Thank. Goodness.

My thoughts exactly. Though they'd probably bicker too much to be much of a threat to anybody. :P

I just like the idea of Nighthound creeping on someone and then suddenly being crushed under a sheep :P I suspect that if their powers were reversed that's all Funtimes would ever do.

Be amused while you can, because matter manipulator Lightwards would be way scarier.

I also find it amusing that although he's powerful and can still potentially be as intimidating as the other two leaders Lightwards is really limited in immediate responses, which I think really does a lot to his character.

Corpsemaker: Silence! Or I'll stare at you until you die while robbing you of your powers!
Altermind: Silence! Or you'll be imagining bugs crawling over your for all eternity!
Lightwards: Silence! Or... Or... I'll turn your clothes into a sheep! Yeah! That'll show you all!

3smtmd.jpg

Edited by Voidus

My thoughts exactly. Though they'd probably bicker too much to be much of a threat to anybody. :P

Be amused while you can, because matter manipulator Lightwards would be way scarier.

Picture dark!Funtimes. Picture her with a raging case of PTSD and a disdain for everyone who isn't her. Picture her with no qualms against murder and more megalomania than is healthy.

That's how I imagine matter manipulator Lightwards.

Picture dark!Funtimes. Picture her with a raging case of PTSD and a disdain for everyone who isn't her. Picture her with no qualms against murder and more megalomania than is healthy.

That's how I imagine matter manipulator Lightwards.

Also less glitter. A lot less glitter.

Like, almost no glitter at all.

Backtrack would probably continue to be lame and unimportant, completely unaware of how powerful he could actually be.

Aldo would be pretty much the same.

Remington would kill Lightwards and Nighthound as quickly as he could find their weaknesses, after trapping them both in cement.

Quota would be pants-crappingly terrifying, partly because he would be bitter about no longer being able to manipulate emotions.

Nathan would trap every Epic he deemed dangerous in cement before being driven insane by guilt and the corruption from his powers.

Remington would kill Lightwards and Nighthound as quickly as he could find their weaknesses, after trapping them both in cement.

Quota would be pants-crappingly terrifying, partly because he would be bitter about no longer being able to manipulate emotions.

Nathan would trap every Epic he deemed dangerous in cement before being driven insane by guilt and the corruption from his powers.

Sam would launch the MoNA into the sun before retiring to a quiet life in her mother's bakery.

Revolution would conjure up unlimited bacon until she finally snapped from the corruption and set out to conquer Oregon.

Chicago Joe would transform the entire Pacific Ocean into whiskey. It would take him years, but he would maintain that the project was perfectly worth the effort.

0.o

Blackwave will be a terrifying addition to Oregon, that's for sure. How long has Blackwave been scourgin' the high seas?

What shall we do with a surly Epic?

Ear-ly in the mornin'.

Put 'im in the hold with our Brother Sharkbait

Ear-ly in the morn-in'!

I actually jumped up from the computer and yelled Backyardigans. I can't believe anyone else watched that show.

If my characters got matter manipulation along with their other powers...

Mommy would make toys for her children, and a few things for herself.

BusDriver wouldn't make buses anymore, and he'd probably be just as grouchy as always ;)

Reader would use it first to take over, then use it to recreate embarassing things from his subjects' pasts. 

Timeport....I don't even want to know what Timeport would do with it  :o

I actually jumped up from the computer and yelled Backyardigans. I can't believe anyone else watched that show.

Ha! The sea shanty is older than the Backyardigans by far, but I'd be lying if I said Backyardigans wasn't where I heard a version of it first. :P:D

Mobius with matter manipulation on top of her spatial distortion would essentially ascend beyond the rank of "High Epic" and would become a goddess incarnate. A vengeful goddess.

So, Matter Manipulators.

Sightline wouldn't really know what to do with it. He's not very good with Engineering, so he'd just teleport above somebody and turn something into an Anvil.

CorpseMaker would set about making the most Gothic Evil Lair he could possibly devise.

Blackwave would just turn as much land to water as possible.

I don't know what the others would do.

Oh, I forgot someone. 

Koschei with matter manipulation added to his healing abilities would first set about creating equipment for his army. He's not much of an engineer, but he would recruit one and follow his or her instructions long enough to build some tanks, guns, grenade launchers, etc. He would attempt to build a nuke, but become extremely angry when it proved too complicated for a quick project. To compensate, he would add mech suits and other heavy weaponry to the mix. 

Then he would hit The Dalles. 

He would start off with a show. Remember the scene in the church? Imagine that repeated a dozen times with much heavier weaponry and a much larger audience. 

Oddly enough, he would not often use his matter manipulation to give himself a clean shirt. He would spend most of his conquest with blood all down his front. 

My plan is coming to fruition! :P

Nice pony. Who is it? 

Witness the birth of an evil mastermind.

Ooh, me likey. :) I'll parrot TwiLight's question--who is he?

Are there any Portland characters likely to have sable skin coats? I'm mildly obsessed with sables at the moment, and I can't get the image of Lightwards reanimating someone's coat into a fluffy weasel and having it attack them out of my head.  :mellow:

He´s the PoV/Protagonist of the story I´m writting (this month).

As a matter manipulator, Voidgaze would probably create food.

Out of curiosity, how is CM's coffee shop supplied with coffee beans still? Are there still trade routes in the post-Calamity world, active and shipping goods from the Equator to Oregon?

I assumed there was some sort of plant Epic, perhaps working with a heat Epic and a water Epic, to create the environment necessary to grow coffee beans in such a cold climate. Maybe they're good at growing coffee but lousy at making lattes, so they keep the employees of several shops as slaves so they don't limit themselves to one brand of beverage? And maybe they have "contests" now and then, where they sample the signature drink of each shop and murder all the baristas of the losing shop to encourage high quality among those remaining?

Out of curiosity, how is CM's coffee shop supplied with coffee beans still? Are there still trade routes in the post-Calamity world, active and shipping goods from the Equator to Oregon?

1) Coffee Epic (Someone make this happen)

2) A more general plant Epic

3) a clima Epic creating an area where they can grow.

4) Import per teleporter

I assumed there was some sort of plant Epic, perhaps working with a heat Epic and a water Epic, to create the environment necessary to grow coffee beans in such a cold climate. Maybe they're good at growing coffee but lousy at making lattes, so they keep the employees of several shops as slaves so they don't limit themselves to one brand of beverage? And maybe they have "contests" now and then, where they sample the signature drink of each shop and murder all the baristas of the losing shop to encourage high quality among those remaining?

There's a line in Steelheart where Megan says that Newcago doesn't receive imports from Latin America; I take this to mean that there are still trade routes active in the world, but Steelheart chooses not to use them for his own nefarious purposes.

Then again, your idea is way cooler. :P:D Can we name the coffee Epic "Mocha Maxima"?

There's a line in Steelheart where Megan says that Newcago doesn't receive imports from Latin America; I take this to mean that there are still trade routes active in the world, but Steelheart chooses not to use them for his own nefarious purposes.

Then again, your idea is way cooler. :P:D Can we name the coffee Epic "Mocha Maxima"?

Maybe he's on bad terms with an Epic in Central Mexico, stemming back to something he calls The Hatch Chili Hairspray Incident. Mere mention of this Incident in his presence is an instant death sentence. :P