The Pack of the Cosmere

Queen Elsa walked toward the wolf cave, wishing to speak to Winter. However, one of the people she saw there, didn't make her too happy.

"Well. Well. Well. Knave Quiver the traitor. It's been a while." She said through gritted teeth.

"Winter, I wouldn't let him into your guild if I were you."

• 4 weeks later...

Feathers rained from the sky, killing whatever they touched in a heartbeat. In the middle of the burning town He watched on in horror as She unfurled her wings. She had been their protector, but now even Dove's wings were stained red by calamity. From the skies she looked down at him, all trace of humanity gone from her eyes, and smiled.

YOU FAILED TO DESTROY THE ANOMALY. ALL THIS SHALL PASS ONCE MORE.

Screwloose awoke with a start. The nightmares had come, as they always did. He sat up, wincing. Someone had bandaged his wounds and brought him back to the cavern after the war with the Parshendi. Why had they bothered after what he'd done? Staggering over to his desk he removed a spare pair of goggles, fastening them over his eyes. The effects of his powers had clearly worn off, the guilt he now felt proved that, but he didn't want to risk a relapse. Pulling on a clean set of overalls Screwloose limped out in search of the others.

"Screwloose." Winter said, her voice cold as she recognized the figure. "So. You're awake." She was angry. I thought you said you could control yourself. Winter thought, bitter. She didn't trust just anyone. Not after the Dark Alley incident. And... well, maybe she should've learned from that. She wasn't at odds with the Dark Alley anymore. That was dangerous. Though maybe if they get me a few more abilities, I won't need them anymore and I can finally let myself be.

"Yeah, I am" said Screwloose, looking around awkwardly "Listen Winter about what happened.. I'm sorry. Normally these" He gestured to his goggles "keep me from going too far but they got damaged in the fight. Still that's not really an excuse for attacking you."

Screwloose handed an envelope to Winter, looking away as she glanced inside. Contained within was a white feather, its edges slightly burnt.  "You're my leader, and the closest thing to a friend I have left, so I want you to have this in case I loose myself again.  I'm sure you know how it works. Just be careful with it, it's the last one left."

Edited by Screwloose

"I'm an Epic who thinks like a Reckoner. Someone who watched his best friend lose themselves to their own power and destroy everything they aimed to protect. I've hunted down Epic after Epic to keep it from happening again, building weapons to fight them along the way. And then I nearly went and did it myself."

Screwloose smirked "As it turns out though the Epics were nothing compared to the Shardblessed. At least Calamity never intervenes directly."

Is there a Canon term for Investiture users other than Investiture users?