Mistborn Adventure Game Update: Revised Digital Edition + Print Book Deliveries

Crafty Games

Crafty Games has an update on the Mistborn Adventure Game, the new roleplaying experience based on the best-selling novel series by Brandon Sanderson...

Since the release of the Digital Edition we've been hard at work updating the game to incorporate reader feedback, correcting small issues that cropped up during the design, and generally making sure the end product is the best it can possibly be. We're all fans first, just like you, and it's imperative to us that anything with the Mistborn name on it share the same quality, care, and majesty Brandon delivers in his novels.

All direct orders have been updated now and a new version of the Digital Edition is live at both our storefronts. Anyone who’s previously purchased a version of the game that includes the Digital Edition should have received an email notifying them of where to download it. If you don’t see this email by early Saturday, June 2, please drop us a line at [email protected] so we can get it sorted.

The new version of the Digital Edition contains many changes, a few large and several small, which we previously posted about on our forums. There's also an index (which we couldn't include previously because page pointers tend to shift when you're still making changes to a book), as well as an appendix that summarizes the core rules of the game without the walkthrough guidance. The novel characters section - Book 3, Chapter 8 - has been overhauled for easier reading and has the added benefit of being much more attractive, with full page art for most of the major personalities from the canon.

All these upgrades have been folded into the physical editions of the book as well, and our printer has been working diligently to ensure the finished work enjoys the same high quality as the content (which again, we thank you for making so special).

Anyone curious what the finished books will look like - at least partly - should visit our Facebook Page, where we've posted pictures of the proofs that we approved just last week.

So when will the books be in stores, and when will they ship to direct customers? Just last afternoon we received word that we should expect the softcovers back to us around June 18, with the hardcovers near July 9. Given the time it takes to gather distribution orders and ship product to stores, this means you'll see the game in your FLGS around the first few weeks of July (remember, only the softcover is going into stores - the hardcover is available exclusively from us).

Direct orders will be shipped as soon as we receive the books, and without the extra time involved in pushing product into stores this means direct order customers should see their books go out from us within a few days of the dates above. Shipping times being what they are, U.S. customers should expect their books in the mail within a week or so, based on their chosen shipping method, and overseas customers should add 1-2 weeks based on their location. You can find more precise estimates based on your location and chosen shipping method at the USPS Services page.

We will of course keep you all posted as orders are fulfilled, and we're also available for any questions you may have.  

So... to those of you who've already supported us in this wondrous new endeavor, we thank you! Anyone who's been waiting for concrete news before ordering, or who's now intrigued enough to jump on board, can place an order at the following link...

There are three editions of the Mistborn Adventure Game...

The Deluxe Hardcover Edition is is available exclusively through Crafty Games. It features all the same contents as the softcover edition plus full-color endsheets displaying the Allomantic and (brand new) Feruchemical tables of metals, a stamped spine, and a beautiful, full-color dust jacket. It's the perfect addition to any Sanderson fan's bookshelf.
The Softcover Retail Edition will be available in book and hobby retailers worldwide, but you're also welcome to purchase it here. It features the same contents as the deluxe hardcover edition in a compact, easy-to-carry and use format. It's perfect for that gamer on the go!
The Digital Edition is currently available in PDF, with an EPUB version in the works. For one low cost you get the game in both formats, each with the same content as the softcover edition. You can also bundle the Digital Edition with either the Hardcover or Softcover Edition for just $5 more than the print book!

Based on the bestselling novels by Brandon Sanderson and powered by an all new story-driven rules system, the Mistborn Adventure Game lets you explore, command, or liberate the oppressed world of Scadrial, battle the Lord Ruler’s Inquisitors, and master the primal forces of Allomancy, Feruchemy, and Hemalurgy. It’s the ultimate resource for fans of the novels and those who want to experience the Final Empire firsthand.

facebook_icon_sm.png    twitter_icon_sm.png

Crafty-Games-Logo-Cropped.gif

• 1 month later...

Got my print copies today. I gotta say, this book is damnation pretty! And frickin thick, too, it really does fit beautifully next to the hardcovers of the novels.

Artwork ain't half bad neither. :D

Edited by Inkthinker

• 1 month later...

I was having a look at http://www.crafty-games.com/retailers, but seems that you have no distributor in Europe. From your website, shipping costs are 30.44$ (The cheaper option) so nearly doubles the price... Even if there is no "official" distributor, you know of any european stores selling it? Spanish ones would be greater, but hope any in Europe will have lesser shipping costs.

Probably this should be asked in crafty games website, but maybe any other forum member knows a shop here :)

Thabks in advance!

I was having a look at http://www.crafty-games.com/retailers, but seems that you have no distributor in Europe. From your website, shipping costs are 30.44$ (The cheaper option) so nearly doubles the price... Even if there is no "official" distributor, you know of any european stores selling it? Spanish ones would be greater, but hope any in Europe will have lesser shipping costs.

Probably this should be asked in crafty games website, but maybe any other forum member knows a shop here :)

The book is available worldwide but because of the added layer between us and you (the distributors, who supply retail shops), it's hard for us to know exactly which stores have it in stock at any time.

Drop us an email at [email protected] and we'll make some inquiries for you. You might also want to stop by the Crafty Games forums (if you haven't already) and ask there.

Finally, and most importantly, you absolutely should go directly to your local store(s) and ask them to order the book. As I say, it's available everywhere, and orders usually have to come from the stores, rather than the other way around.

Thanks!

Well, even in the shops that do import foreign books no one seemed to know about this one. That's why I was looking at the internet ;)

Anyways, I will try in your forums, maybe there are some spanish (or almost european) people who can point me to the right shops.

Thank you very much!

EDIT: By the way, I will probably end up buying the PDF. But, even if I am using eReader for books for 3 years or so, it seems strange to use it for a rulebook...

Edited by Thorontir

Thabks in advance!

I got mine from Eclectic games in the UK, The main UK distributor [Esdevium] had it on their new release sheets.

Eclectic do do mail order last I checked, so if you can't find it more locally they might be an alternative.

• Chaos locked this topic