Release Dates

Zas678

2 hours ago, axcellence said:

Book 1 only.

If that's the case he's gone a bit off script from what he was saying just a couple of months ago. He was planning on starting Book Two in Late September, and so far we haven't seen any progress update on it at all. Meanwhile the Mystery Project - which may or may not be the Random Novella - was supposed to be after Book Two. 

2 hours ago, vividox said:

If that's the case he's gone a bit off script from what he was saying just a couple of months ago. He was planning on starting Book Two in Late September, and so far we haven't seen any progress update on it at all. Meanwhile the Mystery Project - which may or may not be the Random Novella - was supposed to be after Book Two. 

I think he had book 2 from late Sep-Dec period.  But you have to give him credit.  Not many authors come out so quickly.  Also, things have always slipped out, eg Oathbringer is a year later than what was originally envisaged, but it’s a lot faster than the likes of Rothfuss, etc.

SA4 has already slipped from 2019 to 2020 and I wouldn’t be surprised if it is 2021.

Well, Apocalypse Guard was a bit flawed anyway at concept stage.  

Steelheart started with such a cool concept that it dragged some of the unlikable bits under the carpet.

A superhero intern turned world saver is just not going to appeal at the outset like the Steelheart one.

Edited by axcellence

5 hours ago, vividox said:

Not scrapped, but I think it would be more accurate to say delayed. Who knows when the inspiration will strike (so he will complete it in a satisfying way)? It could be tomorrow or in ten years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
7 hours ago, Void89 said:

Does anybody know when approximately skyward 2 will hit the shelves? This one really got me by surprise. Absolutely not my genre - sci-fi fantasy hybrid? Seemed weird, but he made it work so now I'm hooked and need more of that stuff :D

Next year (2019), I believe. Might have to wait a bit for book 3, though. 

7 hours ago, Void89 said:

Does anybody know when approximately skyward 2 will hit the shelves? This one really got me by surprise. Absolutely not my genre - sci-fi fantasy hybrid? Seemed weird, but he made it work so now I'm hooked and need more of that stuff :D

https://brandonsanderson.com/state-of-the-sanderson-2018/

That’s the state of the Sanderson post, so you can go read about Skyward on there. The tl;dr: Starsight in November 2019, and Skyward 3 probably 2021

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/1/2020 at 2:01 PM, pether said:

Does somebody know when we can expect Rythm of War being translated and released in Europe?

That would depend of the country, I guess. EU doesn't have a common policy when it comes to publishing books. Probably depends of the publisher who has the contract with Sanderson and released the previous books.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
On 6/27/2012 at 9:23 PM, Strawberry Eggs said:

This is awesome to have in one place. Thank you! I heard that Tor is interested in releasing the last Alcatraz book, but it's news to me that they'll be rereleasing the previous books first.

I'm thrilled to hear that Tor is considering releasing the last Alcatraz book! Having all the books in one place would be fantastic.

• AonEne unpinned this topic