleton.

And let's not get started on the Shedd Aquarium, which is one of the largest indoor aquaria in the world. Thousands of aquatic animals, including such intelligent species as dolphins and beluga whales, would have been encased in steel and suffocated. And in all likelihood, Steelheart never spared a second thought for any of these atrocities.

Steelheart was kind of a slontze, if you think about it.

Edited by Kobold King

Ouch. Right in the cultural appreciation. :(

Another casualty would have been the Field Museum of Natural History--probably the best museum I've ever been too. Steelheart's rage would have destroyed hundreds of irreplaceable artifacts, including one of the last great auks preserved via taxidermy, the infamous Lions of Tsavo, and Sue, the world's most complete tyrannosaurus skeleton.

And let's not get started on the Shedd Aquarium, which is one of the largest indoor aquaria in the world. Thousands of aquatic animals, including such intelligent species as dolphins and beluga whales, would have been encased in steel and suffocated. And in all likelihood, Steelheart never spared a second thought for any of these atrocities.

Steelheart was kind of a slontze, if you think about it.

And think about the architecture he destroyed. 

Yes, his transfersion did preserve the buildings themselves, but it also changed their materials entirely. Brick, wood, clay—all of it became steel. This might have been a boon for, say, poorly built apartments that suddenly had no fear of fire or water damage, but what about older buildings downtown? 

Like Glesner House? 

Glessnerhousenew.JPG

Or the 42nd Precinct Police Station? 

1024px-42nd_Precinct_Police_Station_8.JP

Or the 8th Regiment Armory?

640px-Bronzevillemilitary.jpg

A building's materials are just as much a part of its history as the building itself. The materials tell a story—not only what sort of materials were used back then, but also how long its builders expected or wanted it to last, what sort of impression they wanted to make on the public, what its intended purpose might be. Turning an old building into steel is turning it into a mockery of itself. It's transforming a piece of history into something more permanent, but with less character. 

Just a little bit, and by little bit, I mean a lot.

The more you think about the things he did, the worse he gets. 

And think about the architecture he destroyed. 

Yes, his transfersion did preserve the buildings themselves, but it also changed their materials entirely. Brick, wood, clay—all of it became steel. This might have been a boon for, say, poorly built apartments that suddenly had no fear of fire or water damage, but what about older buildings downtown? 

Like Glesner House? 

Glessnerhousenew.JPG

Or the 42nd Precinct Police Station? 

1024px-42nd_Precinct_Police_Station_8.JP

Or the 8th Regiment Armory?

640px-Bronzevillemilitary.jpg

A building's materials are just as much a part of its history as the building itself. The materials tell a story—not only what sort of materials were used back then, but also how long its builders expected or wanted it to last, what sort of impression they wanted to make on the public, what its intended purpose might be. Turning an old building into steel is turning it into a mockery of itself. It's transforming a piece of history into something more permanent, but with less character. 

The more you think about the things he did, the worse he gets. 

:mellow:

Yep, now's as good a time as any to start a Scumbag Steelheart meme.

roflbot.jpg

I just added some more epics to the Doc if anyone's interested, feedback is welcome as always. (I think a few have been claimed but not marked as claimed yet, I'll try to mark them)

Proxy is quite probably the most powerful Epic on that list.  :o He could gift Steelheart's abilities to a gang of thugs in his employ, ensuring their loyalty by threatening to take their powers if they rebel.

:mellow:

Yep, now's as good a time as any to start a Scumbag Steelheart meme.

roflbot.jpg

Proxy is quite probably the most powerful Epic on that list.  :o He could gift Steelheart's abilities to a gang of thugs in his employ, ensuring their loyalty by threatening to take their powers if they rebel.

Yeah I really liked the idea of Proxy, but I thought that he'd be a bit OP and potentially outside the range of possible powers.

And then Steelheart died.