Random Stuff

mail-mi

The way it's phrased just makes it sound like it was gleaming very brightly, to the point where it almost looked like it was glowing, but not quite.

Then again, the Bandersnatch is a sneaky one indeed, so this might indeed hint at a surprise later on... :ph34r:

Well I now of nothing conrete buuuuuut...... WoR spoilers, like last couple of chapters/epilouge don't read it Twi

Gavilar did have the same visions send by the Stormfather as Dalinar, who ended up bonding him as a Bondsmith, so Gavilar at least being a proto-Radiant isn't exactly far fetched.

Edited by Edgedancer

The way it's phrased just makes it sound like it was gleaming very brightly, to the point where it almost looked like it was glowing, but not quite.

Then again, the Bandersnatch is a sneaky one indeed, so this might indeed hint at a surprise later on... :ph34r:

I have my own theory about what Gavilar secretly was. :ph34r:

dsc_0400_2.jpg

(No spoilers in this spoiler tag. :P)

Edited by Kobold King

And Szeth killed him? :o Truthless or not, that is not okay!

That's a mistranslation. The Shin word is actually "Cuteless". :o

By the way, since the admins usually make a point to close threads once they get to 100 pages, would anyone mind if I went ahead and started "Random Stuff II" at the end of this page? I already ponified myself doing it, though I suppose I could post it regardless of whether or not I'm the one who starts it. :P

My grandmother has literally spent the last decade of her life planning for her demise. For years she has planned out every last detail about her funeral and will. She has marked every seat at her funeral with instructions for who should sit where. She has selected an entire playlist of songs to play during the ceremony, and has already printed out lyrics sheets for us to follow. Every last trinket in her house has a predetermined home for when she passes away.

I'd be worried about her, but given that she made these plans a decade ago and hasn't declined in health since, I'm not sure what to think of her obsession with getting every last detail taken care of. :mellow: On the bright side, she doesn't object to a bit of snark during the planning conversations. :ph34r:

GRANDMA: This is where you'll sit, Jared. Right between your daddy and your little brother.

ME: Well, wait just a minute. You could realistically live another ten to twenty years before this is an issue. What if I have a wife and kids by then? Where can they sit?

GRANDMA: Well, I'll change the arrangements if you get married.

ME: What if you don't have time to? What if I get married on the same day you have your funeral?

GRANDMA: You're not allowed to get married on my funeral day.

ME: Oh, way to make this all about you.

Does the 'Gary' in the term Gary Stu come the memetic badchull that is Gary Oak?

(Lest anyone wonder why Gary is awesome; in the games, he is always one step ahead of you. In the anime, he got 10 gym badges in the Kanto region.

Kanto has eight gyms. No matter how awesome Ash -or the players- are, Gary will always have two badges that no one else will ever get.

(Maybe 3, since he didn't have Veridian City Badge at the time))

Point is... is Gary Oak the original Gary Stu?

Edited by Quiver

Does the 'Gary' in the term Gary Stu come the memetic badchull that is Gary Oak?

(Lest anyone wonder why Gary is awesome; in the games, he is always one step ahead of you. In the anime, he got 10 gym badges in the Kanto region.

Kanto has eight gyms. No matter how awesome Ash -or the players- are, Gary will always have two badges that no one else will ever get.

(Maybe 3, since he didn't have Veridian City Badge at the time))

Point is... is Gary Oak the original Gary Stu?

Gary's not a human being. He was actually an android, designed solely for the purpose of providing a challenge to Red and motivating him on his quest to become Pokemon master.

That's why he always takes the Pokemon with a type advantage over yours--his sole purpose for existence is to seize a strategic advantage over Red.

That's why he's always directly ahead of you--he has no goals of his own. He's just there to be slightly in front of Red.

That's why he's not celebrated even for his brief time as Champion, and his own "grandfather" congratulates a complete stranger but won't even shake Gary's hand. Gary's just a piece of metal that followed its programming; would you congratulate a toaster for making good toast?

But Oak made a tragic mistake. When Gary loses his Raticate on the S. S. Anne, he mourns. He's found in Lavender Town's Pokemon cemetery later, suggesting his prized Pokemon died that day. But while the cold metal champion he was designed to be would shed no tears, Gary felt grief. He couldn't understand what he was feeling or even why he felt it. All he knew was that the task that meant everything to him was breaking his mechanical heart with each passing day.

That is the tragedy of Gary Oak.

Edited by Kobold King

My cat's giving birth, which so far pushes our number of cats to 18, I think.

I don't care though. I don't even care that we'll have to work harder to afford their cat food and to afford getting them fixed.

All I care about is how cute the kittens are already. :D

EDIT: She's already given birth to one more. I think we have 19 cats now.

Edited by Kobold King

I don't care though. I don't even care that we'll have to work harder to afford their cat food and to afford getting them fixed.

The part of my brain that loves all things cute is squealing in glee....while the part that remembers my allergies is screaming in terror. :mellow:

Awww I bet they are adorable. :wub: Still did you maybe think about selling some of them?

Awww I bet they are adorable. :wub: Still did you maybe think about selling some of them?

They are. :wub:

We thought about it, but there are so many cats in this part of Texas, I can't drive through town without seeing kids with "Free Kittens" signs. And since you can acquire your own cat pretty easily just by leaving food out and attracting a lovable stray, there's not much demand for even free kittens.

But the worst part is that I live in a particularly shady part of Texas. There are a lot of gangs in this part of the state, and dog-fighting is pretty popular among the sleazier folk. It's not uncommon for the owners of fighting dogs to acquire free or cheap kittens to use as training fodder for their dogs. :unsure:

Edited by Kobold King

They are. :wub:

We thought about it, but there are so many cats in this part of Texas, I can't drive through town without seeing kids with "Free Kittens" signs. And since you can acquire your own cat pretty easily just by leaving food out and attracting a lovable stray, there's not much demand for even free kittens.

But the worst part is that I live in a particularly shady part of Texas. There are a lot of gangs in this part of the state, and dog-fighting is pretty popular among the sleazier folk. It's not uncommon for the owners of fighting dogs to acquire free or cheap kittens to use as training fodder for their dogs. :unsure:

Ouch. Nothing personal but shady Texas sucks. :unsure:

Edited by Edgedancer

Those slontzebags! :angry:

It's a shame there isn't a way to train one of your kittens as a prizefighter, so you can give those dogfight people the surprise of their lives when they open the box. Just make sure to train it to attack on some sort of human cue, so it wouldn't hurt the poor dogs. :ph34r::P

Ouch. Nothing personal but shady Taxas sucks. :unsure:

No offense taken. People down here complain about the northern states all the time, but Illinois was much nicer in my opinion. Chicago sucks, and the taxes are high all over the state, but there were no criminal cartels smuggling drugs over the border. <_<

Those slontzebags! :angry:

It's a shame there isn't a way to train one of your kittens as a prizefighter, so you can give those dogfight people the surprise of their lives when they open the box. Just make sure to train it to attack on some sort of human cue, so it wouldn't hurt the poor dogs. :ph34r::P

Agreed. <_<

Sort of like that opening scene from Big Hero 6? But with cats and dogs? :P

Yet somehow still adorable. Let's hope one of those men has allergies, so those claw marks will burn for hours. :ph34r:

You have a vindictive streak that scares me sometimes, Twi. :P

Since by my calculations this should be marking Page 100, what do you guys think of giving the admins a kind gesture and relocating to a second thread?