Charcoal drawers

Unhinged

Spoilers for the Rithmatist here.

OK here's a mad theory that I got after I read Joels description of the Forgotten, he says that it looks like it was drawn from Charcoal. this got me thinking what if there's another power in the world other than Rithmatics. What if there are things in the tower of Nebraska that draw with Charcoal. They create the Forgotten and the Forgotten create the wild Chalklings? I don't really have any basis for this theory other than the Forgotten looking like it was made of Charcoal and my idea that something is in Nebraska creating these things. 

while shifting back towards when this originally was going to be a cosmere book it could  be either an extension of rithmantics(1 shard world), or another type of magic(duel shard world) then we need another form of magic assuming that two leads to three types of magic Spoiler (like mistborn) so we would have charcoal, chalk and something else, i would think it is an alternate use of rithmantics and this was meant to be a one shard world.

but i dont realy think we have enough to begin theorizing about charcoal drawings.

• 4 months later...

I think charcoal drawing would be interesting. It would probably be a little different kind of magic, so it would explain how the Forgotten are so strong, despite being basically scribbles, rather than detailed like strong chalklings.

Edited by Aidulin41

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Chalk is largely naturally occurring, while charcoal is mainly artificially produced by man. I wonder if the forgotten are man made creation, or transformed humans. There are many stories about magic users pushing their styles so much that they transform themselves into something inhuman. Or creating intelligent creations that turned against them.

I wonder if other biochemical sedimentary materials or transformed organic material, could be used in this style of magic. It is just all this talk of chalk, makes me think of flint. a book said that a powerful witch can't grow on chalk, but another said that the bones of chalk is flint.

The style might extend to oil, via oil based paints.

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps Joel's father has something to do with this

Remember how he experimented with different types of chalk that improved how the Rithmatics worked.

Remember how the chalk worked differently on different surfaces

So it would be logical to assume that perhaps different materials used to draw would affect the Rithmatics

Think about it

Chalklings

Charcoalins

Graphitians

The possibilities are endless

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

@Rage, just so you know, the forum rules (and the members) frown on posting in threads that have gone dead, and since the post before yours here was from Feb 2016, it's pretty well and truly dead.  We don't tend to like Lifeless threads around here. :P Just one of those things I know you have to learn when you're new, so no big deal, but try to look at the dates in the future. :)