The Future of Nalthis Cinema

Mistdork

A topic that's a little off the wall. I'm so not sorry, I Awakened an idea and couldn't let it go.

So, given that Nalthis is the perfect place for horror movies (in fact, when they start exporting to other worlds, they could make a fortune off horror films, brightly colored things, tourism, and creepy tea). In some ways, special effects could be cheaper (for a bit, until Awakener demand outraces the supply...) and they could invent the Zombie Lifeless Genre, other than the obvious awesomeness there, what other horror effects (and effects in general) could Awakening produce? How do you guys think the future of cinema might look compared to our world (or other worlds in the Cosmere)?

Since, you know, I want to invest in it in a thousand years of Cosmeric time! :D

I don't think so. they are familiar with lifeless, so they won't find them scary. Look at our world. Industrial machines kill many more people than zombies, but have you ever seen a move about an assembly line getting up and killing people? (no, terminator and other robots do not count: we don't have the technology to make those).

In fact, I dare say that on nalthis zombie moves would never have much success.

I had an idea for a fan fiction a while ago that sounds kind of relevant; Nalthian Vampires.

After all, one of the rules of Breaths is that someone has to will them away; My Breath to You, and all that. So I think the idea of someone being able to just take your Breath away would be extremely terrifying.

Breaking the "rules", of course, but then, horror films in our world don't always pay attention to how physics and stuff works.

I had an idea for a fan fiction a while ago that sounds kind of relevant; Nalthian Vampires.

After all, one of the rules of Breaths is that someone has to will them away; My Breath to You, and all that. So I think the idea of someone being able to just take your Breath away would be extremely terrifying.

Breaking the "rules", of course, but then, horror films in our world don't always pay attention to how physics and stuff works.

If they brought Spikes to Nalthis and Spiked you in the right place, this could kind of occur... Though, not quite the same, as you're either dead or will have permanent spiritual damage, mixing magics could have freaky results...

Basically, the villain is a serial killer who uses Hemalurgy to steal Breath, it could even be based on a "true story", if you want to go that far... :P 

I don't think so. they are familiar with lifeless, so they won't find them scary. Look at our world. Industrial machines kill many more people than zombies, but have you ever seen a move about an assembly line getting up and killing people? (no, terminator and other robots do not count: we don't have the technology to make those).

In fact, I dare say that on nalthis zombie moves would never have much success.

yeah but they could make lifeless zombie movies and sell them on other shardworlds where they would be scary.

This is the key. I think Nalthis will become Hollywood/Bollywood, and be the Cosmere focus for all visual formats.

Exactly. It will be like Hollywood (well, Central and South American style probably, though I might be the only one who pictures it this way, with a touch of Ancient Greece on the side) and probably LA.  Vasher will hate it...if he's still around. *snickers* :P

Exactly. It will be like Hollywood (well, Central and South American style probably, though I might be the only one who pictures it this way, with a touch of Ancient Greece on the side) and probably LA.  Vasher will hate it...if he's still around. *snickers* :P

That's the reason he left. Clearly.

That's the reason he left. Clearly.

And nothing at all to do with a limited supply of Investiture or new laws regulating the selling and purchasing of Breath. Someone found some ancient documents about his life (way back in the day) and made a movie about him that won the equivalent of 11 Oscars and 4 Golden Globes. It was so successful it made him skedaddle for the price of one Nightblood and 200 Breath (the first delivered to a certain Herald, the later to Hoid). Indeed, the truth revealed at last!

​Brought to you by the Cosmere Enquirer: Get your Cosmere Gossip Here. In our next issue, "Where is Marsh? And how to attract Kelsier's Shadow to you!"

Edited by Nymp

Of course, and I can't forget Hoid Spottings ("Where's Hoid-o"), Best Locations to Vocation in the Cosmere, The Kandra is a Magical Fish, and "He Spiked Me! - Tales of Famous People Reportedly Losing Their Powers".

I think it's time for a new topic...xD

Edited by Nymp

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if you could awaken a boom mic with the command, "Stay out of frame"

I guess it depends on whether or not simply visualising a lack of a boom mic in a camera frame is enough for the boom mic to know what is or isn't in view of the camera. Which begs the question of if it's possible to link Awakened objects in a way where one object knows when the boom mic is about to be in view and can tell another Awakened object to move the boom mic out of view.

• Chaos locked this topic