Google announces Project Glass

Eerongal

• 2 weeks later...

I keep throwing my money at my monitor, but it's not working...

In other news, I want these a little too much, I think.

Yeah, i know right? usually the internet is really good at taking my money in exchange for frivolous stuff, but in this instance it's reacting really darn slow to my cash.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just as long as they don't let the advertisers have too much control over it. Can you imagine walking down the street and suddenly "FREE NETFLIX TRIAL!" pops up as you're about to walk across a busy intersection? It's definitely an awesome idea, and I'll definitely consider giving it a shot when it's a reality - what SF/F geek wouldn't? - but I worry about some of the things that could be implemented if cash flows in the right (read: WRONG) directions.

No, because that sounds like a major privacy invasion in the makings if people aren't careful. There had better be privacy settings available for that, if they can even get it to work.

Doubtful. And if there are privacy settings, people will find ways to bypass them. Think of kidnappings! You'd know the kid's name right off the bat, and maybe even some important info to make it seem more legit. The little ones may not be old enough to know that it's just the glasses. Scary.