Alvron

This was a fun game to watch, even from the Spec Doc! As I've said there, well done, Alv and I look forward to round 2. I like the extended story line concept you're working with and it will be great to see how it all plays out! I'll make Gamma or Wilson sit out that one so I can play next time! ;)

Agreed: this game was really fun to watch! Thanks for GMing and the riddle game, Alv :P And well-played on both sides! I have to admit that I thought the Barons were a goner once Ren had laid down his plan, but that was a ridiculously awesome comeback!

Additionally: #43, no. #45, yes, #48 yes :P

Alv, that game was a freaking blast. I haven't had that much fun in a long while. Nor have I wanted to tear my hair out as much as I did at certain points...

And now that I've read the spec doc and purgatory, I feel enlightened as to how much people seem to fear me. I mean really, Meta? I'm the scariest evil player here?! I think I tie at best. :P

And now to hopefully sit out a few games, rest off my EXTERMINATE ON SIGHT level. Holy Batman is bad enough....

Also, I totally didn't catch the white text at the end of Aonar's post defending me to Araris. Whoops.

Obviously, I don't suspect myself as one of those awful Barons though. :P

Well of course. I don’t suspect myself either.

Obviously. I don't really suspect you either. The last two Barons have to be Theory and Gamma, absolutely. :P

This is fact. I completely agree. We really need to lynch them. Or just kill them.

Oh yes, that Baron killing power is extremely useful to our innocent selves in ridding ourselves of those pesky Barons.

I know, right? And while they go to their deaths screaming that they’re not Barons, we know that they’re really just lying. Death to the liars.

Ugh. I hate those liars. Let's just kill them already.

Let’s just kill them all already. All of them just need to die.

Quite possibly one of my favorite bits. I literally laughed out loud reading that, Mail!

My latest post in the thread really makes me want to do that. It (and a lot of other things I’ve done this game) have me worried that my threat level will increase and people will start to see me as on par with Meta. Which totally isn’t true.

Liar. ;)
Not only are you easily on par as a threat to me, you surpass me as if I was some idiot on his roof, with paper wings, and you're a freaking bird.

Admit Wilson, and revel in it. Every time you've been evil, you've either won or been the last one standing. You should embrace it! I've been evil once and I was picked up early, but every time I've played as good, I've been a force to be dealt with. There's nothing wrong with having that level of renown and if anyone deserves it, it's you! :)

Heh, well after scanning the Baron Doc for all 183 mentions of my name (and hurting my brain looking at Wilson's extensive scenario lists O.o ) , it seems I have finally earned a Title. The Highprince of Paranoia. I really  didn't anything this game besides using my power to protect myself the entire time. Killing Jasnah was what Bob Ross would call a 'Happy Accident'. XD

I love it. :wub:

Although, for this game I must admit I regret not trying to keep up on my usual notes and being minimally active (especially considering my standards) I think I ended up ruling out Wilson ultimately because of her being Mitosis, after the Jasnah was revealed as the Neutralizer, I just wrongly assumed the Barons wouldn't have Mitosis as well. XD

I did laugh at any mention of me doing extensive PM'ing, as I'm surprised I participated as much as I did in the PM with Aonar and Wilson, and was almost silent in the other couple I was briefly in. >.> I really should have networked more in this game and tried making more friends... who didn't try shooting me in the head or making me kill myself. ;)

But the Barons did run a great game, and definitely deserve the win. Getting to survive as a new Lackey seems like a good enough life for Friend, all things considered. :P This game was absolutely fantastic, Alv, and was truly well done. I enjoyed it thoroughly, and the Rooms Mechanic, and all the items inside. I do wish I spent time searching rooms, just to see what there all was. O.o Can't wait to see Part 2, and if I have to sit out, then I'll enjoy spectating just as much! :D

Edited by Gamma Fiend

....183 mentions of your name. Wow. I guess that makes sense. I just went and checked, though, and Aonar has over 80 more than you (I think he's got 267). :P (This is what he gets for being the main target of my manipulation. And apparently that still didn't work as well as I'd thought. Humph.)

Liar. ;)

Not only are you easily on par as a threat to me, you surpass me as if I was some idiot on his roof, with paper wings, and you're a freaking bird.

Admit Wilson, and revel in it. Every time you've been evil, you've either won or been the last one standing. You should embrace it! I've been evil once and I was picked up early, but every time I've played as good, I've been a force to be dealt with. There's nothing wrong with having that level of renown and if anyone deserves it, it's you! :)

....Fine. I accept that. Although, if the spec doc's expectation for lengthy paragraphs in the BB doc explaining our logic and stuff is any indication, it's more instinctive than anything......And as I typed that out just now, it occurred to me that that's not necessarily a good thing. I'm instinctively evil. Or able to portray myself as mostly innocent (I'd say harmless, but we all know that would be a lie) when I'm anything but....Hm. This is definitely a trait I need to learn to help my Team Good side....

I am glad everyone enjoyed the game.  The item system will need an overhaul but everything else seemed to work great.  Already I have an idea for some new roles that will change the game.

I am surprised that with all the protection roles there were, no attack was ever blocked just diverted a little.

I'm sure Raid would beg to differ, but he appears to be suffering from a very... terminal... disability at this point.  ;)

I find it pleasantly ironic, though, how Raid was a kleptomaniac whose only ability was to give away weapons to others.  (Although, I wasn’t planning on using the ability anyway.  Paranoia and all.  Plus, the Stun Baton was a nice substitute… you know, for the one turn I had possession of it…)

Despite my early death, it was a very enjoyable game.  I thought I had broken the game with my plan at the beginning, but then, of course, the rooms started to break instead… let’s just say that I was totally unprepared for that. :P  But at least it wasn’t a complete failure, even though, you know, the Barons got around it and won and all...

But yeah, looking forward to the next one of these games!  I accidentally ended up making a prelude to my next character, after I was trying to think of ways for Raid to somehow escape his death.  None came to mind, so here's Raid's crazy grandpappy instead!

Render looked at the blank television screen.  It was a remnant, an old device that he had found pre-Calamity.  The ancient, cubical device may have seemed almost anachronistic, but it suited him, with his Epic power and all.  Plus, as much as Render had wanted, Raid had never found him a decent flatscreen television, or one of those newfangled virtual reality screens.  This old behemoth would have to do.

Render blinked, and the television immediately flickered on, displaying an image of the Enforcement Headquarters.  Raid had last been there, right?  Render narrowed his eyes, and the television’s screen flickered for a second before displaying an image of the main entrance, looking into the facility.  A pair of Doomsdays’ clones hauled something out of one of the rooms.  A body.  It almost looked like…

No.  Render’s eyes widened in shock.  The screen zoomed in, confirming what Render had feared: Raid was dead.  By a hillbilly in a snowstorm, it can’t be.  It can’t be!  Render pondered.  He… he must’ve found a way out.  A decoy, perhaps?  He’s a clever boy, he ought to be able…  Render quickly changed the television’s viewpoint location with his mind, searching every room in the Enforcement Headquarters.  He found nothing.  Could he have escaped the carnage?  Render shook his head, trembling.  No.  He’s dead.

Render immediately stood up from his chair, the television blinking off.  “That slontze!  He died!  How could he die like that?”  Render’s entire body shook in rage, and he grabbed a steel bar from the wall, clenching it in a tight fist.  Almost instantly, the bar began to darken and rust away, the infection radiating from his fingertips.  How could he be blaming Raid for his own death?  It was the Barrow Barons’ fault!  They were the source of this problem!  Render let go of the shrunken, corroded bar and sat down in his chair again, the television blinking to life.  His grandson had apparently died, and Render would have a bit of research to do.  Only then would he plot his revenge…

Edited by Renegade

but seriously, I was helping!  You shouldn't have killed me!

Debatable. You were helping us in theory. The problem was that your stalking couldn't detect faction. All it could see was role, and what I knew is that I was prominent enough to be stalked in the second or third stalking. I also knew that I had a role you would want to be rid of. While my fellow barons had roles you wouldn't particularly like, they wouldn't be too much of a hindrance. But mitosis? Way too much flexibility. Best to be rid of you sooner rather than later. :P

Friend tried not to gag at the horrible smell as him and Aidan stacked the corpses for removal as Doomsday and her clones ransacked the plundered mini fridge. He was still so grateful to be alive, he didn't even crack a wise joke about how she could share some of the booze if she just didn't have so many clones. I might not be able to spot a Baron, but I still know what to say and what not to say to them when I know who they are.

"Hey, remember this slontze?" Friend asked, as the tossed Raid's body onto the pile. "I wonder whatever happened with his old grand-pappy he was always rambling on about?"

Aidan just glared at him over top the handkerchief he was holding to his face, and Friend just went back to work. Eh. I doubt it actually matters. That's all behind us now. He wanted to mourn for the innocent bodies, and the two other Barons, but really, he just didn't feel for them as much. None of them had been his friends, after all.

He was rather confident neither of his new friends, Aidan or Doomsday, would end up trying to kill him again. And he was looking forward to whatever adventures may come their way.

It will be like getting the old band back together! He smiled to himself. If I were actually in the band before. And if it were to actually to get back together...... and if that phrase wasn't deader than disco and almost everybody in here.

Maybe it was Doomsday's personality rubbing off on him, but Friend had never really truly explored who he truly was inside. As a Street Performer, he was always acting and performing, never being himself. And he never had friends to be himself around either.

But he liked the new, improved version of himself. Sure, his sense of humor may be a little bit more macabre now, but who didn't get that, hanging around an Epic?

"I think this will be a lot of fun." He declared, causing Aidan to give him a confused look as he glanced down at the corpse in Friend's hands. "I mean, this whole recruitment thing. I think this won't be so bad, in the end."

He took a nervous look around before leaning in and whispering to the Enforcer. "And between you and me, near the end there, I think you broke through to her. Crazy, right? I mean, it's not like either of us are going to mention it or anything. Because nobody talks feelings or morality with Epics, obviously.....but yeah."

He reached his arm out and shook Aidan's hand. Also dropping the dead mouse into the man's pocket, as well. He needed some way to get at least a little bit of light-hearted payback for the guy trying to kill him. And he couldn't exactly prank Doomsday and hope to live...
"To friendship." He said, smiling.

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Debatable. You were helping us in theory. The problem was that your stalking couldn't detect faction. All it could see was role, and what I knew is that I was prominent enough to be stalked in the second or third stalking. I also knew that I had a role you would want to be rid of. While my fellow barons had roles you wouldn't particularly like, they wouldn't be too much of a hindrance. But mitosis? Way too much flexibility. Best to be rid of you sooner rather than later. :P

My ultimate plan that never got implemented was to help you guys and kill people I thought were blatantly good, like Raid, until later in the game where I switch over and kill whoever I think is the most dangerous, trying to hide among the chaos.  But noooo, you had to go an kill me.  Why would I want to kill the Mitosis role?  That doesn't even make sense.   ;) It's not like you were one of the biggest threats in the game, no that wouldn't make sense.

Seriously though, it was a fun game, and I'm looking forward to the next iteration.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's safe to say that we've all said what we have to say about this game, since it's been over a week without any new discussion, so it's time to lock it up! :) 

Thank you Alvron for GMing! I look forward to seeing what you do with Part 2! If it's anything like this game, I'm sure it will be a blast for not only those that are playing, but those that are spectating as well!

Along that idea, if anyone would like to try your hand at running a game, please get a hold of GammaWilson or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but I'm sure we'd be more than willing to help out in any way we can as well!

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!