The Pack of the Cosmere

"Different is...one way to put it," Twilight- or rather, Star- said, frowning. "Besides the fact that it's real at all, which obviously I wasn't completely sold on. It feels very...strange. I thought it would be tough getting used to everything, but it's not. I know everything is new, since I definitely didn't have such a good sense of smell before...but it doesn't feel new. It doesn't feel like zi'm a pony pretending to be a wolf; it feels like I am a wolf. That zi've always been a wolf. Is that normal? Should I be making notes on this?"

"Well, so long as I don't start thinking I am and always have been a wolf and never want to be a pony again, right?"

She laughed, but there was a sudden note in it; a high-pitched squeal of mounting hysteria.

"I mean, that would be crazy right, and you definitely don't ever feel like just staying as a wolf all the time or anything, right? Right?!"

Internally, Star started to mentally hit herself for not considering the possibility of cross-species identity issues.

...case in point with thinking of herself as Star. That couldn't be a good sign.

"So, er...changing back? Just think pony?"

Edited by Quiver

"Well, that's reassuring," Star answered, heaving a sigh. She was about to do just that- focus on becoming Twilight again- but...

...well. This was a fairly unique experience. Turning back after on,y about a minute would be a waste, wouldn't it?

So instead, she sat on the floor, her paws folding neatly - and naturally- beneath her.

"So...are there any rules I should be aware of on how this form works?"

Not getting to be a wolf? It was the instincts talking, of course, but Star balked at that. While Winter spoke, the was-pony fumbled with her pen and pad. One upside to unicorns was definitely their magic ability, but Twilight had learned to write before she learned telekinesis...

...except a wolfs jaw was apparently not as well-suited to penmanship as a ponies. She growled- a little part of her jumped with excitement at the noise- before pushing the pad away. She knew all the major discoveries made by Starswirl, and could recite them by order of occurrence, importance to magical understanding,nor alphabetically. She could remember what Winter was saying without writing it down.

"Okay," she said, nodding. "I have a lot more questions about how this works;- can you only do wolves, for instance- but I have to ask...what is it you do all day? Just lie around being wolves?"

As the man named Vikro saw the cave entrance, he wondered if it was related to the loud flapping he had heard earlier. He walked into the cave, and noticed a man standing with two wolves. He prepared to run, but noticed that they seemed to be speaking to each other. He stepped closer hearing that they were talking about some sort of pack, and something about wolfkind. He realized that he might be able to escape the meaningless life he had, and become even something more. He walked in, tentatively asking what seemed to be the leader "might I become one of these wolfkind?"

The Lurker from the Dark Alley watched the tree in silence as the Panda spied upon the wolfkind.

First they make inferior copies of our goods now they're spying on our experiments. No good shall come of these pandas.

The lurker continued his watch, Voidus and the other leaders of the Dark Alley would want to know about this.

PLOP!! The Panda falls out of the tree with an embarrassing and rather squishy thud. He looks around, naturally assuming that his cover has been blown. But he quickly realizes that Winter is engrossed with her new thrall and the man named Vikro. He stealthily climbs back into the tree, pops the top of an A&W, unwraps a bamboo cookie, and resumes his observation.

Two hours later, a gremlin howling in his stomach, the Panda furtively leaves and travels to Newcago.

Edited by inexorablePanda

Screwloose smiled and hit eject on the CCTV recorder. He boxed  the disk with footage of the the panda and dark alley lackey sneaking about and rose from his seat, striding from his lab to deposit it in a box marked "For Winter's attention". 

"I knew installing better security measures was a good idea. Even wolf-kind can't see everything at once, but a few cameras and a recording system can pretty much cover the entire forest."

Star frowned in response to the dragon's words, but before she could respond some...thing entered the cave. The grey-purple wold blinked, trying not to stare. It was just another human, after all... but she couldn't suppress the interesting notion that humans seemed different than they had when she was a pony.

Instead, she said nothing. Instead, her ears pricked up when he requested joining. Without thinking, she began smiling, and her tail wagged excitedly.

Which was a totally normal reaction, after all. She had turned into a wolf; there was a certain- scientific- curiosity in seeing how the experience worked from the other, wolf side of things.

And there was a glee in expanding the pack, of course.

Knave?... Why art thou rp as a wolf named star? Sounds like someone failed to name their city fully.

Hah! I don't know if it's funnier that you remember that old nickname, or how obscure it is to newer members!

Anyway...because I was RPing one of the Twilight Continuum who decided to experiment with wolf form. So she took a wolf name, so... Star that Shines between Sun and Moon.

IE: a star sparkling at Twilight. Twilight Soarkle.

A light from the console in the corner caught Screwloose's attention. One of the tracking devices he'd slipped onto various pack members had been picked up well outside it's usual range.

"Who on earth decided to travel all the way to the roughs?" *Checks whos transmitter it is* "Of course, its Winter, why would I ever think otherwise."

Screwloose operated the console, activating the trackers sound function. Fighting could be heard along with a few familiar voices, Winters among them.

"I wondered what was so important that she left her pack alone." Screwloose grinned "Still that does sound like fun, and it would be a shame to let such a useful research opportunity go to waste."

Screwloose got up and began filling pouches with gunpowder, Silver and Aluminum ingots and assorted other materials and components. From his safe he took two transport devices and a metal cylinder attached to a motivator. After leaving a note in the main cavern notifying the rest of the pack what was going on he left the cave. A few minutes later a large explosion could be heard from outside.