Alvron

Wow, this is getting underway quickly! :)

Aya's condescending smile rekindled Loipin's rage. His wrath had not been stirred in years, and yet her very face seemed to set a flame burning within him. He flashed a toothless grin at her, the smile never touching his dark, hard eyes.

Aya noticed Loipon's anger. She shrugged, recognizing the potential in him losing control. Her eyes flickered mischievously. She drew a finger over her throat in a You're dead sort of gesture. Aya flipped her hair over her shoulder. She was being provocative, and she knew it. After all, what fun was there in being plain?

Ash strolled into the room, wiping bloody hands on his tattered pants. One couldn't miss the large bloodstain over his heart, but he didn't seem too bothered by it. "Well... I just died again, and then I woke up here. I haven't heard a human voice in days. Are we going to speak to each other or are we all mute? I'm seeing a lot of death glares, and I don't want to die for the tenth time this month. How's 'bout we just talk it out instead."

Ash, a dead man walking, is signing up

Can someone open a new game when an old game ends, even if a new game is already going on?

We have a list set-up for those who have signed up to GM a game, and we have it divided between the three types of games we run (Long Games, Mid-Range, and Quick Fixes), and it's set-up so one game is usually starting up around the time one is ending. If you wish to sign up to GM any of these games, feel free to let Meta, Wilson, or myself know and we will get you on the appropriate list! Or message us with any other questions you may have!

Blood and daggers. Staying here seemed like less and less of a smart idea each second. Unfortunately for Stanley the two most violent people in the room were also the two closest to the door. So instead of focusing on them and their antics, Stanley looked around the room. As he looked he happened to find a coin on the ground. Stanley hoped the coin was lucky because he would need all the luck he could find in this place.

Sitting in his chair staring at the monitors in front of him, The Watcher watched the gathering of people outside his domain.  He had moved in as soon as Enforcement fled the building.  It was his home now.

Slowly the cameras panned around the courtyard capturing details on each of the intruders gathered below.  Soon the doors will open and then, once everyone was inside the sprawling building the fun would begin.

Game 9 begins in just under 24 hours.

​Edit: Jain, there is little profit in using your own merchandise.

Edited by Alvron

Well, I guess I'll join.  But don't expect a whole bunch of in-depth posts out of me most of the time, since I have stuff to do outside of the 17th Shard (sad, but true).

Raid looked ahead at the giant, looming building.  So that was the Enforcement HQ?  A bit lackluster, but there’d be plenty of cool stuff he could steal in there.  Grinning wickedly, Raid ran towards the front door, which had been left partially open.  Other people were in here already?  Raid thought that he would've been the first, since he had run straight towards the Enforcement HQ after hearing of Steelheart's death.  There was no better way of celebrating the victory of an omnipotent tyrant than raiding the now-vacant Enforcement HQ.

Raid stepped inside and looked at the walls of the hallways as he walked down them, analyzing them as if they were a piece of artwork. 

An expensive piece of artwork that could be swiped.  Not so he could sell it; no, Raid just stole things for the sake of stealing them.  It gave him a sense of pleasure to pull off a good heist.

Unfortunately, with the blatant lack of security in this place, stealing things would be a little too easy.  Ah well; thievery was thievery, no matter how easy.

Raid crept down a flight of stairs.  He wasn't really sure where he was going, but he found from past experience that there were lots of interesting things to steal in the basement.  Maybe he’d find a few energy weapons.  Those were pretty cool.  Or maybe he’d find some weapon that nobody had ever seen before.  Giggling with glee, Raid descended to the basement, wondering what he would find.

Suddenly, the door at the top of the stairs closed, plunging the basement into darkness.  Raid whirled around, hearing something metallic roll down the steps.  Raid had been around enough weapons to realize that it was a bomb; likely an energy bomb, at that.  Raid whipped a pair of night vision goggles out of his belt and ran right, down a dark corridor.

The bomb exploded.  Arcs of blue lightning struck anything near it, creating a sharp popping sound that resounded throughout the corridor.  Raid made the mistake of looking at the explosion, and was momentarily blinded by the brightness of the lightning bolts.  Raid stumbled back, some of his arm singed by the lightning’s proximity.

Huh, Raid thought, I guess this place isn't so safe after all.  Comforted by that thought, Raid walked down the dark corridors of the Enforcement HQ’s basement.

I had a pyromaniac as a character last time; naturally, I’m playing as a kleptomaniac for this game.  :P

Edited by Renegade

I'd only join if there's a serious issue with numbers and then not be very active. As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm sure Jain would like his revenge, but I wasn't lying about battling computer-related health issues and the busy part of uni life.

I'd only join if there's a serious issue with numbers and then not be very active. As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm sure Jain would like his revenge, but I wasn't lying about battling computer-related health issues and the busy part of uni life.

There is no issue with numbers.  I would love for you to play but your health and uni should always come first.

Edit: Also for those wondering.  Yes there is a spec doc.  PM me once the game starts and I will send you the link.

Edited by Alvron

Aya pulled out her knife again and studied it. She threw it across the room, right in between Spark O'toole and Stanley. Then Aya dashed across the room and deftly pulled it out the wall. Her eyes shone with an almost terrifying gleam at almost impaling the two competitors.

Aya smiled because she knew it would become a contest; everything with her did.

(Wyrm and Kas, I'm looking at you. Very Intently. With a Shardblade)

I'm afraid that the Hand of the Inquisition will have to manage on his own :P.

I am rather busy these coming weeks, and I will also be absent for at least a Cycle-and-a-half. If it was near the end of the game, then I could assume that I wasn't going to survive that long as say it didn't matter, but it's just next weekend, so I don't think I could easily get away with it. So my apologies, but I'm sitting this one out (and letting the heat die down somewhat as well >>).

Friend sat off by himself, trying to avoid as much attention as possible and nervously biting his nails. After his failed introduction of himself, he was met with hostile stares and greeted by someone who was a little too zealous with gesturing with the giant knife they wielded. But that person did do the same to everybody who had walked up, so Friend felt a little better. Everybody who had gathered seemed to be extremely shady and secretive.

Not very friendly at all. He thought, with a frown. Somebody suddenly shouted out to a couple of people who were walking nearby, trying to slink past undetected. The pair briefly stopped to acknowledge the invitation to join in the looting of the HQ Building -- funny how looters are waiting patiently to storm a building, Friend thought, but then he took a good look at the two men who shook their heads and kept on walking by.

"Sparks, I think I know those people!" Friend suddenly shouted, standing up, and pointing at the retreating figures. They were his pals he had lost in the confusion in the wake of Steelheart's death. They had to have seen me, he thought, lowering his arm slowly, realizing they weren't there anymore. I obviously need new friends, he told himself.

He sat back down and went back to waiting along with everybody else, wondering who he could become friends with. If he wanted to become friends with any of them.

"So.... how about that sun," Friend started off saying, hoping to prompt some sort of amiable conversation with those who were still gathered around. Hopefully one without knives, would be preferable.

It seemed nobody had noticed Loipin and Aya's silent exchange. As he watched Aya deftly throw her knives into the walls, he decided that she was his main problem. He just had to make sure he didn't lose control again. That was what had caused his failure last time. As his mind travelled back in time, witnessing his memories, his vision began to darken. He struggled against the oncoming flashback, clawing at the air helplessly. Loipin Kien fell to  the ground, eyes blank.

A dark shadow engulfed Loipin's body, and his silent opponent disarmed him and tripped him. His sword clattered to the ground next to him. He was helpless, unable to defend himself. Loipin had had too many drinks that night. He was over confident. His enemy raised his blade and slashed at his face, ripping it open. Loipin screamed, got up and stumbled away, blood dripping from the massive wound on his face.

Loipin jolted out of his flashback and jumped up. He carefully surveyed the occupants of the room to see if they were watching. Soon, it wouldn't matter. They would all be dead.

Loipin's head swivelled back, and he turned his body, hearing an almost silent footfall. This one needs to be made an example of, he thought, looking at Aya's expressionless face. He blanked his face, and stood, firm as a tree.