Nightblood fuel.

Metanat

Nightblood feeds on your soul (Investiture), so by tapping a store of Investiture you should be able to feed Nightblood with it. I get the feeling this wouldn't be entirely safe, though...

Interestingly enough, Nicrosil Ferrings are called "Soulbearers".

Edited by Moogle

I think that would just count as 1 breath. And I think the Breath in warbreaker differs from the normal breath.

I think you are referencing Cadmium Feruchemy which stores breath. This is literal breath and is indeed quite different than invested Breath from Warbreaker. However the OP is talking about Nicrosil Feruchemy which stores Investiture, noted as storing a raw form of Investiture that can act as a sort of power transformer between types of Investiture energy.

What I've been wondering is, if somebody stored one form of investiture in their nicrosilmind, could they pull a different kind out? Or would you have a bunch of different ones, like how Sazed had different tinminds for each sense? One nicrosilmind for stormlight, one for breath?

Investiture can't be transformed from one Shard's type to another, so far as I know. If you could, you'd think that everyone would visit Roshar and turn Stormlight to Breath. We've also got WoB that you can't Soulcast things to lerasium/atium, which is suggestive.

I imagine you'd use it as one nicrosilmind per Investiture type. But really, saying anything in regards to Feruchemical nicrosil is hard.

What I've been wondering is, if somebody stored one form of investiture in their nicrosilmind, could they pull a different kind out? Or would you have a bunch of different ones, like how Sazed had different tinminds for each sense? One nicrosilmind for stormlight, one for breath?

All magic systems can be used with every form of Investure, theoretically. So my guess is that Nicrosil converts into raw Investure that can be used to fuel every system. Although, Awakening and Soulcasting, which require investing another object, could be problematic.

In case Breaths can be stored as Breaths they should require a specific Metalmind.

That is the best we can gather from the sparse evidence we have so far on Feruchemical nicrosil, that it can convert between types because in the storage process it stores as a neutral form of Investiture unspecific to any given arcana. However anything involving Feruchemical nicrosil is really still conjecture at this point.

All magic systems can be used with every form of Investure, theoretically. So my guess is that Nicrosil converts into raw Investure that can be used to fuel every system.

That is the best we can gather from the sparse evidence we have so far on Feruchemical nicrosil, that it can convert between types because in the storage process it stores as a neutral form of Investiture unspecific to any given arcana.

As Squirrel says, most of what people are basing this on is from the MAG, notibly non-canon. WoB is that every arcana can be fueled on each planet "with some jury-rigging". I feel like if it were as simple as feruchemical nicrosil converting any form of Investiture into any other form at will, that wouldn't be something described as "jury-rigging." Is it possible? Maybe. Will it turn out to be the default setting? I personally would be incredibly surprised if it were that easy.

• Chaos locked this topic