Alvron

AHAH, AHAH, AHAHAHAHAHA!

10 GAMES I'VE PLAYED, AND IN ALL OF THEM I'VE BEEN GOOD! OH THE HILARITY! I NEED AN AWARD FOR THIS! AHAHAHAHA!

Looks like I've beaten your streak in being on Team Good, Malliw.  <_< 

So many roles... This game redefines "Role Madness"

Well, this game just got a lot less directed without Wyrm and Kas the little backstabbers... In this game, the only people fit for leading the Inquisition would be Gamma, Aonar and maybe Malliw. I suggest that we seek the 3 out, since they're the most experienced players here, and we need an experienced leader. Speaking of which, should we protect someone tonight?

Now, for some long overdue Toy Panda RP.

Jain listened to the meeting with one ear. The discussion was interesting, but warranted most of his attention was the stack of files in front of him. Somehow, the Enforcement HQ had acquired a sizeable amount of paper and pens - both rarities after Steelheart's transformation of the city - for their paperwork. The content of the files were interesting, too. It appeared that the Enforcement had a nice little black market running right under Steelheart's nose, smuggling various commodities in and out of the city for Non-Epics. A toy panda was perched on the end of a desk, with a pile of files in front of it. Strange. Jain didn't quite remember placing the files in front of the toy.

A scuffle brought Jain's attention back to the meeting. That Milton fellow was currently berating Doc Oleny for spilling milk on him. Tension were quite high, it seemed.

Turning his attention back to the files, Jain glimpsed something that made him frown. One of the files was propped up against the stack, in a perfect reading position for the toy panda.

Aya launched herself through the air, taking advantage of Loipin's brief distraction. She held her axe over his throat and said.

"Loipin." Then she stood up and dusted herself off. It wouldn't due good to kill in the day, would it?

Since this is the first round, we don't really know enough to guess. But I do have to have a little bit of fun, can't I? If it looks like he's gonna be lynched, I'll probably retract this vote.

“Ah, I got an idea!” Raid smiled, his eyes flashing with delight.  “And it’s a good idea this time!  I think…”

Raid took the chalk out of his pocket and drew 6 crooked rectangles on the board.  “There are 6 rooms that we can hide in, correct?” he asked the crowd.  Some nodded.  Most of them just looked bored.  “And there are 15 of us.  If we split ourselves evenly between 5 rooms, with 3 people per room, we can start finding out information pretty quickly.”

Raid stopped drawing and shoved the chalk back into his pocket.  “However, we will need to make up a schematic as to where everybody is supposed to be.  And, we will have to ensure that no Civilians take any kill actions.  But here’s the thing: if we find out that there was a death during the night, we can narrow down the suspects to two people: the other two in that room.”

So, to reiterate, here’s the plan:

We split up which rooms we are going to stay in during the Night, something like this:

• Armory: Milton, Jain, Trial
  • Barracks: Kenna, Aya, Loipen
  • Mess Hall: Doc, Kelsey, Aidan
  • Officers Lounge: Damon, Friend, Stanley
  • Training Room: Ash, Raid, Spark
  • Shooting Range: (N/A)

All non-Serial Killer/Barrow Baron players must not make any kill actions for this to work properly.  Basically, after the Night is over, any deaths that occur can be attributed to the two other people that stayed in the same room as that player, in the chart above.  We can therefore narrow down the suspects considerably.  If anyone didn't stay where they were supposed to, that should also be viewed as suspicious.  (Unfortunately, roommate information cannot be revealed during the Night, as per the rules, but it can be revealed the Day afterwards, which can help us on that front.)

Here's an example: Bob, Fred, and Sam were told to go to the Armory by the chart.  During the Night, Bob dies.  This means that either Fred or Sam killed him and is therefore a Baron/Serial Killer.  It could of course be someone who deviated from the plan and went to the Armory when they weren't supposed to, but, in that case, we'd have witnesses from both the Armory and the room that the deviator came from that would tell us this.

So, any thoughts on this plan?

Renegade, that sounds pretty good, the only real problem I can think of is if we don't have enough analysis roles to scan people, or if we have a lot of deaths in one night. I actually kinda want to visit the shooting range tonight, if we can incorporate the into your plan. And I don't really see much point in voting right now, except that it would be bad if people ended up in the hallway since we couldn't tell who killed them.

I don't agree with Wilson here. Sorry about the late post, by the way. I believe that the Serial Killer should be our first priority, as he has a higher chance of hitting a Good than an Evil, which, when combined with the Barons' kill, will leave only the SK and the Barons alive. As for suspicions, I have none, but we need these kills to find the Killer. I'm voting for Jain as he's been Good for such a long time, which increases his chances of not being Good just slightly, but enough for me to choose him over some random guy.

Jasnah, you're suffering from Gambler's fallacy. Previous games have no affect on this Game. It is just as likely for Jain to be good in this Game as it was in previous gams. Also, I agree with Renegade's Plan, But would anybody in the Armory be willing to switch places with me?

Also, Milton

EDIT: Are we even sure there is a Serial Killer? It's one of the most likely roles to have been taken out.

Edited by The Only Joe

“Ah, I got an idea!” Raid smiled, his eyes flashing with delight.  “And it’s a good idea this time!  I think…”

Raid took the chalk out of his pocket and drew 6 crooked rectangles on the board.  “There are 6 rooms that we can hide in, correct?” he asked the crowd.  Some nodded.  Most of them just looked bored.  “And there are 15 of us.  If we split ourselves evenly between 5 rooms, with 3 people per room, we can start finding out information pretty quickly.”

Raid stopped drawing and shoved the chalk back into his pocket.  “However, we will need to make up a schematic as to where everybody is supposed to be.  And, we will have to ensure that no Civilians take any kill actions.  But here’s the thing: if we find out that there was a death during the night, we can narrow down the suspects to two people: the other two in that room.”

So, to reiterate, here’s the plan:

We split up which rooms we are going to stay in during the Night, something like this:

• Barracks: Kenna, Aya, Loipen
  • Mess Hall: Doc, Kelsey, Aidan
  • Officers Lounge: Damon, Friend, Stanley
  • Shooting Range: (N/A)

All non-Serial Killer/Barrow Baron players must not make any kill actions for this to work properly.  Basically, after the Night is over, any deaths that occur can be attributed to the two other people that stayed in the same room as that player, in the chart above.  We can therefore narrow down the suspects considerably.  If anyone didn't stay where they were supposed to, that should also be viewed as suspicious.  (Unfortunately, roommate information cannot be revealed during the Night, as per the rules, but it can be revealed the Day afterwards, which can help us on that front.)

Here's an example: Bob, Fred, and Sam were told to go to the Armory by the chart.  During the Night, Bob dies.  This means that either Fred or Sam killed him and is therefore a Baron/Serial Killer.  It could of course be someone who deviated from the plan and went to the Armory when they weren't supposed to, but, in that case, we'd have witnesses from both the Armory and the room that the deviator came from that would tell us this.

So, any thoughts on this plan?

That sounds like a plan to me.  Loipin, thanks for posting, any vote suspicions.  I will be able to make a better post later, sorry for this short one.

Also, GM Almighty, can the Barrow Baron kills happen anywhere? Or do they have to be in the same room as their Target?

I asked about this in my role PM: the Baron and Serial Killer Night kills have the same restrictions applied to them as other kills (they can only work on others in the same room, or those in the hallway).

The one thing I didn't take into account for my plan was the fact that the Serial Killer can use their kill action during the Day, likely without restriction.  But the plan should at least work to help trace the Barrow Barons’ kills, assuming everyone follows it.  In that case, we'll have to keep both eyes out for signs of the Serial Killer.

“One thing I’d like to point out,” Raid said, kicking the chalkboard out of his way, “is that while there may be a number of seeking roles, only the Serial Killer can actually discover roles.  And I have a feeling that the Serial Killer is not going to help us out, in that regard.  The Scout, Invisibility Epic, and Mitosis can only detect abilities.  If we’re trying to clear someone, and they are aware of this, they can easily choose to search the room they’re in, rather than using a kill action, to appear innocent.  Of course, if we go with the plan and find someone using a kill action, it should be safe to say that they are evil, in some way.

“I shall conclude by asking Doc why he wishes to switch places with someone to go to the Armory.  Is there any particular reason that the Armory is so interesting?”  Raid knew, of course, that there were probably lots of cool energy weapons inside there, but that was besides the point.  He wanted to help get these people out of here, almost as much as he wanted to raid the building.  It was like a heist; only, the challenge would be getting out of the building, rather than sneaking in.

EDIT: The Illusionist role (especially if it is in the hands of the Barrow Barons, which seems likely, as a Civilian would have little use for it) is also something we'll have to watch out for.  I'd suggest that the seeking roles not tell anyone who they're going to seek beforehand, in case the Illusionist decides to mess with us.

Edited by Renegade

Looks like I've beaten your streak in being on Team Good, Malliw.  <_< 

... I know. :( I'm quite upset. :P you already beat my streak after last game though. I still have played the most games though. ;)

Raid, I like that plan. It seems to be a good way to catch the Barons. I'll send in my order to go to the Armory then. Joe, I'm not sure if the items are thematically matching the room. We'll rotate rooms anyways. Doc. Friend, what say ye?

Doc stumbled away from the woman. "Now really Aya, This is the second time you've voted for somebody who was already voted for. Are you trying to get us killed? And I'm suspicious because I spoke up first? Somebody had to get things going, and just because I predicted I'd need to know what to say before he doors were locked doesn't mean I locked them! Look at Raid! He obviously did the same thing."

pir2h for those of you who don't pay attention to RP names.

Mailliw, you're vote for Gamma Might not count yet.

Outdated Vote Tally:

Gamma Fiend(2): Renegade, Mailliw
The Only Joe(1) Mailliw, pir2h
Lightsworn Panda(2): Jasnah Damodred, Gamma Fiend
pir2h(1) Only Joe
Jasnah Damodred(1): Lightsworn Panda
Killer Squirrel(1): Aonar

Current Agree with Plan Tally:

Renegade's Plan(11): Renegade, Only Joe, Araris, Tulir, Mailliw, Theory Maker, Ashiok, Gammafiend, Aonar, Little Wilson, Lightsworn Panda

Edited by The Only Joe

"Did any of you not see or hear the rampage of Jak O'Lantern last night?" Friend asked, looking around bewildered. "He was tossing candy bombs the whole sparking time, a guy couldn't get any sleep!" Friend looked exhausted, needing a good night's rest. For a guy who was lonely, he kept mumbling something about family plans, even though everybody was clearly stuck in that building together and not going anywhere.

The raging battle of Epics outside wasn't only what kept Friend up all night though. Friendless and surrounded by strangers, he knew he wasn't going to be able to trust anybody and would have to rely on his wits and skills he had acquired over the years to survive this endeavor. This whole ordeal is one nasty trick, he thought miserably.

Nearby, a group of people had started discussing plans, asking everybody to comply with what had been agreed upon by them. Friend didn't think he'd be able to disagree with them. There was The Implication.

Friend did have to admit the idea didn't sound completely horrible. He took a peak once again at the bloody writing scrawled above the mangled corpse. He shivered. "Is anybody going to clean this body up? I'd imagine maybe 3 or 4 of you are responsible for this, the least you could do is clean up after yourselves." Friend glared suspiciously around the room. "With us being able to lock the doors at night, I imagine the killers will hopefully spread out to maximize their effectiveness, although we can't always rely on that. But it might give us something."

Friend too a big breath and was about to go on talking about how the talk of people being able to pick their own rooms would just allow the Barons to get their own way when he realized everybody was looking at him. He froze, completely startled, and let out a squeak. "I, um, mean,...." he kind of trailed off and tried to melt back into the crowd.

He took a look around the strange group of people he was stuck with, noticing somebody jumping up and down, holding some sort of toy animal. "Um.... Jain, is it? Anything else to add besides, 'Yay, I'm Innocent?'"

Sorry for the delayed activity this game. Had family doings last night. And this RP took me quite a while to check in with, since I'm also going to be trying to stick to RP this game instead of relying on OOC Blue. :P

Edit: Redacted Vote.

Edited by Gamma Fiend

I'll agree with Raid's plan. It would have been interesting to see where people went of their own decision but this plan will help us find killers easier.

Edit: Araris the plan specifically states no killing unless you are evil so, you are kind of going against the plan trying to find a gun in the shooting range while also supporting it.

Edited by Theorymaker

"I'm game for the plan as long as nobody grabs a gun and shoots me, y'know?" Ash said. "I've got some more writing to do before I'm ready to really crack down on the Barons, but I'll be back soon."

He teleported away.

"Oh great GM, shine us from above with your wisdom! Before the night starts, may we switch our rooms?" Aya giggled.

Indeed young one.  You can change what room you wish to spend the night in as many times you want before nightfall.  Once the sun sets however the doors shall be locked.

Edited by Alvron

Raid looked towards Friend, who had grown much more frightened the past few minutes.  That seemed understandable.  After all, they were only trapped in a sealed building with several people who wanted to kill them; those sort of things didn't happen all too often.  Raid had been trapped in all kinds of things in his days.  Jails were a common one.  A giant mousetrap, once or twice.  He'd been trapped in a safe several times, ironically enough.  And once, he had been engulfed by an enormous Epic and stuck inside of his mouth for several days.  That had not been fun.

Oddly enough, he had never once been trapped inside of a building.

Raid was sure that they'd find a way out.  As his grandpappy used to say, "Every wall has its crack, and every torturer has his rack."  An eccentric one, his grandpappy.  And not the least bit sane.  But he did have his witty moments, that was for sure.  Too bad they didn't come around all that often.

Raid coughed, dispelling those thoughts.  "So, we all seem to be in agreement with this plan.  So, Milton, Jain, and Trial, you guys stay in the Armory; Kenna, Aya, and Loipen can stay in the barracks..." Raid went on until he reached the last three people.  "...and Ash, Spark, and I can stay in the Training Room."

"The Training Room?" Spark protested.

"Yeah," Raid said.  "So what?"

"Well, it's a bit boring."

Raid blinked.  "Well, look, we could go in the Shooting Range, but I'd rather not.  We don't need fancy, sharp weapons to win this fight; we need sharp minds.  Or, at least, that's what my grandpappy said, right before he jumped into a snake nest bare-chested."  Raid shivered at that memory.  "At any rate, if we do need weapons for some reason, I'm sure there will be enough in the other rooms."

So, again, here are tonight's room assignments as they stand:

• Barracks: Kenna, Aya, Loipen Kien
  • Mess Hall: Doc Oleny, Kelsey Skirl, Aidan Forsyth
  • Officers Lounge: Damon Shan, Friend, Stanley

Sorry Spark, but I did say that I was against Civilians (well, anyone, actually) using kill actions, and the Shooting Range seems like a much easier place to find a lethal weapon than the Training Room.