All my character icons are hotlinked from Dump Your Photo.

Somewhat awkward question for TwiLyght--do you still have the Reader pony code? I forgot to save it to my code file last time you shared it with me. * embarrassed smiley *

I do, but it's on my computer at home. :/ I think I PM'd it to you, though, so maybe it's still there?

I do, but it's on my computer at home. :/ I think I PM'd it to you, though, so maybe it's still there?

I'll look. Thanks.

I want there to be an actual Question that destroys Oregon. Like some Epic asks it to the Protagonists, right before erupting Mt. Hood or something.

"Doctor... who?"

Funtimes only stuck her tongue out.

I'm not sure if it's there, or which one it'd be in, but I won't be home until late, so it might be faster. Maybe. :ph34r:

"Doctor Funtimes! Duh!" :P

Awesome, I found it. I'll do the fancy-smancy black and white image filtering first thing tomorrow.

Wait. If he existed in the Whoniverse, could Reader divine the Doctor's real name?  :blink:

Awesome, I found it. I'll do the fancy-smancy black and white image filtering first thing tomorrow.

Wait. If he existed in the Whoniverse, could Reader divine the Doctor's real name? :blink:

Of all the people to uncover his true name, of all the people he's loved and lost over the years...a slontze from The Dalles figures it out. :mellow:

(Those witch ladies in the Shakespeare episode, though. They just said his real name was "hidden," so maybe Reader couldn't get to it after all. He can't see weaknesses, so maybe the Doctor's name is like that?)

Of all the people to uncover his true name, of all the people he's loved and lost over the years...a slontze from The Dalles figures it out. :mellow:

(Those witch ladies in the Shakespeare episode, though. They just said his real name was "hidden," so maybe Reader couldn't get to it after all. He can't see weaknesses, so maybe the Doctor's name is like that?)

That's a good point. I wonder though... does that imply that the Doctor's real name is his weakness?

I wonder if that's a fundamental characteristic of how Reader's power works. I've been wondering for a while now why Reader is incapable of divining other Epics' weaknesses; obviously from a meta perspective this was done to nerf his abilities, but there must be an in-universe explanation. Perhaps Reader is incapable of sensing the one thing a person considers to be their "weakness?" For an Epic this would be their actual weakness, the thing that makes their powers falter. But when Reader is in the presence of a regular person, is there any deeply held "weakness" that's withheld from him?

Agh. I'm tired and not making any sense. :/

Wait. If he existed in the Whoniverse, could Reader divine the Doctor's real name?  :blink:

I feel it appropriate to repost: 

8cb00bf78e82032a2d2ead3933584acb625bd490

Apologies for double post, but Kobold, since you're on, what does Reader do while he's not tormenting pink-sunglass-wearing, past-seeing Epics?

I think he'd normally be left to his own devices, so long as he stayed around the cathedral or in other militarized areas of The Dalles. He's probably got a decent load of free time on his hands, but he'd be strongly discouraged from leaving the protection of The Dalles City Guard. The potential damage he could cause if captured by Quicksilver is too great to allow him free rein over the city. He must be guarded at all times.

Since that doesn't really answer your question: essentially, he's made to stay where The Dalles City Guard can keep an eye on him. Every now and then crooks and prisoners would be brought in for him to interrogate; probably at least once a day, maybe up to three or four times during crime sprees. What he does when he's boxed up in the cathedral with no one to torment is entirely up to you.

I think he'd normally be left to his own devices, so long as he stayed around the cathedral or in other militarized areas of The Dalles. He's probably got a decent load of free time on his hands, but he'd be strongly discouraged from leaving the protection of The Dalles City Guard. The potential damage he could cause if captured by Quicksilver is too great to allow him free rein over the city. He must be guarded at all times.

Since that doesn't really answer your question: essentially, he's made to stay where The Dalles City Guard can keep an eye on him. Every now and then crooks and prisoners would be brought in for him to interrogate; probably at least once a day, maybe up to three or four times during crime sprees. What he does when he's boxed up in the cathedral with no one to torment is entirely up to you.

No one...to torment?  :(  :(  :P

Now I have to decide what Reader does when he's alone and has free time  :P

No one...to torment?  :(  :(  :P

Now I have to decide what Reader does when he's alone and has free time  :P

Writes his secretive unfinished novel, in which he plagues the main character with all of the dark secrets and woes he's ever divined from people in his office? :P

Writes his secretive unfinished novel, in which he plagues the main character with all of the dark secrets and woes he's ever divined from people in his office? :P

What? That doesn't exist, that never has existed! What are you talking about? Stop staring at me like that! Your mother never loved you!  :P

I actually have absolutely no idea what Reader would do in his spare time....

What? That doesn't exist, that never has existed! What are you talking about? Stop staring at me like that! Your mother never loved you! :P

I actually have absolutely no idea what Reader would do in his spare time....

Write fanfics about Koschei, of course, shipping him with all the people he hates. :P

Also, I think I figured out the answer to your question about Reader and weaknesses, Kobold. Most Epic powers have failsafes, right? Steelheart can't turn living things to steel, Prof can only disintegrate inanimate objects, etc. Reader's inability to see weaknesses is what keeps him from becoming all-powerful. That's my theory, anyway.

He seems like the sort who'd write. Maybe tell the soldiers he was writing about them, but it's really a heartbreaking romance about an Epic who knows secrets and the coworker he loves but pretends to hate, because the one secret he wishes he didn't know is that she doesn't love him back. :P

Write fanfics about Koschei, of course, shipping him with all the people he hates. :P

Also, I think I figured out the answer to your question about Reader and weaknesses, Kobold. Most Epic powers have failsafes, right? Steelheart can't turn living things to steel, Prof can only disintegrate inanimate objects, etc. Reader's inability to see weaknesses is what keeps him from becoming all-powerful. That's my theory, anyway.

He seems like the sort who'd write. Maybe tell the soldiers he was writing about them, but it's really a heartbreaking romance about an Epic who knows secrets and the coworker he loves but pretends to hate, because the one secret he wishes he didn't know is that she doesn't love him back. :P

He does kind of seem that way.... Maybe he will write that. Or maybe not. Even he himself doesn't realize his feeling for her  :D . He'd probably write a mystery novel, then publish it under a psuedonym, just so he could spoil the ending to everyone who read it. 

He does kind of seem that way.... Maybe he will write that. Or maybe not. Even he himself doesn't realize his feeling for her  :D . He'd probably write a mystery novel, then publish it under a psuedonym, just so he could spoil the ending to everyone who read it. 

Ooooohhhhhh, is that a call for more shipping? :P 

There are lots of other things Reader could do with his time, including...

Ask the nearby soldiers about their home lives 

Attempt to set up a wine tasting and become irritated when the guards refuse to provide him with more than one type of wine

Use the church kitchen to pursue his pre-Calamity dream of appearing on Chopped; become irritated when the guards decline to try his creation made from pancake mix, celery, used tea bags, and almost-expired mayonnaise 

Learn which of his books the guards hate the most and read them aloud, giving each character an extremely annoying voice 

Stare at the ceiling and wish he had his very own llama 

When all else fails, torment Autumn 

About Dalles, I'm not sure what to do for my Mistwraith post, which I will write after I figure out what I am going to really write for it. Mistwraith is going to Quicksilver's base(?), but I don't know what that is. 

Advice?

Who is Quicksilver?

Quicksilver Is Vondra's Arch-nemesis. He's a powerful high Epic who can control metal, and he is the Crime-lord of the Dalles. He also happens to be Bus driver's boss. There's two viewpoints of his on page one of the Dalles thread. Check those out for further information. especially the second one. Or you could just read his bio on the Epics of Oregon page. So you can read a boring bio(which I recommend) or you can read an epic fight scene(which I recommend more).

I'll do a post for him soon. Mail-mi, if it's cool with you, Bus Driver will lead them to a building on the outskirts of town. Then I'll take it from there

Edited by Fatebreaker