Sorry everyone, couldn't check a lot due to IRL issues, which is also why I have no plan whatsoever. I don't think this will go as badly as the ones before, though, I had time a few days ago, and I analyzed some older games, so I won't make those rookie mistakes I used to make again.

I don't like voting with little to no information, so no vote for now.

Edit: Did HTML stuff yesterday, and I'm now on mobile, so I accidentally used the HTML color tag instead of .

Edited by Jasnah Damodred

I'm tempted to let this play out, since you're effectively claiming Wit and are trying to make Reihmer lose his role if he has one. That's the only reason I can see for this. 

Instead, I'll vote Damon to block you, as I think you're going for the secondary win condition for Wit, but I'm going to keep a close eye on this all the same.

Edited by Metacognition

After hearing both sides, I'm inclined to support Meta's plan. The lighteyes' target essentially becomes a safe place to store the extra vote; they don't really get extra power or influence.

The issue that hasn't been addressed is how (and when) to choose the target. If we need to spend time debating it each cycle, then we lose either time for discussion (increasing the chance our target would otherwise have come under reasonable suspicion), or time for the lighteyes to get their votes in (increasing the chance for shenanigans or non-votes, potentially making the whole exercise pointless). I considered suggesting a preset semi-random system, to take the politics out, but that would lose the flexibility.

How would we choose - acclamation, tertiary public vote, first to call?

No, I just thought you should know by now that I hate ostensible poke votes that don't actually move. Reihmer put what was ostensibly a poke vote on me. Fine. I gave him activity. However, his poke vote was not responsive to my actions.

I've certainly done that in the past as an Eliminator.

So I'm very annoyed and calling him out on it. If he doesn't budge his vote, mine won't move. Sod that. Let's see how much he wants to gamble with the 1/19th chance that I am actually Wit.

Edited to add: And of course if he's Wit, putting a vote on him to see why he's not being responsive to evidence and therefore not actually putting a proper poke vote is just going to play into his hands. So no. I'm not going to do that. To reiterate: either it is a poke vote, in which case I'd like a retraction, as I've clearly responded, or it isn't a poke vote, in which case I would like to hear the reasons for the vote in the first place, as well as the reasons my posting hasn't been satisfactory. Either condition being fulfilled by Ren will be sufficient for me to remove my vote.

Edited by Kasimir

...Doesn't the cycle end in 12 more hours? Because my impression was, it's 48 hours and it started at 4am my time. It's almost 4pm my time now.

Edit: On a less irate note, I'd like to confirm if we Lighteyes are on board with the plan to toss our secret votes onto Meta, at least for this cycle.

Edited by Kasimir

There are indeed 10 hours left in the Cycle :P

More clarifications:

• Actions that affect a player that can be seen by a Watchman are Role abilities, Shardblade kills, and Sabotages. This is regardless of whether or not they die in the battle, or if they are saved by a Guardsman etc.
  • Surgeon Roles will save someone before the Guardsman is needed. If two Guardsman protect the same person, then one is randomly selected to save them.
  • The order of actions is Officers, Scout, Watchman, Surgeon, Guardsmen, Sabotages, Squad Leader, Votes (including Lighteyed Vote), Shardblades, Messenger, Lynches, Lighteyed Combat-skip, Combat. Note that a Watchman can see the Officer roleblocking still, it's just that Watchmen can be roleblocked by them first.
  • A Scout cannot be Sabotaged when they use their ability. It does not count as skipping a Combat.
  • A Spy who kills the Wit via Sabotage loses nothing. A Spy that first-votes for the Wit will lose their Role, and if they are Lighteyed, they become Darkeyed and can be targeted by Squad Leaders or Officers, and they cannot use the Lighteyed vote or skip a battle. They will however retain their doc access and their ability to Sabotage.
  • If a Shardbearer kills the Wit, then they will also be treated as Darkeyed Spearman, despite keeping their Shardblade.
  • Players Sabotaged during a Highstorm are carried through to the next Combat's list. Very dangerous if it happens to be a Battle the next Cycle :P.
  • If Scouts use their Role on a Cycle they would be lynched, then it is indeed impossible to save them.
  • If a player is both lynched and chosen from the possible-kill list in the same Cycle, then they will need two layers of protection to save them. The same is true of someone who is on the kill list multiple times during a Battle. Each 'death' uses up a protection attempt.
  • Spies have an Eliminator doc per pair, and they do not know the identity of the other teams. When a Spy dies, their Spanreed will be randomly distributed to a player. The Spy and that player can then send messages through a new doc to each other, anonymously. It is possible for that player to be another Spy, or even to be the teammate themselves. It's not as if Dalinar knows who the Spies are :P.
Edited by Wyrmhero

Oh yeah, forgot to do that earlier. :P   Kaddar.

Sorry about that, I was planning on removing my vote last night, but I ended up having to stay up really late to write an essay.  On that note, I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have available the next few days, so keep that in mind.

I'm on board with the lighteyes vote plan. Meta today, and then we can choose someone else tomorrow once we have an idea who's on the chopping block. I'll send in that vote right now, but I'll be on a computer the rest of the day, so I'll periodically check back in (as per usual) to see if it's been changed.

Hey guys, I've been sitting back a bit while I get used to the games again since I've been out of the loop for a while. I would have to agree with Meta's plan as well. I feel as if we may be limiting ourselves, but it's better than giving the Spies a chance to swing the vote.

I will also retract my vote on
Jost, seeing as how it was more of a vote in jest. :)

Week 2

Within Dalinar's tent, only two things could be heard. First, the monotonous ticking of the clever little mechanical timepiece that his Ardents had created, set off to the side of the room. The second was the Blackthorn himself, as he paced up and down, half-walking and half-stomping. None of his Brightlords said anything, none of them wanting to be the one to stop him and risk his wrath for such a minor thing.

Thankfully, Dalinar grew tired of his pacing and turned to them of his own accord. "Nothing?"

"We have our suspicions, sir," Brightlord Jost started, "but nothing particularly useful, admittedly."

"Was anyone at least unhelpful? Did anyone refuse to talk?" At least if that happened, they might have a starting point, weak link in the chain to break.

"Sir, why would a Darkeyed soldier refuse to talk to their superiors? We would have them executed for insubordination."

"That's true," Dalinar nodded. "I suppose I was hoping this would be easier than it is turning out to be." He sighed. "I want to speak with you all alone, after this," he said. "For now, we should go back over Brightlord Jain's plans for the harrying of Prince Vamah's supply chain. Lady Kenara, I believe you have the list of the resistance that we should expect from the bodyguard."

"Yes sir," Kenara replied, as she stood up to relay the scouts' estimations.

Horneaters hated war. It wasn't a particularly well-known fact here in the lands of the Alethi, but they had never really concerned themselves with learning about other cultures. Particularly not their lower class, the Darkeyes. They would probably find it rather amusing that they regarded the spear as more honourable than the sword, though still somewhat abhorrent all the same.

Wok would be the first to admit that her status here was somewhat strange, being what they would call Darkeyed, and yet still socially rather high up. It was an alien idea to these people, that eye colour had no bearing on social status, and she'd had to correct people who made assumptions quite a number of times.

Technically, she was a diplomat, in the care of Gavilar until her father recalled her. As the daughter of a king, what else could she be when coming to another country like this? Her father was willing to bet on Gavilar in this war, and so she was his gift to the ferocious Blackthorn. She worked for him as an attendant and scribe, though she was never allowed to see anything in too much detail, just in case.

All this talk of Spies in the army was making her uncomfortable. She was pretty sure she qualified as a spy, though she didn't intend Dalinar or his army any harm. She was just here to report to her father, nothing more. She paused in her writing, listening to the sounds from outside her tent. Poking her head out, she watched for a short while as a small portion of the army headed off.

She thought back to a few weeks previous. Yes, this was the sort of number that Dalinar used in raids. Enough to be quick and do some heavy damage to a lightly defended area, but not enough that they would be easily spotted. Her father would approve, as it reduced the amount of actual fighting that needed to be done.

She retreated back into her tent, and picked up her Spanreed again to continue her message, apologising first of all for her delay. She was distracted enough that the first hint she felt of an intruder was the knife at her neck.

"Horneaters should stay out of our business." There was a brief, sharp moment of pain, and then she couldn't feel any more.

As she lay dying, eyes slowly unfocusing as her life bled away, her assassin knelt down and picked up the Spanreed. She tried to say something, but that just brought the pain back in a flash of white.

"Prince... Dalinar... apologises... for the loss... of your daughter..." the man muttered to himself as he wrote. In her dazed state, for some reason Wok took note of the fact that he seemed to dislike what he was doing. Was it better that her killer didn't want to do it?

She realised a little later that it was because he was writing. She tried to laugh a little at the absurdity of him finding writing to be more immoral than murder, but all that escaped her was a rasp and more blood. It became harder for her to keep her eyes open, and eventually she just stopped trying.

The man took a little longer to finish his writing, and only then did he look to her. He kicked Wok's body over so that she was lying face up. He knelt down once more to check she was dead. Satisfied that she was, he snapped the Spanreed in half, dropped it onto her body, and left the tent.

Wok (1): Jost Joslin
Jain (1): Aonaran Faialen
Eoldren (1): Marand
Damon Shan (1): Odsa
Meller (1): Dalinar

No-one was lynched.
Wok was a Messenger, loyal to Dalinar.

At the end of the week, there will be a Battle against Prince Aladar.

The Cycle will end at 8PM on Thursday, GMT.

Player List
Darkeyes:
Damon Shan, Worldhopper [Jasnah Damodred]
Norlav, a mercenary drafted by the Blackthorn [Alvron]
Wok, a Horneater princess serving the Blackthorn [Ashiok]
Reihmer, a bad ketek poet [Renegade]
Newan, a failed (and failing) Envisager [Newan]
Odysa of Shao, a former-assassin turned mercenary [Winter Cloud]
Karlin, a Jah Keved Purelaker [surgebound Rainspren]
Aonaran Faialen, a wannabe musician [Aonar Faileas]
Marand, no further description [Mailliw73]
Mek, a defector from Highprince Yenev's army [mckeedee123]
Alinel Lenia, Horneater exile, second son [Araris Valerian]
Torwel, reluctant conscript, wants ale [twelfthrootoftwo]
Eoldren, guy with a sweet tooth and a grudge [Eolhondras]
Meller, a bridge builder for the Blackthorn [Metacognition]
Tal, an enthusiastic young recruit [luckat]

Lighteyes:
Kaddar, a one-eyed veteran spearman with a fondness for riddles. [Kasimir]
Kenara, a scribe for the Blackthorn [little wilson]
Jain, a possibly-resurrected Shin traveller with a panda [Lightsworn Panda]
Jost Joslin, a soldier who never had a Shardblade [The Only Joe]
Ace, a guy with an oversized mallet and a talisman [Macen]

Another minor clarification: Darkeyes will be informed when they have been roleblocked by an Officer.

Edited by Alvron

Well, immediate thoughts: a battle will at least give us some suggestion of how many Eliminator teams we're facing. Since all of their sabotages turn into kills during a battle. Sure, protection action might suggest that there's one or two more Eliminator teams than expected, but it'll still be a good place to guess from. We have that going for us, at least. I was going to suggest one other possibility is that we can count the number of Highprinces mentioned--the actual number of Eliminator teams is likely to lie between the Battle Deaths (excluding the lynch--since all Eliminator Teams get their kill in a battle) and the total number of Highprinces that aren't Dalinar, since Spies are, by definition, loyal to another Highprince. It's not exact, but it's a way of looking to see how well our guesses so far are working.

And it seems our mobilisation of the Lighteyes vote is going well so far, at least, seeing as the vote went onto Meta.

Ace walked towards the tent muttering under his breath.

"MAce, this is bad news - a foreign dignitary getting killed in our camp under our noses? The Blackthorn is going to want someone's blood for this. Perhaps we should look a little harder into who these spies are... You are worried about me? I'm pretty sure the medallion will protect me if one of those chull-brained spies comes for me anyways."

Ace looked up to see Brightlord Jost step out of the tent with a look of contempt on his face directed towards Ace.

"I know MAce, I don't really like him much either."

Well this is bad news guys. I'm hoping we have more than 1 messenger around to be able to get some conversations going. Great write-up by the way Wyrm, I like how you incorporated her character. :)

*EDIT* Btw, I'm playing MAce kind of as an awakened hammer? I dunno - just thought it would be fun. ;)

Edited by Macen

Well, the lighteyes vote is working thus far. We'll see how well it works when we lose a few lighteyes.

That's a good point about the battle. However, I think we're told if someone's saved by a Surgeon or a Guardsman, though. So we should have a pretty decent guess of how many teams there are almost no matter what happens.

I'm confused about something though. Why Ash? He posted once, and he was only asking a bunch of questions (and those questions didn't even immediately point to him being the messenger, although there was a decent chance he was). I don't see what the point was. Even if they thought he was the messenger, PMs are so limited that they're not even really an issue for the eliminators at all, or they shouldn't be. And if they didn't target him for his possible role, then that's even more confusing. He said practically nothing.....which I guess tells us that at least one of the spy teams isn't playing things cautiously. They don't care if they take out other spies.

I have three main suspects right now. All three are low to medium suspicion though, so nothing high. Kas, Odysa, and Macen. But I'm not going to vote on any of the three yet. I want to hear chatter first.

I have three main suspects right now. All three are low to medium suspicion though, so nothing high. Kas, Odysa, and Macen. But I'm not going to vote on any of the three yet. I want to hear chatter first.

Why, me? I am indeed a Spy. Curses--I have been unmasked! Let thy arrows fly!

...After all, would I lie to you? Me? :P

So is one darkeyes guaranteed to get a shardblade in the upcoming battle?

Sorry I haven't been so helpful with the strategizing and stuff.  I had a lot to catch up to and I... skimmed it.  So I don't deeply, truly understand what's going on.  

But in my defense, both times I have played a large part in the strategy, I only ended up helping the eliminators.  Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should do, or should I just wait continue to lie low and wait for a balderdash to fall in my lap?

Edited by Newan

Why, me? I am indeed a Spy. Curses--I have been unmasked! Let thy arrows fly!

...After all, would I lie to you? Me? :P

You're trolling me right now. You're not as good as Aonar, though. Sorry. :P

Why you? Mostly because the other day you were talking about some strategy thing--can't remember what specifically--and you said in a parenthetical comment that "obviously I know I'm not a spy," and that statement just struck me as being very similar to when Maill and I were joking in the baron doc about how we're obviously not barons. Additionally, saying outright that you're not a evil seems like a rather heavy-handed way of getting people to believe that you're not evil. Making comments that strongly indicate your innocent alignment is one thing. Stating outright? That's something else. And it strikes me as suspicious. You are the lowest of my suspicions, if it makes you feel any better.

I am hurt, deeply hurt, I tell you, that you would insinuate that I would troll you! Surely not, my honour forfend! Naturally, I would not presume to a level of trolling that you or Aonar achieve. I am not a master, by any means. :P

Well, I just thought it would be fair to note that, since I didn't exactly want someone to jump on that and go 'aha you've included yourself in the suspect pool!' Nothing major--I obviously did that in MR3 too--oh wait, that's not helping, is it? :P Well, I just like to cover all my bases, really. I suppose it's just a product of training in a discipline where you want to rule out possible uncharitable readings of what you've said. Nothing more to it.

I can see why you would be suspicious though. I'm a rather suspicious character. Why, I wouldn't trust me if I met me in a game like this. No, absolutely not.

Indeed, good Master Macen, I stand corrected. :P

Edited by Kasimir

Haha, thank you sir.

Wilson, I am curious as to why I'm a suspect. I understand that at this point in the game most suspicions are vague at best, but I'm still curious.

I have my suspicions as well. But, I have no fact to ground them in - just gut feelings.

*EDIT* Color, it never saves as blue... I always have to edit it.

Edited by Macen