Notes: Those who have met Voidgaze have described the experience as "surprisingly pleasant." I tend to think she threatened them into saying that, to more easily lure victims to her clutches. 

Oh, right. I'm still not sure how I feel about this.  :unsure:

Edit: I am a fan of Lucentia's glasses. Though I think she'd wear gold or silver frames, instead of brown ones. 

And prejeduces like this are why Voidgaze had to go without friends for so long. Shame on you, David, what was that about good Epics you started talking about?

You could be happy for Kobod. Soon he won´t be the only heretic around.

silver frames sound right, I´ll look into that.

Steelheart tells us that David's father wore a comic book t-shirt on that fateful day in the bank.

That wasn't entirely accurate.

20-cooler.jpg

That would explain his unwavering belief in good Epics.

I confess I teared up during that scene. The comic book fan, murdered by the very man he thought a hero—that was enough to send Steelheart into Complete Monster territory. 

But murdering a brony, who only wanted to make Chicago 20% cooler and thought Steelheart was the man for the job? If there is something beyond Complete Monster, that is where Steelheart is. 

He´s somewhere slightly below Nighthound I would say.

I confess I teared up during that scene. The comic book fan, murdered by the very man he thought a hero—that was enough to send Steelheart into Complete Monster territory. 

But murdering a brony, who only wanted to make Chicago 20% cooler and thought Steelheart was the man for the job? If there is something beyond Complete Monster, that is where Steelheart is. 

I'm with you all the way. Steelheart had one of the most emotionally affecting prologues I've ever seen.

You could be happy for Kobod. Soon he won´t be the only heretic around.

...Yay! We can be heresy-buddies! :P

(Give me the details on that guy, Kobold.)

Quota: an evil Soother whose life ambition is making others miserable. He likes pushing others to suicidal depression while drinking lattes.

It horrifically turned the old rise-of-heroes comic book opening on its head with the cruelest Kick the Dog moment I've read in a while.

Yay heresy? :unsure::P

If there's one thing Brandon Sanderson is good at, it's subverting tropes. You should read Warbreaker. I genuinely sat for a few minutes in silence after reading it, overwhelmed by how many surprises and subverted audience expectations I'd just experienced.

I wonder what would happen if forum policy mandated that anyone who passed Brandon Sanderson in rep had to write an equal number of epic fantasy novels. :P

Quota: an evil Soother whose life ambition is making others miserable. He likes pushing others to suicidal depression while drinking lattes.

If there's one thing Brandon Sanderson is good at, it's subverting tropes. You should read Warbreaker. I genuinely sat for a few minutes in silence after reading it, overwhelmed by how many surprises and subverted audience expectations I'd just experienced.

I wonder what would happen if forum policy mandated that anyone who passed Brandon Sanderson in rep had to write an equal number of epic fantasy novels. :P

That sounds about right. :P

There are so many Sanderson books I want to read, and I will when I have more time. Warbreaker is near the top of the list.

I'm working on it! :P I have my WIP, which I plan to resume soon and title at some point, and an idea for another world that I will flesh out once I finish my WIP and I feel like my writing skills are a bit better.

You pass this one. ;)

Warbreaker, absolutely awesome and fabulous, also it´s for free on Brandons website, so no one has an excuse not to read it. I would gush about how awesome it is but as Kobold said, high spoiler potential.

You would be very bussy writing Epic fantasy novels instead of either the next Lightwards or Backtrack segment? What would you write such a mandatory book about? (I have a couple of ideas should someone force me, including my own Shardworld design... although First of the Sun is kinda similar in the idea of an island world... that´s more or less where the similarities end, tough. No idea why I brought this up.)

I'm working on it! :P I have my WIP, which I plan to resume soon and title at some point, and an idea for another world that I will flesh out once I finish my WIP and I feel like my writing skills are a bit better.

Even better than now?

Edited by Edgedancer

That sounds about right. :P

There are so many Sanderson books I want to read, and I will when I have more time. Warbreaker is near the top of the list.

Warbreaker is made of awesome. Brilliant worldbuilding, fully realized paths of character development, a colorful magic system, and witty banter between living demigods. If Steelheart is amazing, then Warbreaker is incredimazible. :D

I've had two settings existing in my head for a while now: a fantasy setting and a science fiction setting. Yesterday I had an idea for how to merge the two together into an epic science-fantasy universe, which excites me to no end. :)

Woah... So much activity in the space of a few hours... I see why you filled up 3 Question threads.  <_< Thanks for the welcomes!  :D

Here's my finished character. I'll also post this in Epics of Oregon.

Name: The Panda

Appearance: Panda appears to be literally a panda. He isn't just wearing a suit. He's got every detail of a panda, down to every strand of fur.

Main Power: Organic Manipulation

Panda can alter biological matter. Panda can alter someone's biological matter without skin/fur contact, but he prefers to have that contact, as it's much faster and requires less concentration. Obviously, this power doesn't work on Epics without their consent, except for himself. Since he can alter organic matter, he can as a result clone biological matter, enhance or change (or cripple) someone's biological body, and even bestow higher sentience on something like a plant or animal, although that takes up a fair bit of stamina.

And yes, he can change people into pandas with this power. Or clone and bestow higher sentience on pandas.

Secondary Power: Yet to be revealed.

History: Sebastian was never really into pandas. His job was a scientific researcher specializing in biology, and so was brought in to research the Epics when the Epics and Calamity came. However, one night, he was visited by a vision of a radiant panda, and learnt of his Epic power. The vision tasked him into finding a land where pandas could thrive and live in almost-peace, and since then the Panda has devote to his task. He even changed himself into a panda, albeit one with human intelligence and very enhanced physical abilities.

I intend to have the panda appear in the Dalles with an army of (semi-sentient) pandas, and attempt to conquer the city to create a new land for the pandas to settle in. Any objections?  :D

Oh, and I AM NOT PONIFYING MY LIGHTSWORN PANDA. (cough). If mail-mi doesn't have to, then I don't. :P

Panda

Name: The Panda

Appearance: Panda appears to be literally a panda. He isn't just wearing a suit. He's got every detail of a panda, down to every strand of fur.

Panda can alter biological matter. Panda can alter someone's biological matter without skin/fur contact, but he prefers to have that contact, as it's much faster and requires less concentration. Obviously, this power doesn't work on Epics without their consent, except for himself. Since he can alter organic matter, he can as a result clone biological matter, enhance or change (or cripple) someone's biological body, and even bestow higher sentience on something like a plant or animal, although that takes up a fair bit of stamina.

And yes, he can change people into pandas with this power. Or clone and bestow higher sentience on pandas.

Secondary Power: Yet to be revealed.

History: Sebastian was never really into pandas. His job was a scientific researcher specializing in biology, and so was brought in to research the Epics when the Epics and Calamity came. However, one night, he was visited by a vision of a radiant panda, and learnt of his Epic power. The vision tasked him into finding a land where pandas could thrive and live in almost-peace, and since then the Panda has devote to his task. He even changed himself into a panda, albeit one with human intelligence and very enhanced physical abilities.

This one of the wackiest Epics I've seen yet. By "wackiest," I of course mean "this guy looks insanely awesome and I want to see him in action right away." :D

I for one would be perfectly happy with him launching an attack on The Dalles. He probably wouldn't succeed, at least not on his first try, but that could make for an awesome fight sequence that lets a lot of our Epic characters there show off their powers.

(Just because you haven't ponified him doesn't mean someone else won't give it a whirl. ;):P)

Oh, and I AM NOT PONIFYING MY LIGHTSWORN PANDA. (cough). If mail-mi doesn't have to, then I don't. :P

They will suck your character in, Panda. They've already got Timeport and Reader. It's only a matter of time before they do Mommy and BusDriver and Miner.

And the Panda. They will get him. I'm sorry  -_-

Woah... So much activity in the space of a few hours... I see why you filled up 3 Question threads. <_< Thanks for the welcomes! :D

Appearance: Panda appears to be literally a panda. He isn't just wearing a suit. He's got every detail of a panda, down to every strand of fur.

Main Power: Organic Manipulation

History: Sebastian was never really into pandas. His job was a scientific researcher specializing in biology, and so was brought in to research the Epics when the Epics and Calamity came. However, one night, he was visited by a vision of a radiant panda, and learnt of his Epic power. The vision tasked him into finding a land where pandas could thrive and live in almost-peace, and since then the Panda has devote to his task. He even changed himself into a panda, albeit one with human intelligence and very enhanced physical abilities.

I intend to have the panda appear in the Dalles with an army of (semi-sentient) pandas, and attempt to conquer the city to create a new land for the pandas to settle in. Any objections? :D

I love him already. :D He's strange and wacky and weird and AWESOME.

Although I do have a question, and it may be the most important one of all:

What is his opinion of the Kung Fu Panda movies? :D

Warbreaker is made of awesome. Brilliant worldbuilding, fully realized paths of character development, a colorful magic system, and witty banter between living demigods. If Steelheart is amazing, then Warbreaker is incredimazible. :D

I've had two settings existing in my head for a while now: a fantasy setting and a science fiction setting. Yesterday I had an idea for how to merge the two together into an epic science-fantasy universe, which excites me to no end. :)

I see what you did there. ;)

Wanna trade ideas? :ph34r: Actually, while my notes on it were lost with my old computer I think I once posted the basic concepts somwhere on this site, let me search for it.

Woah... So much activity in the space of a few hours... I see why you filled up 3 Question threads.  <_< Thanks for the welcomes!  :D

I intend to have the panda appear in the Dalles with an army of (semi-sentient) pandas, and attempt to conquer the city to create a new land for the pandas to settle in. Any objections?  :D

He´s pretty neat, and would have been a perfect fit for the whack brigade. Alas now he shall entertain us in the Dalles.

Now on to my nitpicker hat. :ph34r:

Can he transform other Epics with their consent, with clone do you mean replicate a limb or an actual sentient human clone and how deverse and fast can he make the alterations?

I´ll also be honest and say that I´m iffy on the secret secondary power.

He got ponies, he just doesn´t use them, the traitor. :angry::P

Edited by Edgedancer

...Go on. :D

It's an ordinary paperwork-filled day...until Vondra receives a report of an evil Panda army. Deciding he needs an aerial view to assess the threat, he goes up in a helicopter. While there, he sees the Panda do something reprehensible that prompts him to leap from the helicopter and confront the Panda directly. :D

It's an ordinary paperwork-filled day...until Vondra receives a report of an evil Panda army. Deciding he needs an aerial view to assess the threat, he goes up in a helicopter. While there, he sees the Panda do something reprehensible that prompts him to leap from the helicopter and confront the Panda directly. :D

Please tell me I'm not reacting seriously to what's meant to be a joke.

Because I want this to happen. :D

It's only a joke if nobody likes it, so it's not a joke. :D

Edit: I want to justify a good helicopter-jump. I like helicopter jumps and want to see more of them. :D

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

It's only a joke if nobody likes it, so it's not a joke. :D

Edit: I want to justify a good helicopter-jump. I like helicopter jumps and want to see more of them. :D

Helicopter-jumps are the bomb! :D *

* not necessarily suggesting that actual explosives be involved. Though they could be.

Also, mail-me's comment got me thinking.

Thinking of a Mommy Pony Mark I.

2aea794de1acd5eaf7e9e0fe919f5b0a.png

Open for criticism.

Rule number one, everything can turn into cannon, if it is liked enough.

Helicopter-jumps are the bomb! :D *

* not necessarily suggesting that actual explosives be involved. Though they could be.

Also, mail-me's comment got me thinking.

Thinking of a Mommy Pony Mark I.

2aea794de1acd5eaf7e9e0fe919f5b0a.png

Open for criticism.

What´s the landing strategy?

Not enough forced child labour. ;)

Now on to my nitpicker hat. :ph34r:

Can he transform other Epics with their consent, with clone do you mean replicate a limb or an actual sentient clone and how deverse and fast can he make the alterations?

I´ll also be honest and say that I´m iffy on the secret secondary power.

He got ponies, he just doesn´t use them, the traitor. :angry::P

Panda can transform other Epics with their consent, although they can't specify what they want changed. Examples of transformation are an extra arm/leg/eye/appendage, enhanced physical performance (like better eyesight and such) or even something that's not even human, like a exoskeleton/

By cloning, I mean both. Obviously, the sentient clone takes longer (about half a day or so). However, Panda managed to get and improve cloning machines from his labs, and can pump out scores of clones in one day. He really only needs to specify the genetic coding with his power on the clones he wants, then let the machines grow them.

Panda's alterations take varying amounts of time. Growing a new arm would take about a minute. Enhancing someone is a matter of seconds. Growing something complex or inhuman (and unpanderish) like an exoskeleton would take around a few minutes to a few hours, depending on how difficult it is, and if he's made one before. Panda can manage about 20 or so complex transformations a day before collapsing.

The secret secondary power isn't invincibility, I'll tell you that.  :lol:

I love him already. :D He's strange and wacky and weird and AWESOME.

Although I do have a question, and it may be the most important one of all:

What is his opinion of the Kung Fu Panda movies? :D

He believes they are a glorious film series, and as a result has educated all his panda soldiers in the art of panda kung fu. :P  

I hope Panda isn't too OP? I'll be making a RP post soon.

Also, YOU WILL NEVER PONIFY LIGHTSWORN PANDA! AHAHAHA!

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

Wanna trade ideas? :ph34r: Actually, while my notes on it were lost with my old computer I think I once posted the basic concepts somwhere on this site, let me search for it.

I found it. Reading over it again, as tired as I am, it seems a bit rambling at some points and it´s only the basic ideas but it serves to give an impression.

Panda can transform other Epics with their consent, although they can't specify what they want changed. Examples of transformation are an extra arm/leg/eye/appendage, enhanced physical performance (like better eyesight and such) or even something that's not even human, like a exoskeleton/

By cloning, I mean both. Obviously, the sentient clone takes longer (about half a day or so). However, Panda managed to get and improve cloning machines from his labs, and can pump out scores of clones in one day. He really only needs to specify the genetic coding with his power on the clones he wants, then let the machines grow them.

Panda's alterations take varying amounts of time. Growing a new arm would take about a minute. Enhancing someone is a matter of seconds. Growing something complex or inhuman (and unpanderish) like an exoskeleton would take around a few minutes to a few hours, depending on how difficult it is, and if he's made one before. Panda can manage about 20 or so complex transformations a day before collapsing.

The secret secondary power isn't invincibility, I'll tell you that.  :lol:

He has a cloning machine? Anything else out of the ordinary you might want to mention? :huh:

I´m not the one with authorithy here, so I won´t linger on it but I disaprove of keeping powers secret.

He seems all right to me, but if he seems OP to anyone, say so. But if you wouldn't mind PMing me his weakness and secondary just so I can make sure he's not too OP (I don't share weaknesses with anyone and won't spoil the surprise of that secondary),that'd be great.

Wouldn´t call him OP, even on the Dalles scale, given that he can´t just turn all the soildiers into pandas in a hurry before they shoot him but without knowing the secondary I can´t really say.

I found it. Reading over it again, as tired as I am, it seems a bit rambling at some points and it´s only the basic ideas but it serves to give an impression.

He has a cloning machine? Anything else out of the ordinary you might want to mention? :huh:

I´m not the one with authorithy here, so I won´t linger on it but I disaprove of keeping powers secret.

Wouldn´t call him OP, even on the Dalles scale, given that he can´t just turn all the soildiers into pandas in a hurry before they shoot him but without knowing the secondary I can´t really say.

Cool. I'll take a look at it. :) As I develop my worlds more I may start posting details about them to Creator's Corner.

I similarly have no authority, but I see nothing wrong with keeping powers secret. It's canon that plenty of Epics engage in such secrecy--Fortuity's enhanced physical reflexes were kept secret, after all. As long as his secondary isn't something insanely overpowered like "LOL he can blow up the universe," I have no objections.