Vivenna's Eye Color

supersciguy

Edit: What I should have said originally is that none of the characters that are the main focus of a book have turned out to be Worldhoppers. I wouldn't consider even Galladon to be the main focus of his book.

I'd disagree on that one. Vasher was a main character in Warbreaker to me.

I'd disagree on that one. Vasher was a main character in Warbreaker to me.

I said I do consider Vasher to be a main character. But the FOCUS (sorry for the caps; I'm on my Kindle and don't have access to the options) was on the tension between Idris and Hallandren.

I thought the whole point of Warbreaker was to introduce Vasher and nightblood:

QUESTION (PARAPHRASED)
Why did you put Nightblood in The Stormlight Archive?
BRANDON SANDERSON
Nightblood and Vasher were in the original version of the Way of Kings before I wrote Warbreaker. Warbreaker in a way was actually introducing those two characters I'd already created.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a horrible premonition.

When Zahel tells Kaladin that he hates being reminded of home, I assumed he was just being grumpy and wanted to leave his past behind. Typical Vasher. However, as I was reading Warbreaker again, I found myself wondering where Vivenna wandered off to between the end of Warbreaker and Vasher going to Roshar. Either 1. Vivenna went with him and is wandering around behind scenes somewhere on Roshar, or 2. she died on Roshar, or 3. she stayed behind on Nalthis, or 4. she died on Nalthis before Vasher left.

Now I'm really scared that Vivenna dying in Nightblood is one of the reasons Vasher was okay about going to Roshar, and why he especially hates being reminded of home :(

But I hope I'm wrong!

I don't want to have Vivenna die even by implication, much less on scene in Nightblood. But I could believe it. It sounds like Yesteel is going to be very dangerous. 

PS.

I also really hope Siri and the God-King still share some spotlight with Vasher, Vivenna, and Yesteel, I like how Brandon develops functional but quirky relationships :)

• Chaos locked this topic