Natanaj

26 members have voted

1. 1. Aang vs. Kelsier

2. 2. Vin vs. Kora

3. 3. Aang vs. Eland Venture

Avatar, in every match up, fairly decisively.

Oh fine, I'll concede; depending on at what point this match ups occur could affect the outcome. For instance, if the Aang Kelsier is fighting is from Book One, meaning all he has is Airbending and maybe Waterbending (but virtually nothing with regards Avatar state) Kelsier... might stand a chance. Maybe.

The big advantage Mistborn characters have over the Avatar's is a willingness to kill, though that might only really be an Aang-centric weakness. Korra has never exactly demonstrated a bloodlust comparable to Kelsier, but if she went up against Ozai, I doubt she would have spent a few episodes trying to find a different way.

(For the record, I find Korra a much more interesting character than Aang, I just don't think she shares the air nomad/Batman philosophy of "No killing").

If the Avatars have full mastery of the elements and access to the Avatar state? They win. Full control over the Avatar State, alá Season Two Korra, and (presumably) Pre-Korra Aang turns this into a blood bath, only limited by the fact that the Avatars (probably) won't be going for the kill, and might ty just energybending the allomancy out of the mistborns.

After all... however good the mistborns are- with the exception of Vin- they are working on fairly limited resources. The Avatar has infinite resources, in the form of the surrounding elements (or even just creating it, alá Firebending). Unless the mistborns get very lucky and get the drop on the Avatars, I find it kind of difficult to imagine a scenario where they win.

I think we need to factor in Duralumin and atium. Sure the Avatars have unlimited resources but its not like Mistborn don't carry enough metals around with them to keep going for a while

I think Aang would beat Elend, although Elend is more powerful than both Vin and Kelsier he is untrained and inexperienced.

I think Kelsier would beat Aang because he would recognise how powerful Aang is and go for the killing blow. A simple Duralumin enhanced Steel pushed coin would end the fight. it is so small and would travel so fast, especially at close range, that there would be nothing Aang could do. (could Aang metal bend? i dont think it would make much of a difference but it could).

I reckon Vin would Beat Korra for similar reasons above.

In regards to the Avatar State i think they could both be Soothed/Rioted out of it, especially if it is enhanced with Duralumin.

Now look at Atium. they would literally be able to tell if they were going to make fire, explode the rock beneath them ect. and then react accordingly.

In Hand to Hand the Avatars are dangerous for sure, but Pewter would just make it so hard for the Avatar to get an advantage. 

I agree with Connor, Elend would likely lose because he was a mistborn for less than a year. And if they got close a duralumin boosted pewter punch to the face would end it quickly. It all depends on if they each know what they're up against to start with.

• 3 weeks later...

It would depend a LOT on the staging of the fight.  For instance, if the fight starts at close quarters, duralumin + pretty much anything would be able to one shot the avatar rather decisively.

If the avatar has metalbending, though, I'd give the fight to them with almost no reservations as they could pull a TLR and bend the metals in an allomancers body.

Bending has a lot more raw force to it and can win in a drawn out fight, however, allomancy has more diverse applications and powers.  Tin and pewter add a level of physical prowess such that in a hand to hand contest the allomancer wins.  Iron and steel (again, depending on staging) offer an extreme amount of mobility that only a natural airbender could rival.  Zinc and brass allow for a whole new dynamic of emotional manipulation.  Copper and Bronze (assuming that bronze can track bending) would be important in a more crowded environment, say the middle of a big city.

Overall, Mistborn have a lot of tricks and counters that could end the fight quickly, but if the avatar can get around those and keep the mistborn at a distance, they'll be able to pull out a win.