Hi

Nesh

On behalf of the Administration, welcome to 17th Shard! HAVE A WAFFLE!

welcomewafflesmaller.png

So, out of curiosity, do you think Hemalurgy can steal The Force? I swear, there are no ulterior motives behind this question... >.>

Now we just need a waffle based magic system.

Well, there are two: First, there is a specialized school within general batter augury, which assigns meaning to each square and quadrant of the waffle, and involves a ritual and the type of syrup (corn syrup for matters of war, beech for matters of the heart, maple for matters of money, and so on). But that's an augury magic rather than a generalized magic system, and we'll say no moe about it.

Second, magical waffles and pancakes are used by the ninjas of the Ihop clan, usually as an assassination tool but they can be used to alter the mental state of the victim. (This is sometimes countered by the rather difficult school of caffeinomancy; those who practice caffeinomancy will sometimes order coffee with their waffles in order to protect themselves against waffleurgy.) One use is the waffle-to-stone method, where the waffle recombines in the stomach and blocks the entrance to the intestine, creating the victim who starves to death while stuffing himself to the point of his stomach exploding. (How often have we heard someone say, "It's like lead in my gut," when someone has consumed one of these lethal waffle.) In one of the more difficult uses, the waffles expand when the victim drinks water and then takes over the body, creating the dreaded waffle golem.

Magical waffles are also as throwing stars by the Ihops; they have been known to sever steel cables.

In a nonlethal use, the shamans of the Ihop clan will enchant the waffles and use them for prophetic visions.

and by "enchant" you mean "bake hallucinogenic substances into them".

Some people might say that, but they are obviously not True Believers in waffleurgy. There's a ritual! And a set of exercises! And a DVD!

Also, I hold true to Clarke's Third Law in this case!

(I get a nickel for each exclamation point I use!!! Forty cents! Woohoo!)

I just thought I'd say welcome again, in the proper topic this time. I hope you're liking it here, and say again that I really did like your alternate perspective on why Vin was spooked by Hoid. I'd never been able to think up any reason at all.

• Chaos locked this topic