What, by ponies? 

6cdb36ba78eb7e43b4506bedab126243.png

What makes you say that?

My brother accused me of being a brony today. I offered to show him my collection of custom Once Upon a Time in Wonderland ponies. pinkiecrazy.png

Ooh, that's a good one. :) (Which I should know by now, since I am a pony connoisseur.) Anything you can tell us about the Epic behind the alicorn? I'm guessing some sort of hurricane-manipulator.

My brother accused me of being a brony today. I offered to show him my collection of custom Once Upon a Time in Wonderland ponies. pinkiecrazy.png

Ooh, that's a good one. :) (Which I should know by now, since I am a pony connoisseur.) Anything you can tell us about the Epic behind the alicorn? I'm guessing some sort of hurricane-manipulator.

I haven't seen that series. Is it any good? 

Thanks :) Weather, actually, although creation of hurricanes was one of her biggest goals. Snowstorms and blizzards were what she mastered first, since the place she first gained her powers and later claimed as her territory has a famously cold climate. Hurricanes, however—that was what she saw as the ultimate show of power. Command the winds from across hundreds of miles to create a storm for the sole purpose of venting her displeasure? That, to her, was true power. Her initial frustrations with actually creating one did lead her to conclude her weakness must be close by and, unsure of how exactly that weakness affected her powers, attempted to destroy that assumed weakness immediately. 

I haven't seen that series. Is it any good? 

Thanks :) Weather, actually, although creation of hurricanes was one of her biggest goals. Snowstorms and blizzards were what she mastered first, since the place she first gained her powers and later claimed as her territory has a famously cold climate. Hurricanes, however—that was what she saw as the ultimate show of power. Command the winds from across hundreds of miles to create a storm for the sole purpose of venting her displeasure? That, to her, was true power. Her initial frustrations with actually creating one did lead her to conclude her weakness must be close by and, unsure of how exactly that weakness affected her powers, attempted to destroy that assumed weakness immediately. 

Personally, I loved it. It had some of the same mildly sappy speeches as its parent show Once Upon a Time, but somehow that never bothered me. It only lasted thirteen episodes, but I enjoyed every one; the characters were well fleshed-out and entertaining, and the setting was just as bizarre, dangerous, and whimsical as you'd expect from a OUAT re-imagining of Wonderland. Remember the episode of the parent show with the Mad Hatter meeting the Queen of Hearts? The whole series is like that.

Here's what the Cheshire Cat looks like in the show:

thumb_ykucmmxzeknqfla_1383418381.png

And yes, he's as big as a grizzly bear. As agile as a kitten though.

Storming woman.  B) She sounds neat, just as megalomaniacal as a weather Epic should be in my mind. What's her name?

Personally, I loved it. It had some of the same mildly sappy speeches as its parent show Once Upon a Time, but somehow that never bothered me. It only lasted thirteen episodes, but I enjoyed every one; the characters were well fleshed-out and entertaining, and the setting was just as bizarre, dangerous, and whimsical as you'd expect from a OUAT re-imagining of Wonderland. Remember the episode of the parent show with the Mad Hatter meeting the Queen of Hearts? The whole series is like that.

Here's what the Cheshire Cat looks like in the show:

thumb_ykucmmxzeknqfla_1383418381.png

And yes, he's as big as a grizzly bear. As agile as a kitten though.

Storming woman.  B) She sounds neat, just as megalomaniacal as a weather Epic should be in my mind. What's her name?

That is terrifyingly perfect. :D 

Haha, I found that punny. :P Khione, after the Greek goddess of snow. A minor goddess to the Greeks, but this Khione resolved to become a far more fearsome and ambitious goddess than the first Khione ever was. 

Haha, I found that punny. :P Khione, after the Greek goddess of snow. A minor goddess to the Greeks, but this Khione resolved to become a far more fearsome and ambitious goddess than the first Khione ever was. 

Memorable line from the first episode:

"You wouldn't eat a friend, right Cheshire?"

"Hmm... certainly not without pepper."

I found it a very enjoyable show all things considered. You should definitely give it a try. :D

Was her Start of Darkness after people started asking her for snow khiones? :P I like names from Greek mythology.

Will she be featured in Funtimes' flashbacks?

Edited by Kobold King

Memorable line from the first episode:

I found it a very enjoyable show all things considered. You should definitely give it a try. :D

Was her Start of Darkness after people started asking people for snow khiones? :P I like names from Greek mythology.

Will she be featured in Funtimes' flashbacks?

I think I will, once I'm done with finals. <_< Oh well. After that, I'll have an entire month off. 

Sadly, no. :P I think a lot of Epics would choose names from various mythological traditions. It seems to go hand-in-hand with claiming divinity. 

Since a RAFO would, at this point, be as good as a yes, I'll just say yes. :P 

Huh. I have an Epic named after Zethes (One of the sons of Boreas). But he's just a speed and flying Epic.

I think I will, once I'm done with finals. <_< Oh well. After that, I'll have an entire month off. 

Sadly, no. :P I think a lot of Epics would choose names from various mythological traditions. It seems to go hand-in-hand with claiming divinity. 

Since a RAFO would, at this point, be as good as a yes, I'll just say yes. :P

That reminds me... is there an in-universe reason for the name Quota chose for himself?

That's the tricky thing about RAFOs. :P I've heard before that Brandon Sanderson will flat-out RAFO questions in any way related to certain topics, just so people won't get the impression they can divine the truth out of the frequency of his RAFOs.

Huh. I have an Epic named after Zethes (One of the sons of Boreas). But he's just a speed and flying Epic.

Oh, that's a cool name. :D

That reminds me... is there an in-universe reason for the name Quota chose for himself?

That's the tricky thing about RAFOs. :P I've heard before that Brandon Sanderson will flat-out RAFO questions in any way related to certain topics, just so people won't get the impression they can divine the truth out of the frequency of his RAFOs.

I wondered about that the minute I decided to make Quota a character. :mellow: I'm torn between two possible reasons. 

1. He believes everyone gets a certain amount of happiness in a day, and he's the one to ensure they don't exceed that quota. 
  2. Pre-Calamity Quota was an immature fourteen-year-old who spent his days trolling websites with upvote/downvote options for posts. He got a certain kick out of bringing a post down into negative reputation (or karma, or upvotes, or whatever the measurement system on the site was) and sometimes targeted certain members because he felt like it. He always felt a little thrill whenever he managed to antagonize someone into deleting their account. 

Alternatively, I could combine the two. 

(I also feel obliged to say that Funtimes' flashbacks, as they're currently conceived, don't exactly show Khione in action. But she does play a part in them.) 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Oh, that's a cool name. :D

I wondered about that the minute I decided to make Quota a character. :mellow: I'm torn between two possible reasons. 

1. He believes everyone gets a certain amount of happiness in a day, and he's the one to ensure they don't exceed that quota. 
  2. Pre-Calamity Quota was an immature fourteen-year-old who spent his days trolling websites with upvote/downvote options for posts. He got a certain kick out of bringing a post down into negative reputation (or karma, or upvotes, or whatever the measurement system on the site was) and sometimes targeted certain members because he felt like it. He always felt a little thrill whenever he managed to antagonize someone into deleting their account. 

Alternatively, I could combine the two. 

(I also feel obliged to say that Funtimes' flashbacks, as they're currently conceived, don't exactly show Khione in action. But she does play a part in them.) 

Agreed. I kind of want to see Zethes now. :D

Those both make way too much sense.  :mellow: Ooh, maybe Troll!Quota was one of the trolls who vandalized Steve Lawrence's Firefly wiki? :P

(That's a shame. She sounds interesting. Was she well-known enough for more worldwise characters like Aldo to know about her?)

Forgive me if I'm forgetting... but has there been a Panacea pony yet?

Those both make way too much sense.  :mellow: Ooh, maybe Troll!Quota was one of the trolls who vandalized Steve Lawrence's Firefly wiki? :P

(That's a shame. She sounds interesting. Was she well-known enough for more worldwise characters like Aldo to know about her?)

I don't mind if he gets taken up by someone, in myth he was the brother to khione so Twi can put him in one of the flashbacks if she wants.

Those both make way too much sense. :mellow: Ooh, maybe Troll!Quota was one of the trolls who vandalized Steve Lawrence's Firefly wiki? :P

I thought of that as I wrote it. :D

(I do plan to bring her back in various flashbacks, but I'm not sure exactly when or how. I'm sure Aldo and maybe Revolution would know about her--she now rules a good portion of southern Alaska (near Wasilla) and part of Canada.)

No...sadly.

I thought of that as I wrote it. :D

(I do plan to bring her back in various flashbacks, but I'm not sure exactly when or how. I'm sure Aldo and maybe Revolution would know about her--she now rules a good portion of southern Alaska (near Wasilla) and part of Canada.)

No...sadly.

"It's you," Backtrack murmured, rising to his feet. "It's always been you."

Quota looked at him askance, still smirking but seeming unsure of himself.

Backtrack stumbled closer to him, understanding dawning on him. "You were LeanLatte43," he founding himself saying. Usernames and pages of revision history sprung unbidden to his mind. It was so clear now. The man who had tormented him, making a mockery of his simple Internet pleasure--that man was the Epic of despair.

It made quite a lot of sense, actually.

The Epic of despair looked confused for a moment, before tilting his head back for a raucous laugh. "Oh, this is better than I thought!" he leered. "Are you that admin that kept banning my accounts?"

Backtrack's fists clenched. "You," he whispered hoarsely, "You're the one who hit the Malcolm Reynolds article. The one who replaced all instances of the character's name..."

"...Into 'Captain Poopface,'" Quota finished with a smirk. "Yeah, I wasn't big on subtlety as a teen. But hey--at least I got bigger and cooler since then. Wouldn't you say, SmoothOperator15?"

A flash of despair and helplessness washed over Backtrack, nearly making him collapse from sheer emotional wreckage. Tears streamed from his eyes, and dark thoughts leaped to the forefront of his mind.

"You!" he shouted angrily, grabbing a pistol from the corpse of a fallen Thoughttown guard. "All you do is spread misery, wherever you go. And you'll never change!"

"Depression's like a good latte," Quota agreed wistfully. "Or other people's, at least. It's rich, it's always unique, it keeps me going through life. And I never get sick of it."

"Then I know what I have to do," Backtrack whispered. He raised the pistol, pointing it into Quota's smirking face. "It's always been a fight between us. Since before Calamity we've been on a path that leads us right here, right now. And that path ends today."

He began to pull the trigger....

"QUOTA YOU DIRTY MEANIEFACE FULL OF LAME!"

Both Epics glanced up to see a haggard Doctor Funtimes falling out of the sky, a pink camouflaged parachute strapped to her back and a feral snarl upon her lips. Quota started to raise his own pistol, only for it to disintegrate into a mass of snakes in his hand.

The Epic of despair barely managed to open his mouth in a final scream as a nearby car transformed into an enormous ball of twine the size of a garage, which proceeded to roll over the hapless man, leaving only a greyish-red smear on the pavement.

Backtrack stared at the remains of his nemesis of old, awkwardly pointing the pistol into the air.

"Or that," he sighed finally. "I guess that works too."

Is there anything for my characters to do? It's been a while.

Well….what were CorpseMaker's plans for the evening? If he doesn't have any, maybe Timeport would wander around and spread mayhem? (He and Quota could team up for that, if you wanted—if Timeport proved himself sufficiently devoted to spreading mayhem, Quota wouldn't bother with his usual push-them-to-despair-while-drinking-a-latte deal.) 

"It's you," Backtrack murmured, rising to his feet. "It's always been you."

Quota looked at him askance, still smirking but seeming unsure of himself.

Backtrack stumbled closer to him, understanding dawning on him. "You were LeanLatte43," he founding himself saying. Usernames and pages of revision history sprung unbidden to his mind. It was so clear now. The man who had tormented him, making a mockery of his simple Internet pleasure--that man was the Epic of despair.

It made quite a lot of sense, actually.

The Epic of despair looked confused for a moment, before tilting his head back for a raucous laugh. "Oh, this is better than I thought!" he leered. "Are you that admin that kept banning my accounts?"

Backtrack's fists clenched. "You," he whispered hoarsely, "You're the one who hit the Malcolm Reynolds article. The one who replaced all instances of the character's name..."

"...Into 'Captain Poopface,'" Quota finished with a smirk. "Yeah, I wasn't big on subtlety as a teen. But hey--at least I got bigger and cooler since then. Wouldn't you say, SmoothOperator15?"

A flash of despair and helplessness washed over Backtrack, nearly making him collapse from sheer emotional wreckage. Tears streamed from his eyes, and dark thoughts leaped to the forefront of his mind.

"You!" he shouted angrily, grabbing a pistol from the corpse of a fallen Thoughttown guard. "All you do is spread misery, wherever you go. And you'll never change!"

"Depression's like a good latte," Quota agreed wistfully. "Or other people's, at least. It's rich, it's always unique, it keeps me going through life. And I never get sick of it."

"Then I know what I have to do," Backtrack whispered. He raised the pistol, pointing it into Quota's smirking face. "It's always been a fight between us. Since before Calamity we've been on a path that leads us right here, right now. And that path ends today."

He began to pull the trigger....

"QUOTA YOU DIRTY MEANIEFACE FULL OF LAME!"

Both Epics glanced up to see a haggard Doctor Funtimes falling out of the sky, a pink camouflaged parachute strapped to her back and a feral snarl upon her lips. Quota started to raise his own pistol, only for it to disintegrate into a mass of snakes in his hand.

The Epic of despair barely managed to open his mouth in a final scream as a nearby car transformed into an enormous ball of twine the size of a garage, which proceeded to roll over the hapless man, leaving only a greyish-red smear on the pavement.

Backtrack stared at the remains of his nemesis of old, awkwardly pointing the pistol into the air.

"Or that," he sighed finally. "I guess that works too."

That was beautiful. :D