Revisions for Warbreaker 4.2

amosbatto

Hi, I just finished reading Warbreaker 4.2, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you very much for putting it online and for the very enjoyable Sunday I spent reading your book.

I noticed about two dozen small spelling errors or missing words which I corrected and highlighted in yellow. See the attached file.

I also corrected your use of ellipses and hyphens. Ellipses should have spaces around them like "hello . . . kitty", but not "hello. . .kitty". You should only use 4 periods in an ellipses, if quoting from multiple paragraphs, then maintain the punctuation mark from the end of the first paragraph, then add three periods. See: http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/ellipses.asp

Example:

The big red chicken was ugly and

had scabbies.

It did not act like a normal chicken

but it did like to peck and scratch,

looking for worms

Then quote in this way:

"The big red chicken was ugly and had scabbies. . . . it did like to peck and scratch, looking for worms."

You generally should not use a hyphen when you have an adverb which modifies an adjective, as you did in this case:

She walked with her head down on a mostly-empty street.

WarbreakerFull4.2.doc.zip

Edited by amosbatto

That edition actually isn't the most recent one online. The most recent one is this one, but even that doesn't have some of the corrections that later printed editions have. Let me check to see if the errors you highlighted are in there though.

EDIT- In a quick readthrough, it seems like most of the changes you highlighted were changed in the most recent edition.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if this has been corrected since I downloaded Warbreaker, but on page 501 (according to the page numbers) Vivenna is speaking with Vasher at the court of the returned when suddenly it says that lightsong answers her.

“All right,” Vasher said. “I will do what I can.”

Vivenna nodded, turning back to the arena. The priests were withdrawing.

“Where are they going?”

“To their gods,” Lightsong said. “To seek the Will of the Pantheon in

formal vote.”

“About the war?” Vivenna asked, feeling a chill.

Vasher nodded. “It is time.”

• Chaos locked this topic