The Pack of the Cosmere

Twilight Sparkle- the pony, not the wolf- almost leapt at the sound of Screwlooses voice... probably at least in part because she had her muzzle practically buried in the various consoles and contraptions of his work station. The faint aura surrounding the pencil and paper she held vanished, the two pieces dropping to the floor as she turned.

The pony scientist looked over Screwloose, her eyes bulging at the the disheveled sight.

"Forget Winter, what happened to you? I don't think I've seen this much blood in... well, ever."

"Really?"

Twilight tilted her head, looking confused rather than concerned.

"Okay, so... what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be doing your Supermare thing? Wait," she suddenly added, "that doesn't really carry over culturally. I mean...shouldn't you be mounting a recue mission or something?"

Screwloose frowned. "You expected me to take on the Alley without finding help first? I may be an Epic but even I'm not that arrogant."

That was only half the story of course. Screwloose still wasn't sure exactly how winter had been captured. She should have been powerful enough to resist them longer than she did and Screwloose hadn't seen many signs of further fighting after he'd regained consciousness.

Screwloose readjusted his goggles, ensuring his eyes were properly covered. "I still have her tracked, but I'll need assistance. I'll leave it up to Silver if he wants to bring the pack into this, as beta he's in charge now. I'm sure we can ask the anti bakery for assistance as well."

The situation still worried Screwloose though. He'd been out of it during the final minutes of the battle, but he had a theory. And if that theory was correct he may have to kill Winter himself.

"Uh... what do you mean we?"

Twilight frowned, straightening her glasses.

"I mean, I'm guessing you mean Winter's pack, but I just want to clarify things. You aren't talking about me, are you? Because even if I was a part of your group-which I'm not- I'm more of an observer."

I'm in charge. Me In Charge? Sparks, that's weird to think. The dragon thought to himself. No one ever puts me in charge. He thought about that for a second and then added to himself, for very long, that is.

"We need to go after Winter." The dragon said. "The whole pack, which is just us three. Rusts, we need more people, well..." he looked around, "Maybe ‘people’ isn't the best terminology.”

The dragon walk towards the entrance of the cave, transforming back into a wolf as he went. He stopped when he was fully outside, and raised his silver head, and let loose a howl that could be heard for miles and mile. Ripping through the boundaries of the different worlds, calling out to all of the wolves in the cosmer and without. The howle went on for what seemed like eternity, and when he stopped, the echo bounced back from the edges of time and space, washing over the temporarily made alfa like a tidal wave.

There was a moment of silence as the echoes died out, but then fiant howls could be heard, calling back in response. Their cried getting louder as they began to appear around their alfa, running between the boundaries of the worlds, as only a wolf can.  Soon a horde of wolves surrounded the opening of the cave. The silver wolf in the middle turned back towards Screwloose.

“Do you happen to know where the Dark Ally is, because these wolves really want to fight right now.”

Screwloose raised one eyebrow, but didn't  comment. Where silver had found these new arrivals was a question for a later date. Right now any help was welcome. Instead he sat down at his console, inputting a few commands.

"The tracker I planted on Winter is still responding. I have her rough coordinates, although we may have to search quite a bit still. Those alleyways are like a maze." Screwloose rubbed his chin, thinking for a moment. "Of course, with your sense of smell we should be able to track her once we arrive."

He began digging through various boxes, coming out with a number of collar like devices. Fastening one around his neck he offered another to Silver. "It's a communicator, in case we get seperated. The collar itself can stretch so you should be able to keep it on even if you transform. I'll see if I can contact the anti bakery and gain their assistance, then we'll come p with a plan to save Winter."

"I'm afraid something is wrong with Winter, she doesn't seem to want to be saved" said LeftVash as he jumped into the frame, "Not saying you shouldn't try, but be prepared. There's something fishy going on, aside from the wolfnapping"

Winter pulled a shadow of herself out of the Cognitive Realm and into the Physical Realm. "I'm sorry." Winter frowned. "But I think I have to explain to you before you get yourselves killed. I don't think you'll believe the Dark Alley's people. It was my idea. I wanted to protect you. I made them promise not to attack you as long as I stayed with them willingly. I am fine. I am alive. Only slightly more Spiked. Although, I don't think it will extend to willingly battering yourself at them. Some of them have so many Spikes that you would never find them all. They're practically immortal. White Moonlight/Silver Dragon, you are in charge while I am busy. I am being pleasantly treated. I can reach you through the Cognitive Realm and a complicated thing I do not yet fully understand called the Pack Link. Goodbye for now. Please. Leave me where I am. And some things are a lot more complicated about the Dark Alley than any of us originally anticipated. They may be different than I expected but don't think they won't kill you easily." Winter pulled herself back into the Cognitive Realm and tugged on the connection to her Physical Self. Using a link between the three realms, she tugged the Spirit through the Cognitive to Physical.

(Note: All Realmatics are 100% Not Cannon and mere speculation on how the realms could be used.)

Moonlight watched as the projection of Winter faded away. Well I shure hope she knows what she's doing. I don't trust the Ally to hold true to their word and not attack us. We need to attack now, but Winter is alpha, so I should probably should follow her. He turned and faced the pack of wolves he had called, not wanting to send them away, just in case the Dark Ally decided to attack. After a moment of consideration, he decided to tell them that they could go back to their homes.

He took a deep breath, and let out a, bark-like howl, telling them to go home. Some left immediately after but most waited for awhile before turning tail and leaving. I'm both sad and released that we didn't go to war. The wolf thought to himself. Might have been fun.

Morphing back into a dragon he asked "Now what are we supposed to do?"

A black dragon slinked in the shadows on a hill not far away from the cave of the wolves. Fire danced in the black dragon's eyes. Amidst the group of wolves, a silver wolf prowled. "He looks like the leader", the black dragon thought. As the dragon thought this the silver wolf changed into a full fledged silver dragon. The black dragon gasped, "I found him, I found him", than after a moment, "He is the leader of THE PACK OF THE COSMERE?????!!!" 

Screwloose frowned. He didn't quite trust the projection of winter but without the assistance of the Pack he had no chance of taking on the Dark Alley. Still if what the panda had said was true then he wouldn't have to, he could find out the truth soon enough.

"We stand down and bide our time for now. If Winter is safe then there's no need to go stirring up a hornets nest to get her back. If we find out its a trick then we can attack."

Screwloose fastened the communicator around Silver's neck. "Keep this on regardless, It'll be useful if we can stay in touch."

Screwloose reclined in his seat, chewing on a piece of jerky. He could see now how Aurelios had gotten through so much of the stuff, it was rather addictive. Very little had changed since Winter's message and the boredom was beginning to drive him insane. Well more insane at any rate. He almost wished he'd accepted the offer of Wolf form, at least then he would have been able to run about outside. But no, he wasn't ready to go back to that kind of life, not yet anyway. Even if he'd wanted to he wouldn't have been able to accept it without first giving up his Epic abilities.

Screwloose sighed, looking at the monitors for the umpteenth time that day. Still no changes. It couldn't hurt to take a little time off from this, could it? Screwloose decided. Standing he switched his goggles for a pair of sunglasses and his overalls for a hoodie. Perfect. No one would suspect a thing. Humming he entered the main cavern. It was time to go get some fresh air.

And thus begins Screwloose's day off. 

Moonlight lay sprawled on the cave's floor, waiting for something to happen. The excitement from the almost war with the Dark Ally had faded away and now he was left to sit and wait for something to come up. He had almost nodded off to sleep when he hear the soft sound of wolf paws, padding quietly towards him. Who the sparks could that be. He wondered to himself, but he was too lazy to look.  All of a sudden he felt something crash into his back, and then something else hit him from the other side. He sprang up, and lashed out at his attackers, but stopped short when he saw them. They were two wolf pups, one a dark black, and the other a brilliant gold. 

"Where did you come from," he barked at them.

First part of the two newest members of the pack. I will write some more, but right now I'm off to finish some calculus homework.