A little story I made up off of one of Lightsong's jokes.

Something was wrong. Lightsong opened his eyes, disorientated. The walls seemed to be white, but the colors shifted and melted into one another, just like if the God King was here. He stood up. Lightsong wondered where he was. What had happened? Was he dreaming-again? Dreams were so annoying. At least they weren't politics. Lightsong hated politics. 

"Hiyo!" A squeaky voice called off of a mass of colors across the room. Lightsong squinted in the direction.

"Is this a dream?" He asked in his usual sarcastic way. "Because if it is, then I am going to be annoyed."

"Lightsong! I remember yoo-hoo!" The thing wasn't the size of a human, let alone a Returned. So how would this thing have such a massive Bio-Chromatic aura? Lightsong shook his head, thinking led to action. Action was tiring.

"Who are you?"

"I'm the Name Bringer!" The thing wove around a bottle of something. "More wine!" A group of people ran out of nowhere with bottles of wine. Was that... a monkey? The monkey grabbed one of the bottles and downed it. He did the same thing with all of the bottles. Lightsong vaguely remembered a comment of his a while back, that the names of the Returned were made up by a drunk monkey. But really? Lightsong shrugged. It didn't matter, not really. Wondering led to thinking, after all. 

"You make up the names of the Returned?" Lightsong asked.

"Yee-hoo!" The Name Bringer jumped up into the air. Lightsong shook his head. In the past, Lightsong's dreams had been strange. They had been disturbing. They had been scary. But never in his entire second lifetime-he didn't remember the first-had he dreamed something like this.

"You are crazy, you know that monkey?"

"Noo!" He laughed. "Moonsteady the Loyal!" The Name Bringer pointed at the ground beneath him. Lightsong sighed. Moonsteady the Loyal. What would this monkey think up next? It had come up with Lightsong the Bold, Blushweaver the Honest, and countless other stupid names. At least he did a better job than Lightsong would. Lightsong would probably just have named them all Stupid Head 1...however many Returned there was at this point. Nobody ever counted it.

"By You!" Lightsong exclaimed.

"Excuuuuse me?" The Name Bringer asked. "What abooout me?"

"Nothing." Lightsong muttered. "Just your breath."

"He'll send you back, you know." One of the serving ladies whispered nervously. "He has a temper."

"Good! Send me back!" Lightsong exclaimed. "This is getting dull." Then Lightsong woke up. Scoot was looking over him, a little confused.

"What did you dream about tonight, Your Grace?" He asked.

"A drunk monkey." Lightsong admitted.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...