You will spend the next 10 years in a bunker, after which you will be released into a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Heir of the Void

You have been selected for a government program to survive the following apocalypse. You will spend the next 10 years locked in a 20’ x 20’ concrete cell, partitioned as you please, after which you will be released into a post-apocalyptic wasteland. The bunker is lit by one florescent lap every 100 square feet, and features a sink with cold running water, a toilet, a cot, a microwave and an unlimited supply of hand soap. You have canned or frozen food, in an inaccessible storage closet, which is enough to last you exactly ten years. However, you have 100 points with which to improve your situation. Note that all bunker systems will fail after the ten years are up; the atomic slug powering them will only last that long.

Bunker Improvements:

Companion: A loyal compatriot with whom to spend your confinement, who will brave the horrors of the burn-out world by your side (unless you manage to alienate them). Design them like you would an RPG character. – 20 points

More Space: Each time this option is purchased, the dimensions of your cell increase by 10 feet on each side. It’s still bare concrete, though. – 4 points

Bathroom: A well-appointed bathroom, featuring a shower and bathtub with hot running water, an unlimited supply of body wash, shampoo, and deodorant, and a nicer toilet. Occupies a 10’ x 10’ area. – 8 points

TV: A 52’’ TV. Once the bombs fall, it’ll be getting nothing but static, but you have a selection of 25 DVDs. – 2 points

Gaming Computer: A next-gen gaming computer of your preferred manufacturer, complete with a 32’’ monitor and 25 Games. After the plague starts, there’ll be no internet to connect to. – 3 points

Netflix: The complete collection. You must have a device to view it on. Once the magic returns, there won’t be any new titles added to the collection. – 16 points

Books: Learning’ you some knowledge. 100 books, on any mixture of topics. How you know how to read. Wait...  – 2 points

Gaming Console: A next-gen gaming console of your preferred manufacturer. 25 games, or ten multiplayer games and an AI to play them with.

Meat Vat: A vat for growing on type of meat of your choice, though the texture is a bit… odd. Produces 1.5 pounds off meat a day. – 7 points

Bedroom: a 10’ x 10’ or larger room, featuring a comfy memory foam bed, an alarm clock, and wardrobe featuring a selection of clothing. – 7 points

Furniture: Up to ten tasteful items of your choice, not including a bed or cooking supplies. – 5 points

Hydroponic Garden: Throughout most of history, fresh fruit was considered a luxury, and now you can have 2 pounds of it, in any combination you like, per day with this 20’ x 20’ space. – 6 points

Baking supplies: Everything you need to make an array of basic baked goods, skills permitting. Includes grain products on tap… somehow. – 5 points

Kitchen: This galley contains everything you need to prepare whatever your skills and ingredients permit. – 4 points

Holographic shooting range: Allows you to practice with any weapon you purchase without using ammo. 10’ x 10’ for range shooting, 20’ x 20’ for a kill house. Use this every day and you’ll be a badass (probably). – 8 points

Gym: Get Prison Ripped. Contains as much exercise equipment as is reasonable for space allocated.  – 8 points

Washer and dryer: Self-explanatory. Plenty of soap. – 3 points

Improved decor: Whatever you like in terms of fittings, walls, ceilings, and floors within reason, as so long as it supplies no mechanical benefit. – 3 points

Survival supplies:

Glock: A Glock handgun of your choosing, with 250 rounds of ammunition. – 7 points/weapon

Shotgun: A Mossberg pump-action combat shotgun, with 250 shells. – 12 points/weapon

M16: Any version of the US combat rifle, with 500 rounds of ammunition. Comes with a cleaning kit and spare parts, but not enough to build another rifle. – 15 points /weapon

Additional ammo: More ammunition for one weapon, as much as you started with – 3 points/purchace

Body Armor: Level IIA protection for your torso and limbs for everyone. – 5 points

Sword: One extremely durable edged weapon, and everything you need to care for it. ­– 1 point/purchace

Survival Kit: Fire starters, flare, compass, thermal blankets, 7 days of MREs, a camp stove, and a radio. ­­– 3 points

Medkit: Contains everything needed to heal most wounds and aliments. – 5 points

Trade goods: Your choice of gold (1 pound), silver (5 pounds), or Crystal Meth (1 pound). Try not to get clubbed over the head and robbed. – 2 points

MREs: 1 month worth for everyone. – 1 point/purchase.

Additional Goods and services:

Note that your companion(s) receive the benefit of any of these you purchase.

Youth: The faster you go, the slower you grow. You’re going so fast that when you get out of the bunker, your body is in the prime of its life, in the region of 17-25. – 10 points

Immune system: With basic hygiene, you’ll never get sick. – 15 points

Gunslinger: Han shot first, and so can you! – 7 points

Misting: Eat metal, gain powers. Details here. – 5 points

Twinborn: Gain a side of Feruchemy. No compounding. Detail here, list of aviable powers here. – 3 points

Mistborn: Rule the night as a Mistborn. Details here. – 35 points

I have a few questions...

Is there an option where I can get an infinite supply of all the existing world-wide cooking shows? :ph34r:

If I choose a companion and I want him to be armed, do I need to chose ammo for him or does he come with all his gear? :ph34r:

I think I am going to need a lot more then 100 points :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: I down at a 108.... What would I rather live without, the bathroom or the bedroom :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I have a few questions...

Is there an option where I can get an infinite supply of all the existing world-wide cooking shows? :ph34r:

If I choose a companion and I want him to be armed, do I need to chose ammo for him or does he come with all his gear? :ph34r:

I think I am going to need a lot more then 100 points :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: I down at a 108.... What would I rather live without, the bathroom or the bedroom :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Well, the point is that there are supposed to be trade-offs. The time in the bunker is also kinda supposed to suck, to encourage you to leave. What have you already bought?  I'll say that you can have a food network etc. archive for 2 points.

That being said, I added an option where you can spend additional time in the bunker and gain 10 additional points per year, so there's that. You don't have to arm your companion, but I’d buy them either a weapon or combat allomancy. Then again, when I did this, I bought like 3 guns, so that wasn't a problem. I'd go without the bedroom and crash on the couch; ten years without a shower is a long time in a confined space.

If you'd like to try easy mode, that's 12.5 points per year in the bunker. HARD MODE is 8 points per year.

This is my list. I chose to spend 12.5 years in the bunker, for 125 total points. I figured that was enough time to give civilization some time to recover, but not enough for complex nations to form.

Mistborn (Extremely potent in a post-industrial world where automatic weapons are rare and the resources to make aluminum or ceramic weapons basically don't exist) - 35

Companion (10 years without human contact is likely to drive me insane, and it pays to have someone to watch your back) - 20

More space x 3 (20x20 is cramped. 60x60 is much nicer) - 9

TV and Netflix (for not being bored) - 18

Bed and bath - 15

Meat vat - 7

Furniture - 5

Baking supplies and Kitchen - 9

Washer and dryer - 3

Survival kit - 3

Sword - 1

This is my Easy Mode list. As the OP, I feel that I am entiled to use this one (158 points total)

Mistborn (Extremely potent in a post-industrial world where automatic weapons are rare and the resources to make aluminum or ceramic weapons basically don't exist) - 35

Companion (10 years without human contact is likely to drive me insane, and it pays to have someone to watch your back) - 20

More space x 3 (20x20 is cramped. 60x60 is much nicer) - 9

TV and Netflix (for not being bored) - 18

Books x 2 - 4

Holographc shooting rage (to practice allomancy) - 8

Gaming console - 2

Bed and bath - 15

Meat vat - 7

Furniture - 5

Immune system - 15

Baking supplies and Kitchen - 9

Washer and dryer - 3

Gold x 2 - 4

Survival kit - 3

Sword - 1

I'd like to take the gym, but with pewter, there's no real need to get prison ripped, and I can always do iso exercises and such. Hopefully my books, games, and companion can keep me entertained. I'm relying pretty heavily on my Mistborn asset for defense once I leave the vault, which I hope isn't a point sink. I'd like to take some ammo to use as a trade good, but hopefully my gold will be worth enough to overcome that. I'm young enough that the youth would be nice, but is unnecessary, and immunity to the poor sanitary conditions of the apocalypse is probably better. I’ll miss ice cream, though.

You have been selected for a government program to survive the following apocalypse. You will spend the next 10 years locked in a 20’ x 20’ concrete cell, partitioned as you please, after which you will be released into a post-apocalyptic wasteland. The bunker is lit by one florescent lap every 100 square feet, and features a sink with cold running water, a toilet, a cot, a microwave and an unlimited supply of hand soap. You have canned or frozen food, in an inaccessible storage closet, which is enough to last you exactly ten years. However, you have 100 points with which to improve your situation. Note that all bunker systems will fail after the ten years are up; the atomic slug powering them will only last that long.

Bunker Improvements:

Companion: A loyal compatriot with whom to spend your confinement, who will brave the horrors of the burn-out world by your side (unless you manage to alienate them). Design them like you would an RPG character. – 20 points

More Space: Each time this option is purchased, the dimensions of your cell increase by 10 feet on each side. It’s still bare concrete, though. – 4 points

Bathroom: A well-appointed bathroom, featuring a shower and bathtub with hot running water, an unlimited supply of body wash, shampoo, and deodorant, and a nicer toilet. Occupies a 10’ x 10’ area. – 8 points

TV: A 52’’ TV. Once the bombs fall, it’ll be getting nothing but static, but you have a selection of 25 DVDs. – 2 points

Gaming Computer: A next-gen gaming computer of your preferred manufacturer, complete with a 32’’ monitor and 25 Games. After the plague starts, there’ll be no internet to connect to. – 3 points

Netflix: The complete collection. You must have a device to view it on. Once the magic returns, there won’t be any new titles added to the collection. – 16 points

Books: Learning’ you some knowledge. 100 books, on any mixture of topics. How you know how to read. Wait...  – 2 points

Gaming Console: A next-gen gaming console of your preferred manufacturer. 25 games, or ten multiplayer games and an AI to play them with.

Meat Vat: A vat for growing on type of meat of your choice, though the texture is a bit… odd. Produces 1.5 pounds off meat a day. – 7 points

Bedroom: a 10’ x 10’ or larger room, featuring a comfy memory foam bed, an alarm clock, and wardrobe featuring a selection of clothing. – 7 points

Furniture: Up to ten tasteful items of your choice, not including a bed or cooking supplies. – 5 points

Hydroponic Garden: Throughout most of history, fresh fruit was considered a luxury, and now you can have 2 pounds of it, in any combination you like, per day with this 20’ x 20’ space. – 6 points

Baking supplies: Everything you need to make an array of basic baked goods, skills permitting. Includes grain products on tap… somehow. – 5 points

Kitchen: This galley contains everything you need to prepare whatever your skills and ingredients permit. – 4 points

Holographic shooting range: Allows you to practice with any weapon you purchase without using ammo. 10’ x 10’ for range shooting, 20’ x 20’ for a kill house. Use this every day and you’ll be a badass (probably). – 8 points

Gym: Get Prison Ripped. Contains as much exercise equipment as is reasonable for space allocated.  – 8 points

Improved decor: Whatever you like in terms of fittings, walls, ceilings, and floors within reason, as so long as it supplies no mechanical benefit. – 3 points

Survival supplies:

Glock: A Glock handgun of your choosing, with 250 rounds of ammunition. – 7 points/weapon

Shotgun: A Mossberg pump-action combat shotgun, with 250 shells. – 12 points/weapon

M16: Any version of the US combat rifle, with 500 rounds of ammunition. Comes with a cleaning kit and spare parts, but not enough to build another rifle. – 15 points /weapon

Additional ammo: More ammunition for one weapon, as much as you started with – 3 points/purchace

Body Armor: Level IIA protection for your torso and limbs for everyone. – 5 points

Sword: One extremely durable edged weapon, and everything you need to care for it. ­– 1 point/purchace

Survival Kit: Fire starters, flare, compass, thermal blankets, 7 days of MREs, a camp stove, and a radio. ­­– 3 points

Trade goods: Your choice of gold (1 pound), silver (5 pounds), or Crystal Meth (1 pound). Try not to get clubbed over the head and robbed. – 2 points

Youth: The faster you go, the slower you grow. You’re going so fast that when you get out of the bunker, your body is in the prime of its life, in the region of 17-25. – 10 points

Twinborn: Gain a side of Feruchemy. No compounding. Detail here, list of aviable powers here. – 3 points

Bunker Improvements:

Survival supplies:

Mistborn

Companion

Immune System

Youth

Books

Trading Goods (as much gold as I can)

Medkit

Bathroom. 

Holographic Shooting Range.

I think this is under 100. 

Not really sure what is the final goal, but assuming it's only for the sake of it...

I don't think being a mistborn - or any allomancer - would be a good idea. it would be a huge risk at least. you have no certainty that you'll find metals once outside. and if you have no gym and rely on pewter, you'll have to burn pewter just to march one houre without falling on your face - staying 10 years locked will destroy your muscles. so if you can't find metals before you run out of pewter, sucks to be you, you can't even walk around. feruchemy is more reliable, since you can refill your metalmind as much as you want.

So, my pick.

- companion: better to have someone to watch your back, plus it helps spend the time and keep your sanity. Preferrably a girl, will help extra with spending the time and doing exercice (i assume the companion fits me personality-wise; otherwise one of us is going to kill the other sooner or later). 20

- bath: hygiene is needed to stay healty in any case. 8 (28)

- gaming computer and 2X books: that's the main way of spending time in case the buddy is male or in case the buddy is female but i get friendzoned or in case the buddy is female but frigid. While I'd keep some entertainment books, most of them would be encyclopedias and manuals and such. I want to be able to preserve as much of our science and technology as possible. Also I'd fit in the pc all the useful informations that the hard disk can contain, for the same purpose. 7 (35)

- holographic shooting range and gym: I need to be able to care for myself once outside. i certainly cannot afford to fall for exhaustion after marching half an hour, or wasting all my ammos trying to hit the broad side of the barn. 16 (51)

- glock and M16 (extra bullets) and 2 swords: one for me and one for the companion. can't afford 2 M16. swords just in case the ammo run out. 29 (80)

- me and the companion both bloodmakers: seriously, giving feruchemical powers for 3 points? that's extremely cheap. for the effect of immune system and medikit combined. also, 10 years is a lot to store charges. 6 (86)

- rations: 1 month extra food in case we can't find it immediately. 1 (87)

- trade goods: just to have more gold for feruchemy. i intend to store as much as i can during those 10 years. I'd take as much gold as i and the companion can realistically expect to fill, i have no idea how much that would be.

That's it. a bit shy of 100, and while not as powerful as a mistborn, i can deal with pretty much everything i face without having to worry about hard-to-find goods. If I can the companion can't find food after the rations run out in one month, we both deserve to die.

@pir2h: i count 104 on yours

Mistborn

Companion

Immune System

Youth

Books

Trading Goods (as much gold as I can)

Medkit

Bathroom. 

Holographic Shooting Range.

I think this is under 100. 

I hope you like re-reading. You have just under 1 book a month. That might be less than fun.

Not really sure what is the final goal, but assuming it's only for the sake of it...

I don't think being a mistborn - or any allomancer - would be a good idea. it would be a huge risk at least. you have no certainty that you'll find metals once outside. and if you have no gym and rely on pewter, you'll have to burn pewter just to march one houre without falling on your face - staying 10 years locked will destroy your muscles. so if you can't find metals before you run out of pewter, sucks to be you, you can't even walk around. feruchemy is more reliable, since you can refill your metalmind as much as you want.

So, my pick.

- companion: better to have someone to watch your back, plus it helps spend the time and keep your sanity. Preferrably a girl, will help extra with spending the time and doing exercice (i assume the companion fits me personality-wise; otherwise one of us is going to kill the other sooner or later). 20

- bath: hygiene is needed to stay healty in any case. 8 (28)

- gaming computer and 2X books: that's the main way of spending time in case the buddy is male or in case the buddy is female but i get friendzoned or in case the buddy is female but frigid. While I'd keep some entertainment books, most of them would be encyclopedias and manuals and such. I want to be able to preserve as much of our science and technology as possible. Also I'd fit in the pc all the useful informations that the hard disk can contain, for the same purpose. 7 (35)

- holographic shooting range and gym: I need to be able to care for myself once outside. i certainly cannot afford to fall for exhaustion after marching half an hour, or wasting all my ammos trying to hit the broad side of the barn. 16 (51)

- glock and M16 (extra bullets) and 2 swords: one for me and one for the companion. can't afford 2 M16. swords just in case the ammo run out. 29 (80)

- me and the companion both bloodmakers: seriously, giving feruchemical powers for 3 points? that's extremely cheap. for the effect of immune system and medikit combined. also, 10 years is a lot to store charges. 6 (86)

- rations: 1 month extra food in case we can't find it immediately. 1 (87)

- trade goods: just to have more gold for feruchemy. i intend to store as much as i can during those 10 years. I'd take as much gold as i and the companion can realistically expect to fill, i have no idea how much that would be.

That's it. a bit shy of 100, and while not as powerful as a mistborn, i can deal with pretty much everything i face without having to worry about hard-to-find goods. If I can the companion can't find food after the rations run out in one month, we both deserve to die.

@pir2h: i count 104 on yours

Your companion can be whoever you want them to be. I would use the D&D character generation rules to blance them in terms of skills, but really, they can be whatever you want in terms of personality, gender, looks, and so forth.

I think that the only short point of your list is bunker space; 400 square feet is a bit small for 2 people for 10 years, though you have enough points left over to buy extra space once or twice. Even 900 square feet is a lot more breathing room, and I think an entire pound of pure gold could hold a considerable feruchemical charge.

Books: Learning’ you some knowledge. 100 books, on any mixture of topics. How you know how to read. Wait... – 2 points

Gaming Console: A next-gen gaming console of your preferred manufacturer. 25 games, or ten multiplayer games and an AI to play them with. - 3

Mistborn Feruchemist: Rule the night Day as a Feruchemist. Details here. – 35 points

Exactly 100 points. If Feruchemist isn't allowed, then I'll switch to a Bendalloy Compounder, and add more weaponry.

Wow... I am so confused... Here's the list I have drawn so far...

Companion - 20 - I am a talkative person and I do not see myself spending the next 10 years without anyone to talk to. I would also chose a handsome male who knows how to fight to protect me.

Bathroom - 8 - Because, well, washing in a sink for 10 years just sucks....

TV - 2 - I need to chase boredom away

Netflix - 16 - Because I need something to watch on said TV

Books - 6 - That's 300 books I would spend on both entertaining and knowledge with books on medicine and science.

Meat Vat - 7 - Because can food sucks

Bedroom - 10 - Because 10 by 10 will get cramped easily for me and my companion and the wardrobe is appealing.

Baking - 5 - So I can make delicious food for me and my companion.

Kitchen - 4 - So I can actually cook something.

Gym - 8 - To keep myself in shape.

Garden - 6 - Because canned vegetables suck

Survival Kit - 3 - For when I do get out...

Medkit - 5 - Seems usefull

Youth - 10 - This is very appealing... but I would chose to remain between the 27-30 age range as opposed to the 17-25. This is too young. 30 is best. Physically, you rock at 30, much more than at 20 and people actually take you seriously as you look a little older while still being young,.

Misting - 5 - I'd chose to be a coinshot, to defend myself. It seems like the most useful ability to possess.

I am down to 108 and I had to ditch the washer and drier which cost 3. I still haven't got any ammo for my companion, so I dunno..... Maybe I should ditch the companion and get a gun and a shooting range for myself, but I am not a warrior... I am afraid of spiders.................. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Actually, I want to do Feruchemist. Also for my companion. That seems useful. Bathroom, two swords, holographic shooting range. If I have extra, use it for Brandon Sanderson Books. 

Companion:

Name: Jordan (girl)

Personality: Hostile and not very trusting, but loyal and friendly to me. Always by my side. 

Also a Feruchemist.

My husband had an interesting take on this little game... I explained to him the concept of allomancy and after claiming "Magic is dumb, it ruins everything :ph34r: ", he came around with the following plan....

Get a (really hot :rolleyes: ) companion, books about stuff (not stories, but intellectual stuff), the gym, the shooting range, a gun, immunity and turn itself into a soother to keep the companion under control for these 10 years :ph34r:

Suddenly, I have a whole new perception of the man I married :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

My husband had an interesting take on this little game... I explained to him the concept of allomancy and after claiming "Magic is dumb, it ruins everything :ph34r: ", he came around with the following plan....

Get a (really hot :rolleyes: ) companion, books about stuff (not stories, but intellectual stuff), the gym, the shooting range, a gun, immunity and turn itself into a soother to keep the companion under control for these 10 years :ph34r:

Suddenly, I have a whole new perception of the man I married :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Lol. 

I think that the only short point of your list is bunker space; 400 square feet is a bit small for 2 people for 10 years, though you have enough points left over to buy extra space once or twice. Even 900 square feet is a lot more breathing room, and I think an entire pound of pure gold could hold a considerable feruchemical charge.

20 feet*20 feet is 36 square meters. that's slightly bigger than my current apartment, and i'm not using plenty of the space. before that one, i had an 18 square meters apartment, and i fitted just fine. I don't know the exact measures of the student room I had before that, but i doubt it exceeded 5 square meters (albeit with external toilet and kitchen). in the end 20*20 feet for 2 people is just right to me. more would just make it longer to clean. in the end, all the activities i plan to make would only require a bed (a mattress on the ground is fine for that) or a pc. I have my table in front of the bed with the pc on it so that i can seat on the bed while using the pc, so the space required is minimal. I assume the holographical shooting simulator would only entail a visor, a gun and a few sensors, so space occupation is also minimal.

Luckily for me, when i like something i never get tired of it, so rereading books and reusing videogames is fine. I also have a strongly non-confrontational personality, so if I can choose a companion who shares that trait we'll never have any arguments. as I'm also a huge nerd who spends most of his time indoor anyway (I go quite often to visit friends, but then I go in their homes instead). I have a few outdoor passions, but nothing I can't live without. All things considered, spending ten years closed into a 6*6 space with my best friend would actually be quite nice. If I can keep my best friend's personality and put it into a girl... that's close enough to my definition of paradise.

no, if i have to spend some points for comfort, I'd spend them on a kitchen instead. I definitely prefer to cook my own food than take some premade industrial stuff. However, I wouldn't want to reduce my survival chances just for better food.

Books: Learning’ you some knowledge. 100 books, on any mixture of topics. How you know how to read. Wait... – 2 points

Gaming Console: A next-gen gaming console of your preferred manufacturer. 25 games, or ten multiplayer games and an AI to play them with. - 3

Mistborn Feruchemist: Rule the night Day as a Feruchemist. Details here. – 35 points

Exactly 100 points. If Feruchemist isn't allowed, then I'll switch to a Bendalloy Compounder, and add more weaponry.

Not a bad list at all. A bit shot on space, but you could make it work. 10 years is a long time to store stuff, so feruchemist might work, but I might have to jack up the cost, given that you could spend the 10 years storing abribues and watching Netflix or whatever.

Wow... I am so confused... Here's the list I have drawn so far...

Companion - 20 - I am a talkative person and I do not see myself spending the next 10 years without anyone to talk to. I would also chose a handsome male who knows how to fight to protect me.

Bathroom - 8 - Because, well, washing in a sink for 10 years just sucks....

TV - 2 - I need to chase boredom away

Netflix - 16 - Because I need something to watch on said TV

Books - 6 - That's 300 books I would spend on both entertaining and knowledge with books on medicine and science.

Meat Vat - 7 - Because can food sucks

Bedroom - 10 - Because 10 by 10 will get cramped easily for me and my companion and the wardrobe is appealing.

Baking - 5 - So I can make delicious food for me and my companion.

Kitchen - 4 - So I can actually cook something.

Gym - 8 - To keep myself in shape.

Garden - 6 - Because canned vegetables suck

Survival Kit - 3 - For when I do get out...

Medkit - 5 - Seems usefull

Youth - 10 - This is very appealing... but I would chose to remain between the 27-30 age range as opposed to the 17-25. This is too young. 30 is best. Physically, you rock at 30, much more than at 20 and people actually take you seriously as you look a little older while still being young,.

Misting - 5 - I'd chose to be a coinshot, to defend myself. It seems like the most useful ability to possess.

I am down to 108 and I had to ditch the washer and drier which cost 3. I still haven't got any ammo for my companion, so I dunno..... Maybe I should ditch the companion and get a gun and a shooting range for myself, but I am not a warrior... I am afraid of spiders.................. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Iike I've said before, this is suposed to be a difficult series of decisions. I wouldn't ditch the comapnion, as once you get out of the bunker, you might want someone to watch your back. Being a coinshot is debatably better than a weapon, as it provides both defense and doesn't run out of ammo, assuming you can find allomancer's steel, which is probably eaiser to make than modern-quality ammo.

Just one question...

How many points is an honorspren worth?

I'm going to say 25 points, given the behivor limitations needed to mantain the bond (with the possible sitpulation that you can't lash people into space). The you'd have to pay much more to get the Shardblade, though.

That's why I cheated and choose Feruchemist. I have 10 years to store stuff.

I may need to raise the price on Feruchemist. 10 years is a lot of attibutes.

Actually, I want to do Feruchemist. Also for my companion. That seems useful. Bathroom, two swords, holographic shooting range. If I have extra, use it for Brandon Sanderson Books. 

Companion:

Name: Jordan (girl)

Personality: Hostile and not very trusting, but loyal and friendly to me. Always by my side. 

Also a Feruchemist.

Not a bad list. I'll coun't Omnibusses as one book, but you might want something else to do in the bunker.

But don't forget, trading goods as well. As much as possible. I hope that the Feruchemist thing comes with basic metalminds.

The Feruchemist thing comes with the basic combat metalminds, but not any made of precious metals.

You're welcome, I think...

20 feet*20 feet is 36 square meters. that's slightly bigger than my current apartment, and i'm not using plenty of the space. before that one, i had an 18 square meters apartment, and i fitted just fine. I don't know the exact measures of the student room I had before that, but i doubt it exceeded 5 square meters (albeit with external toilet and kitchen). in the end 20*20 feet for 2 people is just right to me. more would just make it longer to clean. in the end, all the activities i plan to make would only require a bed (a mattress on the ground is fine for that) or a pc. I have my table in front of the bed with the pc on it so that i can seat on the bed while using the pc, so the space required is minimal. I assume the holographical shooting simulator would only entail a visor, a gun and a few sensors, so space occupation is also minimal.

Luckily for me, when i like something i never get tired of it, so rereading books and reusing videogames is fine. I also have a strongly non-confrontational personality, so if I can choose a companion who shares that trait we'll never have any arguments. as I'm also a huge nerd who spends most of his time indoor anyway (I go quite often to visit friends, but then I go in their homes instead). I have a few outdoor passions, but nothing I can't live without. All things considered, spending ten years closed into a 6*6 space with my best friend would actually be quite nice. If I can keep my best friend's personality and put it into a girl... that's close enough to my definition of paradise.

no, if i have to spend some points for comfort, I'd spend them on a kitchen instead. I definitely prefer to cook my own food than take some premade industrial stuff. However, I wouldn't want to reduce my survival chances just for better food.

Hey, if you think you can make it work, all the more power to you. Just keep in mind that going outside is not an option until its the only option, then it sucks. Have fun!

Iike I've said before, this is suposed to be a difficult series of decisions. I wouldn't ditch the comapnion, as once you get out of the bunker, you might want someone to watch your back. Being a coinshot is debatably better than a weapon, as it provides both defense and doesn't run out of ammo, assuming you can find allomancer's steel, which is probably eaiser to make than modern-quality ammo.

Yeah I know... The prospect of spending 10 years without anyone to talk too isn't very appealing.... I'm still 8 points too high and I really don't know what I could remove... I guess the bathroom would have to go....... *sigh* This would bring me down to 100 and there is still the issue on how do I arm my companion.... Can he come with his own weapons? I guess I could let 100 books go and get him a sword....

Coinshot sounded like the best choice of weapon for me as it avoids direct confrontation which I would suck at. It also provides an easy escape route by propelling oneself into the air. I also agree allomancer steel would probably be easy to find in our post-apocalyptic world.

Earlier you said something about spending more time in the bunker and get more points? Could you explain the rules? I'd really like to get this bathroom, I do not want to let go of any of the food because healthy food is the basis for a healthy life and I really should buy something for my companion... I was thinking either a sword or perhaps allomancy... It could make him a lurcher to complement my coinshot ability. Together with a sword, I need an extra 7 points for my companion.......... Plus 8 for the bathroom....

I don't want to spare the bedroom as well..... It increases the size of the bunker and it comes with clothes :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: That's got to be useful.... That being said, getting rid of Netflix would :ph34r: give enough points for everything else.... but how boring can a life without anything to watch but 25 DVD for 10 years be???

This is really really hard :angry: :angry:

My husband has a much easier time with it.... Does not care for a bedroom, nor for a bathroom, nor for Netflix, nor for enhanced food................... :rolleyes:

Earlier you said something about spending more time in the bunker and get more points? Could you explain the rules? I'd really like to get this bathroom, I do not want to let go of any of the food because healthy food is the basis for a healthy life and I really should buy something for my companion... I was thinking either a sword or perhaps allomancy... It could make him a lurcher to complement my coinshot ability. Together with a sword, I need an extra 7 points for my companion.......... Plus 8 for the bathroom....

I don't want to spare the bedroom as well..... It increases the size of the bunker and it comes with clothes :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: That's got to be useful.... That being said, getting rid of Netflix would :ph34r: give enough points for everything else.... but how boring can a life without anything to watch but 25 DVD for 10 years be???

This is really really hard :angry: :angry:

My husband has a much easier time with it.... Does not care for a bedroom, nor for a bathroom, nor for Netflix, nor for enhanced food................... :rolleyes:

The rules for extra points are simple: 1 year = 10 points or 1 month = 1 point on easy mode.

Keep in mind that while your husband might have a easy time of it now, you're probably taking a more realistic look at the situituion. It's easy to say you don't want netflix now, but after five years, you probably will...

In other news, Gundum has moblie suits, Metal Gear has Gears, and Pacific Rim had Jeagers. I need to think of a cool name for a class of Giant Robots. Mistborn References allowed.

The rules for extra points are simple: 1 year = 10 points or 1 month = 1 point on easy mode.

Keep in mind that while your husband might have a easy time of it now, you're probably taking a more realistic look at the situituion. It's easy to say you don't want netflix now, but after five years, you probably will...

In other news, Gundum has moblie suits, Metal Gear has Gears, and Pacific Rim had Jeagers. I need to think of a cool name for a class of Giant Robots. Mistborn References allowed.

So I need to stay 2 extra years to get my bathroom and combat gear for my companion.... This is really tough. It's easy now to say I would not care about staying two more years, but once how would I feel about it after 10 years?

Question.  Does buying the rooms increase the size of the bunker as many have been saying or does it take up existing room?

My bunker stats:

Companion: A loyal compatriot with whom to spend your confinement, who will brave the horrors of the burn-out world by your side (unless you manage to alienate them). Design them like you would an RPG character. – 20 points

Gym: Get Prison Ripped. Contains as much exercise equipment as is reasonable for space allocated.  – 8 points

Bathroom: A well-appointed bathroom, featuring a shower and bathtub with hot running water, an unlimited supply of body wash, shampoo, and deodorant, and a nicer toilet. Occupies a 10’ x 10’ area. – 8 points

Bedroom: a 10’ x 10’ or larger room, featuring a comfy memory foam bed, an alarm clock, and wardrobe featuring a selection of clothing. – 7 points

Meat Vat: A vat for growing on type of meat of your choice, though the texture is a bit… odd. Produces 1.5 pounds off meat a day. – 7 points

Kitchen: This galley contains everything you need to prepare whatever your skills and ingredients permit. – 4 points

More Space: Each time this option is purchased, the dimensions of your cell increase by 10 feet on each side. It’s still bare concrete, though.  4 points x2

Gaming Console: A next-gen gaming console of your preferred manufacturer. 25 games, or ten multiplayer games and an AI to play them with. – 3 points

Youth: The faster you go, the slower you grow. You’re going so fast that when you get out of the bunker, your body is in the prime of its life, in the region of 17-25. – 10 points

Misting: Eat metal, gain powers. Pewterarm – 5 points

Twinborn: Gain a side of Feruchemy. Steelrunner – 3 points

Sword: One extremely durable edged weapon, and everything you need to care for it. ­– 1 point/purchase x2

Body Armor: Level IIA protection for your torso and limbs for everyone. – 5 points

Medkit: Contains everything needed to heal most wounds and aliments. – 5 points

MREs: 1 month worth for everyone. – 1 point/purchase. x2

Survival Kit: Fire starters, flare, compass, thermal blankets, 7 days of MREs, a camp stove, and a radio. ­­– 3 points

Total Points = 100

Total Room Size: 40' x 40' (20' x 20' Meat Vat/Kitchen, 20' x 20' Gym, 20' x 20' Bedroom, 10' x 10' Bathroom and 10' x 30' Living room)

A pair of Steelrunner/Pewterarm twinborns would make my team almost unbeatable in close range combat.  Add in the swords and body armor and we could take want we want instead of trading.  Even coinshots would have a hard time hitting someone with 10 years of speed stored.  :D

10 years with Meat Vat and Kitchen = 5475 pounds of beef jerky.

Twinborn: Gain a side of Feruchemy. No compoundingDetail here, list of aviable powers here. – 3 points

Sorry Joe, but no compounding allowed

Edit:  Exchanged extra youth for Bedroom and survival kit.

Edit 2:  Added room sizes.

Edited by Alvron

Oh crap... Do I need to buy youth for my companion as well? And how about stuff like rasor for male and huh feminine stuff for women? And how does the bunker deal with birth control :ph34r: I mean, what if you or your companion gets pregnant :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Sorry for putting a touch of gruesome reality in there :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I need 200 points :ph34r:

Oh crap... Do I need to buy youth for my companion as well? And how about stuff like rasor for male and huh feminine stuff for women? And how does the bunker deal with birth control :ph34r: I mean, what if you or your companion gets pregnant :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

You see this as a problem? Clearly this means "bonus companions, for free." :ph34r