School. I won't have more than five mins to read through and make a post at any point till 6 o clock, then I have HW. Chase has been cleared in my mind because no forgotten would use LoF or LoW night 1, especially when they weren't on the list for LoWs... I'm not suspicious of Jain right now, he's playing normally. Also, a breaker right at the end of the cycle would have been suspicious, 

Oh wait... Just thought of something. Jain hasn't made his customary Grr! Team good again ! post yet. Strange.

Thanks for the reply. Removing my vote from Ashiok. Now, not sure who to vote for again, other than to place it back onto Chase and hope he doesn't just give a reaction vote and nothing else like last time.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Chase sat up straighter, indignant. Then she shrugged. The others did not know enough to know who to accuse, so now it would be speculation. Chase stood up, and walked off, looking for someone doing something suspicious. Her eyes threw a glance sneaking back. Probably nothing. Probably. Either way, she did not trust Dig more than she did not trust Wyatt.

Well... Technically that was once. Most times you make the rant, it turns true, and it's not suspicious to anybody who's played with you before. This way is sorta suspicious... Just saying.

I'm starting to think Ashiok doesn't read posts... <_<

I've already brought up this exact thing.

Onto Analysis! I'm moving Ashiok out of My Trusted List, and into my Neutral/Suspicious List. The Way he's been posting makes it seem like he hasn't been reading the Thread much, just voting for who somebody Else tells him to. As such, My vote is on him for today.

@Chase: Your RP is admirable. But it would be better if you told us why you're voting the way you are, rather than just Saying you're Suspicious. You also don't need to retract your votes from the previous Day.

It seems that there are five players people seem to be directing the majority of their suspicions towards over the last couple cycles. Rlint, Chase, Roddy, Joel and Jain.

Rlint threw the last vote for Dui on the day he was lynched. Depending on how Meta understood Maill's plan, he may have also been Meta's target the night Meta died.

Chase has been making a few strange decisions, and keeping her posts confined almost exclusively to RP, making her difficult to read. However, she's also a new player, so things can be excused, to a point.

Roddy has been acting a little inconsistent, and ignoring some things that he maybe shouldn't be. He also would have been Maill's target the night he died. He does claim to be very busy with school though, so once again, we can be lenient, to a point.

Joel has been acting somewhat unusually, trying to take charge and doing a fair bit more analysis than usual. Some of his analysis has been vague and obviously biased. He has at least been trying to provoke discussion though, and putting himself out there to the point he has would be dangerous for an Eliminator, especially when they are already down one of their number. This most definitely does not discount him, however.

As for Jain, he has been pointed out as suspicious for the same reasons he is always pointed out as being suspicious. Namely, his consistently inconsistent and changeable playstyle.

At the moment, my greatest suspicions are on Rlint and Roddy.

Edited by AonarFaileas

I am going to put a vote on Chase, she really hasn't contributed very much at this point and I agree that it is a bit frustrating she is only using RP and not explaining her own actions. Maybe being the current selection for the lynch will provoke a more comprehensive response.

Edited by Araris Valerian

It seems that there are five people seem to be directing the majority of their suspicions towards over the last couple cycles. Rlint, Chase, Roddy, Joel and Jain.

<Words>

Chase has been making a few strange decisions, and keeping his posts confined almost exclusively to RP, making him difficult to read. However, he's also a new player, so things can be excused, to a point.

<Words>

Joel has been acting somewhat unusually, trying to take charge and doing a fair bit more analysis than usual. Some of his analysis has been vague and obviously biased. He has at least been trying to provoke discussion though, and putting himself out there to the point he has would be dangerous for an Eliminator, especially when they are already down one of their number. This most definitely does not discount him, however.

<Words>

Could you rephrase that First Sentence? I can't tell if you're saying they're the Most Suspicios, or casting the Most Suspicions.

Chase is a She, as she has said before.

The Last couple of Games (All of them) I Haven't helped much. Being out there and active, but mainly following the crowd. This time I'm actually trying to Help.

EDIT: Just a Reminder for Current LoM/LoW Assignments:

Lines of Warding:

1. (The Only Joe) Joel, a Long time soldier at Nebrask
  2. (Araris Valerian) Tavi, a troublesome, but bright young man.
  3. (Alvron) Ronald, a Short man with White hair and piercing blue eyes.
  4. (AonarFaileas) Aaron, a Graduate of Académie de Montréal.
  5. (Tulir) Rlint, a Dirty Conner a Policeman.
  6. (Lightsworn Panda) Jain, a new Soldier.

Lines of Making:

1. (Wyrmhero) Wyatt, a Senior Soldier
  2. (Kasimir) Samuel Kessen, a man who hates the JoSeun way of life.
  3. (Gamma Fiend) Dig, a Digger.
  4. (pir2h) Chase Tearing, a Rithamantic Murderer.
  5. (Twelvethrootoftwo) Tory Farth, a man who exists
  6. (Ashiok) Roddy, A Baseball Coach

Also Jain, who did you Target Last Cycle? You Were Number 7. You didn't have a Counterpart to Target.

Edited by The Only Joe

1. Haven't voted yet at all

2. Didn't check to see if anybody posted between the night and cycle 3 because there was no vote change. Isn't that when that whole thing went down or am I just sleep deprived

3. I'm sleep deprived. Good night.

Apologies for being less active than usual. I've finally found the time and energy to sit down and have a proper look over the game. As such, this post will backtrack a little.

We seem to have settled on a workable Line of Warding pattern of alternating teams. I'm entirely happy with this; even if the divisions are (largely) known, there's enough of a buffer that the Forgotten would need to go far out of their way to force a chalking kill.

In the previous cycle, Araris argued that we should use less, to allow for more Lines of Making and to get more information when/if the chalkings break through. How would this information be gathered? If we use a specific group, it becomes difficult to distinguish between a misbehaving Forgotten, a Non-Rithmatist, and someone hit by a Line of Vigour. If we don't use a specific group, we can't draw solid conclusions about any one player, because (at least at the time of warding) there's an inherent uncertainty in the number of wards that will actually be used.

I'm not particularly suspicious of Rlint. In my opinion, the late-vote-on-eliminator argument has come up often enough in previous games that it becomes (to use Joe's terminology) a 'neutral' action.

Chase has received quite a lot of suspicion for her RP posts. Asking for more clarity is fine, but if she were in fact an Eliminator, I expect her team would have asked her to be more specific in her posts. The fact she's held suspicion for so long really suggests to me that she's innocent.

The idea of killing an opposite number is interesting. The idea being that all the loose ends are tied up - no need for the killer (or potentially a LoV user) to fake a Line of Making result or explain a lack of a protective line. This doesn't quite work if we read the cycle 2 writeup as Dui doing the killing, though, since he was paired with Tavi.

edit: more blue

Edited by twelfthrootoftwo

I'm still hoping that Chase will give us a reason for suspicions, even if its just getting people to say stuff, but I'm going to remove the vote because I feel I've wasted a little too much time on that. I do note that we haven't heard from Kas this Cycle yet, and even though he said he was busy, it has been almost 24 hours since then. From what I can tell from our conversational PMs, he isn't online much at the moment. We also haven't heard from Gamma yet, despite the fact that he's definitely been online. I think I will vote for Kas for the moment, since Gamma's already got a vote on him.

The idea of killing an opposite number is interesting. The idea being that all the loose ends are tied up - no need for the killer (or potentially a LoV user) to fake a Line of Making result or explain a lack of a protective line. This doesn't quite work if we read the cycle 2 writeup as Dui doing the killing, though, since he was paired with Tavi.

I would doubt that killing opposites is what is going on, considering this would be one of the first things that we would think of. Although, admittedly, it's quite possible we'd immediately dismiss it out-of-hand, and the Forgotten are taking advantage of that. At the same time though, I don't think Meta's death tells us that they're not doing that, considering Meta is a dangerous player, or perhaps it just means that the plan was developed afterwards. And even if it is what they're trying, noticing that fact may have changed their plans.

Sorry, I think I've second-guessed a little too much there. I think there's still not quite enough information to come to a conclusion there, but their reaction could perhaps tell us something (although figuring out if it's a reaction may be a little difficult). It will be interesting to see which 'half' of the players get attacked this Cycle. I think that will be more important than anything else, at this stage in the game, as it could suggest which side they're on, or their overall plans at least with regards to how we're setting the camp defences up.

Edited by Wyrmhero

I'm back from the doctor, in a great deal of pain (probably an 8 on the scale of 10 with 10 being 'STORM MY LIFE!' and 1 being 'Hurrah, all's super!), and with an army of painkillers and muscle relaxants. I am not going to be useful for the rest of this cycle, and what's more, it's not really my priority at the moment. Sorry about that.

What I am going to do is to take the painkillers, swallow the muscle relaxants, sleep, and hope to Braize the pain stops (could be RSI...) before my misery level rises any further.

Goodbye.

Yeah, I've been on and checking, but I did mention in my sign-up, I do have way less time to be constantly active. annnnnd I am about to be late-fall camping for a day or two, over the weekend, so I will be way-afk. Hopefully my inactivity doesn't get me killed while I am gone, but if so, I would completely understand.

One quick thing, Joe, I don't think  I ever actually agreed to that there list of who is doing what. Nor do I think everybody else did. That was why I proposed my plan, so the Forgotten can't exactly know who is defended or not. Or at least that's how I'm going to be playing it, honestly.

Also, now that we know that we've had enough people doing the LoW alternating, some (as in only a couple at a time, somehow), people can start hunting for Forgotten with the Role-block Line Action (can't remember the name at the moment). Now that the Forgotten are still down 1, and we still have a decent advantage over 2 or 3 of them, the risk Chalkling kills is less severe if the role-blocks mishit. But on the other hand, when somebody does prevent a kill, the person can even immediately come forward with the results, because they'll be able to protect themselves with the Line of Forbiddance the cycle they come forward.

Thanks for dropping in, Kas. Removing my vote, despite wishing for a bit of a better contribution, because it won't really go anywhere since you probably won't be replying again this Cycle. Hope you feel better soon.

Also, now that we know that we've had enough people doing the LoW alternating, some (as in only a couple at a time, somehow), people can start hunting for Forgotten with the Role-block Line Action (can't remember the name at the moment). Now that the Forgotten are still down 1, and we still have a decent advantage over 2 or 3 of them, the risk Chalkling kills is less severe if the role-blocks mishit. But on the other hand, when somebody does prevent a kill, the person can even immediately come forward with the results, because they'll be able to protect themselves with the Line of Forbiddance the cycle they come forward.

That's not entirely true though, is it? Because the Forgotten would just need to Vigor and Kill that Cycle to take them out (assuming that there is a point to killing them at all, other than them being confirmed Rithmatists). While the fact that someone reveals that they have prevented a kill is not putting them into danger, the question then becomes 'what happens if multiple people LoV?'. The more people who switch, the less defend us, and the more likely we are to have multiple people claim to have hit someone with a LoV. Even if we do stop a Forgotten this way, we could have three or four targets to lynch. It narrows it down quite a bit, certainly, but it's not as immediately useful as it at first appears.

For now, I'm going to ask Rulit and Joel why they voted for Jain last Cycle. As I said before, Jain doesn't seem like he should have provoked a potential lynch there. One vote yes, but two?

• Rulit also voted for Jain because he hadn't posted, then shortly after when Jain did post, Rulit didn't remove it. In fact, Jain posted twice, and considering the time when Rulit voted for Dui, there should have been more than enough time for him to retract that vote. So I'd like to know why that was not removed.
  • Joel however I am more suspicious of, because his argument was basically that Jain seemed to be playing less erratically than usual, after multiple games in which Jain has said he wants to be taken more seriously as a player. I just find it interesting that he has conveniently forgotten that. Jain could be playing a long game, of course, but I am doubtful.
Edited by Wyrmhero

For now, I'm going to ask Rulit and Joel why they voted for Jain last Cycle. As I said before, Jain doesn't seem like he should have provoked a potential lynch there. One vote yes, but two?

• Rulit also voted for Jain because he hadn't posted, then shortly after when Jain did post, Rulit didn't remove it. In fact, Jain posted twice, and considering the time when Rulit voted for Dui, there should have been more than enough time for him to retract that vote. So I'd like to know why that was not removed.

Yes, I was on and could have switched my vote off for someone else, but I didn't.  I chose not too because Jain keeps on popping up in my list of suspicions, so I decided to keep the vote on him.  I'm not sure how I feel now that the result was a tie, somehow I missed that last cycle.  

Current Votes:

Gamma(1): pir2h

Ashiok(1): The Only Joe

Tulir(1): Aonar

pir2h(1): Araris

The Only Joe(2): Gamma and Wyrm.

@Gamma: No one that I can find Completely agreed with Mailliw's Plan, but enough of us went along with it that it worked. And now that Mailliw's Innocence has been confirmed, we know it wasn't a plot by the forgotten to get more of them on one day or the other. And your plan was literally just have everyone who didn't make a line of warding make one. That could work, but Then we'd have no way to confirm whether or not everyone participated, though the lines of Making. If we all follow the Schedule, and report on what our counterpart did, we can find out who isn't doing protection on the right days. Which could lead us to another Forgotten.

@Wyrm: I voted for Jain because he didn't do his Customary Rant. That's all. I know he's a Semi-skilled player, when he put his mind to it. He proved that at the end of the Kandra Game. I also no longer consider his Erraticness to be his 'Normal' mode of play. And I just have a gut feeling. I'm still suspicious of him. I'm just more suspicious of Ashiok.

EDIT: I'm leaving in an Hour to go Camping, so I won't be able to defend myself Further. There's a good chance I'll by Lynched today, so I'm just going to give you my Suspicions. Jain and Ashiok for the Reasons I have said. I think the third Forgotten is either Araris or Gamma. At this point, If I changed my Vote to either of them, I would merely tie up the Votes. So I won't. What I will do is Reveal that I am in fact the Sentry. I expect to be killed for that tonight or tommorow, as I used a Line of Forbiddance yesterday. Wyrm, please take you vote off me, or you'll be playing into their Hands.

Edited by The Only Joe

EDIT: I'm leaving in an Hour to go Camping, so I won't be able to defend myself Further. There's a good chance I'll by Lynched today, so I'm just going to give you my Suspicions. Jain and Ashiok for the Reasons I have said. I think the third Forgotten is either Araris or Gamma. At this point, If I changed my Vote to either of them, I would merely tie up the Votes. So I won't. What I will do is Reveal that I am in fact the Sentry. I expect to be killed for that tonight or tommorow, as I used a Line of Forbiddance yesterday. Wyrm, please take you vote off me, or you'll be playing into their Hands.

The question here then is whether or not Joel is claiming to be the Sentry legitimately or not. It's not a role we can test for, so it's a safe role to claim. It could just be that Joel wants to avoid being lynched by claiming that. But at the same time, we can't just lynch him to test that, since it's a more and more vital role as we continue on with the game, so we must scrutinise this claim.

• He voted for Jain in both Cycle 1 and 2, and Ashiok this Cycle. Now, I've already said that I didn't like his reasoning for voting for Jain, and now I'm wondering if his gut is a Forsaken Forgotten.
  • His vote for Ashiok is, in my opinion, a bit more solid. Ashiok has not contributed much to discussions, and has not voted yet, I believe. That is starting to add up a little bit in my mind.
  • He has also pretty clearly laid out his suspicions earlier on, which is good. There could perhaps be some misdirection in his grouping of trust/don't trust, but it would be a pretty big risk to try that, I think.

Is it worth enough of a risk of a Sentry (perhaps our only one) to kill a Forgotten? In this case... I don't think so. Joel doesn't yet strike me as a Forgotten in an obvious manner. Don't let me be the only one to think about this though - It would be dangerous to simply take him at his word without considering it.

Honestly, at the moment I don't know who to vote for. I may feel different in the morning, but I think there's still a lot of discussion to be had over the next fifteen-or-so hours. I'll reassess the situation then. For now... We haven't heard from Will this Cycle.

Edit: ...Of course we haven't heard from Will this Cycle. My defence is that it's late >>. Leaving that mistake there for posterity. We haven't heard from Roland yet this Cycle, but I'm not suspicious of him at the moment, due to his actions on the first Cycle. Hmm... I would still like to hear Chase's reasonings for voting as she has so far.

Edited by Wyrmhero

So... The people on the chopping block right now are me, Chase, and Joe, right?

Me: I'm not being suspicious, trust me? That's the best I've got. Other than the obvious (I viewed Chase and found protection... Which also semi-clears Chase in my mind. Why would a Forsaken assigned to chalkling duty make a LoF or LoW? It's not like she'd be attacked by a Scholar t1...) Problem there is that y'all would have to take my word for it.

Chase: See above. The only reason to lynch her is that she hasn't been very useful so far. I'm 90% certain she's not a forgotten. 

Joel: Well... I dunno. "Oh, I'm [role that is important yet unverifiable]. Please don't kill me because if you do, the forgotten will get what they want." Seems like a gambit to me. Also, if he's gonna die tonight, it doesn't really matter if we lynch him, does it? Just a thought.

Bonus Round!!!

Jain: He's not playing like he usually does. And there are two possible reasons. 1. he decided to join the rational people (unlikely)

2. He's finally team evil (SUPER LIKELY)

I'm leaning towards Joel right now, but I'll view whichever of Jain or Joe isn't lynched tonight.

Me: I'm not being suspicious, trust me? That's the best I've got. Other than the obvious (I viewed Chase and found protection... Which also semi-clears Chase in my mind. Why would a Forsaken assigned to chalkling duty make a LoF or LoW? It's not like she'd be attacked by a Scholar t1...) Problem there is that y'all would have to take my word for it.

That isn't the best way you can prove your alignment, Ash. Chase never confirmed it.

Chase: See above. The only reason to lynch her is that she hasn't been very useful so far. I'm 90% certain she's not a forgotten. 

Chase knew she would be scanned that night, since we've set up a rotation of people to scan their counterparts. She could have set up that line to feign innocence. 

Joel: Well... I dunno. "Oh, I'm [role that is important yet unverifiable]. Please don't kill me because if you do, the forgotten will get what they want." Seems like a gambit to me. Also, if he's gonna die tonight, it doesn't really matter if we lynch him, does it? Just a thought.

I can't seem to find a right word to describe what Joe could be doing right now. Put it simply, it's a bit like trying to reverse-psychology the Eliminartors. You publicly open yourself up for a kill, which sort of discourages the Eliminators. It's what I did in the last days of Game 8. It's a gambit, though, and a risky one for both sides.

Bonus Round!!!

Jain: He's not playing like he usually does. And there are two possible reasons. 1. he decided to join the rational people (unlikely)

2. He's finally team evil (SUPER LIKELY)

I'm leaning towards Joel right now, but I'll view whichever of Jain or Joe isn't lynched tonight.

Look at Wyrm's post. Look at the end of Game 8.

Ash, you've given me reason to suspect you and Chase.

You've defended Chase quite a bit, even though you never tried to defend someone as much in previous games. Now, this can easily be seen as an act of charity for a new player.

What is funny, though, is the fact that when you revealed that you had scanned Chase, she didn't react at all to you. Chase counter-voted Wyrm when he voted for her, which shows that she is a bit of an agressive or paranoid player. But strangely enough, she didn't respond to the scanning. She didn't even mention you in her RP. Strange

Admittedly, she did vote for you on the first cycle, but she quickly changed it, for no reason at all. Strange

Finally, Chase protected something out of turn, and she never explained why.

Sufficient evidence, in my view, for me to vote for Chase. However, it happens to be near the end of the cycle, and if I do vote for her and as a result lynch her, then I will be branded as a band-wagonner and a possible Eliminator, since I made a late vote, and therefore be possibly voted. But if I don't then we have a tie, and thus miss out on an opportunity to lynch an Eliminatr. What a quandary. 

Oh well. In the name of (Self-Righteous) Justice, and as the Hand of Inquisition, Chase.

Edit: Colour

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

@Jain On cycle 1, Chase was supposed to be scanning, not warding. That's why I was confused. I was the odd person out that time, so I scanned somebody who I was suspicious of. Chase. Turns out she wasn't using chalklings. IDK what was up with that. She wasn't supposed to be scanned that night, but she was (Was I not supposed to do that?)

Also, whenever I contribute useful discussion beyond giving information, I have a tendency to be lynched that day. Just saying...

Oh. I just did the math for forgotten and chalklings, and I do not like those numbers if Joe dies. Whoops. I guess we give him the benefit of the doubt this cycle, and we'll see what goes on from there?

Actually, Ash, creating a Line of Warding/Forbiddance is a great idea for the Forgotten, if they don't think they can get away with forcing a wild chalkling kill. It prevents them from being discovered by rithmatists, like yourself, who are drawing chalklings. If fact, if I were the Forgotten, I would probably be alternating kills with Lines of Forbiddance, assuming that there are only two left (and the same player cannot make consecutive kills). This would still apply the first cycle, seeing how Dui had gone inactive.

Given that you are one of my top suspects at the moment, I find this rather weak defence more than a little suspect as well.

Perhaps the even better question, that I'm surprised no one has bothered asking, is this: why did you target Chase? You shouldn't have had anything return from your chalkling, whether she had been a Forgotten using Vigor/Killing, or a rithmatist using Making. That means you had absolutely no motivation for Seeking her, other than "finding her suspicious." When you apply this in context and realize that you wouldn't have learned anything from your action, this seems incredibly silly. In fact, an non-standard result would only seem to confirm Chase's innocence, seeing how LoW/F aren't useful to the Forgotten the first cycle. 

This leaves us with three options. Either, A) You're an Artist, B, you're a Forgotten, or C) you didn't read the rules for Lines of Making. Right at the moment, I'm guessing Forgotten. However, Chase has more votes, and if she's a Forgotten, you probably are, and vice versa, so that vote works for me. Rlint.

Falaise was looking glum, slowly rubbing a piece of chalk between his fingers. "Dusts. They seem to have found others to suspect." He sighed shrugged his shoulders. "Well, there's always the Forgotten, I suppose. Not quite as satisfying, but justice will still be served." 

Aaron shook his head and looked around, making sure no one was nearby. "Can it, Falaise. I still don't know what the heck you're talking about. I never did anything to you. I figured I just made you up."

"I'm no less real than you are. With the number of lies you've spun about yourself, I'm probably more." Falaise was kneeling on the ground, absentmindedly scrawling designs onto the bare rock. The lines and shapes he drew looked strangely familiar to Aaron, but they weren't rithmatic. Not that he knew, anyways. 

"Wait. Stop. What was that, what you just drew?" It was a series of curving lines that formed two pairs of perpendicular crescents. Something about it was extremely familiar, and made bile rise in the back of Aaron's throat.

"This? This is nothing. A doodle." Something about the expression on his face said otherwise, however. Falaise was waiting for something. He was searching for something in Aaron's reaction.

"I... I know that Line. It... silences... things." He paused, with his hands on his head, trying to understand the vague flashes of memory he was experiencing. "How do I know that? Why do I know that?" His voice was rising as he spoke. Some of the other rithmatists were starting to take notice. 

Joel came over and put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey man, you all right?"

"Yeah, yeah... I'm fine." Aaron shrugged Joel's hand off and turned back towards his tent, shaking his head in a vain attempt to clear it. "I just need a minute. I'll be out again soon."

Falaise stood off to the side, grinning widely throughout the whole exchange.

Edited by AonarFaileas

chalkling_shiva.png

Tempers were heated as the platoon bickered through the night. People began to suspect Joel of being the murderer.

Wyatt shouted, "I remember getting up in the middle of the night, and seeing you wander around camp. That's suspicious enough to kill you in my book!"

Joel responded, "You idiots! I was patrolling the camp, making sure the wild chalklings didn't attack. Would a Forgotten do that?"

Joel's accusers reassessed the situation. If Joel wasn't the killer, then who was? Eventually, they decided that it must have been Chase! After all, she was the only one who had experience murdering people. She stared defiantly at them, as the votes came rolling in. She knew she couldn't outrun them, and though she wanted to, she doubted she could fight them off. She sighed, and accepted her fate. The lynchers found the only gun in camp, and shot her, point blank.

The platoon tried to get some rest, even though the sun had rose in the sky. One man, however, was still feeling paranoid. Aaron Falaise, as he was known, was scared out of his mind. They would find out what happened eventually, and then he would be doomed! He heard something outside his tent rustle. He got up an drew a shaky Line of Forbiddance. His killer didn't care that much about it. After all, he had thrown that rock to distract the paranoid freak. He took his butcher's knife, and plunged it into Aaron's heart. "Aaron" expired, never knowing who had killed him.

Chase Tearing was a Rithmatist!
Aaron Falaise was a Rithmatist!

Vote Count:
Aaron Roddy: Joel (1)
Chase Tearing: Tavi, Aaron Falaise, Jain, Wyatt (4)
Joel: Dig (1)
Dig: Chase Tearing (1)

Player List:

• (The Only Joe) Joel, a Long time soldier at Nebrask
  • (Araris Valerian) Tavi, a troublesome, but bright young man.
  • (Alvron) Ronald, a Short man with White hair and piercing blue eyes.
  • (AonarFaileas) Aaron, a Graduate of Académie de Montréal. Rithmatist
  • (Tulir) Rlint, a Dirty Conner a Policeman.
  • (Mailliw73) Will, a Blonde Male. Rithmatist
  • (Lightsworn Panda) Jain, a new Soldier.
  • (Wyrmhero) Wyatt, a Senior Soldier
  • (Elend'sSecondCousin) Dui, a JoSeun Immigrant who eats chalk. Forgotten
  • (Kasimir) Samuel Kessen, a man who hates the JoSeun way of life.
  • (Gamma Fiend) Dig, a Digger.
  • (pir2h) Chase Tearing, a Rithamantic Murderer. Rithmatist
  • (Metacognition) Matt, a man seen through the eyes of others. Artist
  • (Twelvethrootoftwo) Tory Farth, a man who exists
  • (Ashiok) Aaron Roddy, A Baseball Coach

This cycle ends at 9:00 AM Central Time on Monday.

Edited by Alvron

So it's interesting that Joel is indeed alive. We have some information here - The Forgotten wanted to kill Aonar more than they did Joel. Interestingly, they even apparently used a Line of Vigor as well to ensure it (assuming the writeup is correct), so it's not as if they expected that Joel was baiting them with that knowledge and that it wouldn't get through. There are a couple of reasons I can think of as to why they'd do that:

• They expected Joel to be lying about his being a Sentry. I'm doubtful of this, as such a claim should probably be checked out as a matter of course anyway. Joel was only in mild danger at the time, so the claim does seem slightly suspicious, but if we consider that he wouldn't be able to defend himself that Cycle, then it becomes less so.
  • Aonar was a lot more dangerous in their eyes than Joel/a Sentry. Perhaps Aonar was getting close to something that they didn't like, and wanted to kill him before he shared his conclusion. I am also doubtful of this though - Chase turned out to be innocent, and Aonar admitted to not having much of a conclusion on the previous Cycle with his diagram.
  • It could however be a bit of a long-term plan with Ashiok, since Aonar believed that if one was innocent, both were. I find this doubtful as well, since Aonar said this late in the cycle.
  • The Forgotten are not expecting to make any Wild Chalkling kills, and so don't care about the Sentry. In their eyes, any Rithmatist is good enough for them. As an aside, this suggests that Aonar's death doesn't 'hurt' our first Cycle defences, since he was apparently Line of Vigor'ed.
  • They think we will lynch Joel for them. Joel looks a little suspicious, sure, but there weren't that many votes on him at the time. They could perhaps have changed targets late in the Cycle, but there weren't many posts after Joel left, so I doubt it.
  • Joel is a Forgotten, who panicked a little and fakeclaimed in order to pass suspicion. If it was this, then it certainly worked. Only Ashiok, Jain and I discussed this, so we didn't get anywhere. We should probably scruitinise this a little more, with more input from other people.

Of these, I think that either the Forgotten don't care about the Wild Chalkling kill, or Joel is a Forgotten himself. I am still suspicious of Ashiok as well, however, because I just think things fall a little too neatly into place, and he's not been very helpful this game. It might be nothing, I admit, but I am still slightly uneasy.

However, my current vote is for Alvron, because he didn't turn up at all last Cycle. I didn't even notice it until looking at the previous thread just now. It was a while ago now, but I seem to recall him being relatively hidden away when he was an Eliminator in LG5, and this feels similar. His game is being set up as well, so I don't think he can claim to be busy.

Edited by Wyrmhero

I Lived? That was unexpected. Thank you Wyrm.

Ok then. I actually am the Sentry. I revealed that in an effort to force the Forgotten's Hand. I was hoping they'd target me in case Wyrm removed his vote which he did, wasting their Kill. That didn't work, which I'm fine with, since I'm left alive.

As for them not targeting me, They either thought I was bluffing about my Lines, (Which was a possibility that crossed my mind, but I doubted would happen), or they weren't on after my Reveal. I'm thinking the Second Option, but I have no way to tell who wasn't on After I got off, since I just got home.

I've realized that my Suspicions for Jain are weak, but I still think he might be Forgotten. My Suspicions for Ashiok are still strong though, So I'll continue to Vote for him.

As for Alvron, all he's done so Far is vote for Dui. I assumed he was Innocent, but Ashiok is also pretty Suspicious. I'll keep an Eye on him.