I've seen very little pattern in mine. I think my highest-ranking posts are the newest Backtrack POV and the post where Aldo tells the Tennessee Sibyl story. Posts from The Dalles are garnering more upvotes, however, so I suspect Voidus is on to something with his theory. Maybe after the CorpseMaker war we should do a time skip and start a new thread, just so new members will be more likely to read and upvote enjoy our posts. :P

Samantha Trattner. Probably my favorite character to write, but also the one I seem to enjoy inflicting pain on the most. She really needs a happy ending. Though a happy ending may come at a price, with an unstable necromancer going to visit her mother...  :unsure:  :ph34r:

I liked the church massacre scene. It was dreadful, but in a good way. If that makes sense. :P

Agreed. The more upvotes enjoyment we can get out of each thread, the better. :P 

If/when Funtimes finds out about this, she may write a new song. 

Deck Lightwards out with gasoline

Falalalalalalala

Strike a match and watch it gleam 

Falalalalalala

Watch the jerk burn down to ashes 

Falalalalalala

Now aren't you glad you played with matches? 

Falalalalala

Yeah. He should be glad Funtimes never met the woman and doesn't know who her daughter is.  :unsure:

I too hope she gets a happy ending. Jeez. She's been through enough crap already, and now her mom is going to be visited by the second worst person in Portland (second only to Nighthound). :P Then again, with the stuff I've written into Remington's backstory….I can't really judge. :P 

No, that makes sense. And thanks. :) 

If he can, I'd like to keep him as far away from Upgrade as possible for most of the RP. Or else he could simply pop through history and assassinate Milton Towren, Thomas Cardinal, and whoever Funtimes was before they got their powers. :o

(Just a small observation: my last Dalles post has eight upvotes. Eight! I mean... wow. I've written much better posts that scarcely got a solid two upvotes. I'm not quite sure what's so lovable about Backtrack being The Woobie.  :huh:  :P )

I'm going to go with a no for that, just so he can't do anything like that. Everything he's done in the past has already happened. 

Wow Mail-mi, That was an Awesome Post. I'll have CorpseMaker greet him in an Hour or three.

And Twi, you have access to the Doc, just like Mailliw.

You can have Electro come back when you post that too. And the Reckoners/Gordon need to respond.

I'm all for a new thread. ;)

The Trattners have gained a huge amount of respect from me.

Guys, just know that when you see Quasar, he is a Lightwards plus Nighthound level jerk with close-to-Koschei level evilness thrown in. Not a happy fellow.

Kobold, I'm writing Frequency's entrance post and I'm wondering does Vondra have checkpoints to enter the city?

Twi, how long ago was Koschei killed again?

You can have Electro come back when you post that too. And the Reckoners/Gordon need to respond.

Guys, just know that when you see Quasar, he is a Lightwards plus Nighthound level jerk with close-to-Koschei level evilness thrown in. Not a happy fellow.

Kobold, I'm writing Frequency's entrance post and I'm wondering does Vondra have checkpoints to enter the city?

And we can call it "What Else Happened in Portland." :P

Um... thanks? :) Usually I'd feel hesitant about people building up audience expectations about how evil this guy is... but in this case, his actions are truly despicable enough to warrant it. :o

Yes. There are checkpoints and watchtowers all over the place. And each of these checkpoints is guarded by heavily armed men with anti-aircraft weaponry. Arsenal's outfitted all the entrance points with state-of-the-art defense technology, and by that I mean a whole lot of guns.

Two years. When in-game time reaches early January, it will have been exactly two years.

Two years. When in-game time reaches early January, it will have been exactly two years.

What month/day is it in the game anyway?

EDIT: also, I think I'm going to contact the Steelheart dictionary people and ask them to change the definition of slontze to "Reader."

Edited by mail-mi

And we can call it "What Else Happened in Portland." :P

Um... thanks? :) Usually I'd feel hesitant about people building up audience expectations about how evil this guy is... but in this case, his actions are truly despicable enough to warrant it. :o

Yes. There are checkpoints and watchtowers all over the place. And each of these checkpoints is guarded by heavily armed men with anti-aircraft weaponry. Arsenal's outfitted all the entrance points with state-of-the-art defense technology, and by that I mean a whole lot of guns.

Fun. ;) I'll have to figure out a way for Frequency to get past that. He can deflect bullets, but enough of them and it would be too hard. Would any of the checkpoints have been called to help Outpost Zeta?

Okay. What did we decide it was? Early Fall?

What month/day is it in the game anyway?

EDIT: also, I think I'm going to contact the Steelheart dictionary people and ask them to change the definition of slontze to "Reader."

Fun. ;) I'll have to figure out a way for Frequency to get past that. He can deflect bullets, but enough of them and it would be too hard. Would any of the checkpoints have been called to help Outpost Zeta?

Okay. What did we decide it was? Early Fall?

Mid-fall, I think. Early enough that it's not threatening snow, but late enough that there would be enough dead leaves on the trees for Funtimes to make it rain pancakes. So I'd say….October to early November. 

Probably, but only a few. They're pretty paranoid about leaving the entrances to the city unguarded. Even if some of the guards were sent to help the outpost, there'd still be sentries present at the checkpoints.

The only things left, I think, are the meeting and then we can have the MEE attacks and night.

Does anyone have any reason not to cut to the meeting now?

Well, Lightwards and Lucentia are still under way.

Double, post cause woah.

If you guys had access to the doc that Joe and Kobold are using to plan something, you would have a ton more respect for and be way more impressed with Sam and what she's gone through.

Great now I´m curious.

Thanks. I try hard to give my characters Emotionally Scarring™ backstories. :P

But yeah. As she herself would say, "Epics are homicidal slontzes. Every sparking one of them."

I'll start posting her flashbacks really soon. And my next post, which should be posted sometime in the next hour or so, has a viewpoint from Sam's mother.

Interestingly enough, my only characters without tragic backstories are the clearly villanous Jägers, so I´m not one to talk on this. ;)

New Timeport and Mommy post. Timeport kind of has to see Upgrade in the new future, as Upgrade removes his limit on traveling to the past. 

(Note: Timeport+upgrade=ACTUAL LIVING (NOT BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE, BUT LIVING) DINOSAURS IN PORTLAND!)

The only porblem that I see is that the power up stops working if he loses contact with Upgrade, so traveling back in time might seriously screw him over, also as a personal request, please create as little time paradoxes as possible.

(Just a small observation: my last Dalles post has eight upvotes. Eight! I mean... wow. I've written much better posts that scarcely got a solid two upvotes. I'm not quite sure what's so lovable about Backtrack being The Woobie.  :huh:  :P )

Yeah, upvotes are weird, although the suffering of characters usually helps.

Oh, Lucentia, Lightwards thought, setting his jaw. I'm going to have to kill you.

As ambitious as always I see. :P

Reader pulled the pistol out from under his desk and shot the man in the forehead, right between the eyes.

Is Vondra going to let him get away with this? If so, I just lost a lot of respect for the man.

Is Vondra going to let him get away with this? If so, I just lost a lot of respect for the man.

0.o

No. Vondra will not let him get away with this. Epics thinking themselves above the law, killing whomever they please... yikes. Reader basically just signed his own death warrant.  :blink: He'd better be really good at talking his way out of trouble.

Yikes. That was not one of Reader's more well-informed decisions.

0.o

No. Vondra will not let him get away with this. Epics thinking themselves above the law, killing whomever they please... yikes. Reader basically just signed his own death warrant.  :blink: He'd better be really good at talking his way out of trouble.

What would the other soldiers do? Take it up with Vondra or would they take action immediately?

0.o

With a lot of terminator friendly soldiers just outside the door that know he just signed his death warrant? I doubt it. Just to be safe I propse pausing the Dalles until Mail-Mi had a chance to state his opinion on the further actions with Reader (probalby death) or if he wants to edit that post.

With a lot of terminator friendly soldiers just outside the door that know he just signed his death warrant? I doubt it. Just to be safe I propse pausing the Dalles until Mail-Mi had a chance to state his opinion on the further actions with Reader (probalby death) or if he wants to edit that post.

That seems like a good idea to me. The post is really awesome, but it's a bit of a game-changer.

Perhaps we need to set up clearer guidelines for what is and isn't permitted by Vondra's government. I'll try to get on that tomorrow--it's 1:00 A.M. here, and I'm about to pass out.

Maybe shooting him in the arm would be toeing the line a bit more? Like, it's certainly not allowed, but not instant-visit-to-the-firing-squad worthy?

I think he'd face heavy penalties, but not execution. He'd probably be confined to a cell (without wine) for a month or so.