And So the Cats Shall Reign!

Kurkistan

Taking a gander at the Google+ Hangout with Brandon back on the 17th, this tidbit is in the comments:

Q:
+Peter Ahlstrom
If you're in a question-answering mood, is there any official response as to the feasibility of Catquisitors, and/or Brandon making them the main focus of the rest of his Mistborn books? wink.gif

A: Peter Ahlstrom
I have it on good authority that catquisitors will be canonized, featured in a novel that is Brandon's answer to Tad Williams' Tailchaser's Song. However, this won't fit into the publishing schedule until 2034.

Q:
Excellent news! While I had hoped that feline dominion would begin in a slightly more timely manner, it does give me something to look forward to.

May I assume that the rise of the Caton of Inquisition will be the twist in the second Mistborn trilogy--setting the stage for the third trilogy where Catquisitors use pewter to enhance their already superb senses of balance to the point where they can "fall" through space and time in order to conquer other Cosmere worlds? =^.^=

A: Peter Ahlstrom
You are free to assume what you like.

There you have it! The Caton shall rise and take over the Cosmere starting in 2034. Only 22 years to go until then! In fact, the Rise of the Caton (tentative title) will probably be Sanderson's Cosmere-spanning series, showing us all of our favorite worlds and characters being defeated and spiked by the Caton. Victory is in (very distant) sight! Edited by Kurkistan

Well, the Cantons were religious organizations, and the Caton is modelled after them, so I don't see why the Caton wouldn't adopt the same hierarchies of faith (or hierarchies of awesome, in this case).

Edited by Kurkistan

• Chaos locked this topic