This Is Halloween

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Right then. So, here are details that have been bandied about for a while. I do not believe anything at all is set in stone yet, though.

The game was proposed take place in Calamityville, a city that resides in its own pocket dimension, cut off from the outside world. It is ruled by the spatial distortion Epic Möbius.

A mental Epic called Karma attacks Möbius, causing her to go insane in an attempt to fight him off. In her insanity, she discovers an aspect of her powers she's never found before: the ability to pull entities from different points in time as well as space.

The players would thus be Epics from around the world and from any points in their respective timelines, or alternately established Epics dwelling in Calamityville. Möbius would reduce the city to an anomalous pile of ruins, filled with panicking humans and fighting Epics. Players could thus navigate through various spatial and temporal anomalies created by the mad Möbius, which could be an interesting setting to stage fights and nightmares in.

The proposed goals have thus far been quite vague apart from one overreaching aim: to showcase all manner of frightening and overpowered Epics, to show just how terrifying the world of Steelheart can be.

Counter-proposals or additions to the idea are welcome. If the Möbius plan is accepted, I would humbly request the honor of writing the first post, as she and Karma are my characters and their actions set the stage for all things to come. :)

Right then. So, here are details that have been bandied about for a while. I do not believe anything at all is set in stone yet, though.

The game was proposed take place in Calamityville, a city that resides in its own pocket dimension, cut off from the outside world. It is ruled by the spatial distortion Epic Möbius.

A mental Epic called Karma attacks Möbius, causing her to go insane in an attempt to fight him off. In her insanity, she discovers an aspect of her powers she's never found before: the ability to pull entities from different points in time as well as space.

The players would thus be Epics from around the world and from any points in their respective timelines, or alternately established Epics dwelling in Calamityville. Möbius would reduce the city to an anomalous pile of ruins, filled with panicking humans and fighting Epics. Players could thus navigate through various spatial and temporal anomalies created by the mad Möbius, which could be an interesting setting to stage fights and nightmares in.

The proposed goals have thus far been quite vague apart from one overreaching aim: to showcase all manner of frightening and overpowered Epics, to show just how terrifying the world of Steelheart can be.

Counter-proposals or additions to the idea are welcome. If the Möbius plan is accepted, I would humbly request the honor of writing the first post, as she and Karma are my characters and their actions set the stage for all things to come. :)

I personally think the Möbius plan is awesome. :D Shall we carry the motion?

If there are no further objections, the motion is carried. The Möbius plan is enacted, and GMship is give to Kobold King. Let the nightmares begin. :D

b9b7f4b1f2f77f5bb757e00dd637a18d.gif

tumblr_m7oh40mJOV1rtrcvu.gif

I mean, indeed, let them commence under my benevolent guidance. ;)

Does anyone think we need more of a focus for the characters then just "roam around the city and make nightmares"? I think we can do a lot with just that, but I'm always open to suggestions.

b9b7f4b1f2f77f5bb757e00dd637a18d.gif

tumblr_m7oh40mJOV1rtrcvu.gif

I mean, indeed, let them commence under my benevolent guidance. ;)

Does anyone think we need more of a focus for the characters then just "roam around the city and make nightmares"? I think we can do a lot with just that, but I'm always open to suggestions.

Well, Möbius snatched them from their time streams in hopes of siccing the most unstable, bloodthirsty Epics on him, right? Maybe the main plot could involve Slaughterhouse conscripting them to find Karma with something in it for them?

Well, Möbius snatched them from their time streams in hopes of siccing the most unstable, bloodthirsty Epics on him, right? Maybe the main plot could involve Slaughterhouse conscripting them to find Karma with something in it for them?

That is a good idea. It should be fun sticking Slaughterhouse with the task of negotiating with these freaks. :P

Here's Karma's bio. He's not as fleshed out as Möbius or even Slaughterhouse, but hopefully he will still be useful as an elusive antagonist.

Pre-Calamity Information

Prior to Calamity, the man who would later be known as Karma was Dr. Ian Molder, a psychotherapist from Sacramento. He spent many years after Calamity's appearance still living as a normal man, as he did not receive his abilities until almost seven years after the star appeared and the Epics took over. Much of this time was spent living in Calamityville, where he developed a steady hatred for Möbius and all who served her.

Powers and Abilities

Karma's primary power is a form of astral projection. He is capable of putting himself to sleep at will, sending his mind in a non-corporeal form into the world. He appears as a transparent, spectral version of himself when he does this. 

While in an astral state, he is capable of possessing anything with a roughly human shape. He frequently employs objects such as corpses, dolls, chalk outlines, and other humanoid shapes as host bodies, so as to not put his delicate real body in harm's way.

Living entities are impossible for him to control this way, though he can still wreak considerable havoc. He is capable of accessing all of the victim's memories and personality traits in this way. While incapable of directly altering their minds, he can affect them by "shuffling" pieces of knowledge and memories through their heads, promoting massive confusion.

Karma calls this method "biographical dissidence." An average person changes constantly through life, gaining new memories, skills, experiences, and personality traits with each passing day. When Karma works his "dissidence," different states from throughout the victim's life become jumbled together. Varying memories and personality traits struggle to the surface of the mind, causing a breakdown in mental stability. Victims often find themselves thinking like they did as children, teenagers, and adults all at once, unable to chronologically sort through their memories or maintain hold of a single 'default' personality.

This assault is harmful for regular humans, but passes over time. Karma's technique is far more devastating when used against other Epics. When he jumbles the mind and memories of an Epic, the earlier mental states conflict radically with the post-Calamity mindset. The mental effects of Calamity clash with the original human's mind, causing a dissidence powerful enough to shatter the victim's sanity completely.

Appearance

He is an older man with a frail appearance and heavily wrinkled skin. He wears a crisp black suit and walks with a cane while in his real body. When in an astral state, his eyes fade into the rest of the skull, making his sockets hollow and stretched with skin.

Modus Operandi

Having suffered mightily at the hands of Epics, Karma intends to see them all dead or too broken to continue their rule. While Möbius is his main target, he will gladly cut down any other Epics who get in his way.

His power, as can be seen, is very strange and I doubt I did a good job of explaining it. Feel free to ask questions, and remember that there will be an active representation once the RP begins.

That is a good idea. It should be fun sticking Slaughterhouse with the task of negotiating with these freaks. :P

Here's Karma's bio. He's not as fleshed out as Möbius or even Slaughterhouse, but hopefully he will still be useful as an elusive antagonist.

Pre-Calamity Information

Prior to Calamity, the man who would later be known as Karma was Dr. Ian Molder, a psychotherapist from Sacramento. He spent many years after Calamity's appearance still living as a normal man, as he did not receive his abilities until almost seven years after the star appeared and the Epics took over. Much of this time was spent living in Calamityville, where he developed a steady hatred for Möbius and all who served her.

Powers and Abilities

Karma's primary power is a form of astral projection. He is capable of putting himself to sleep at will, sending his mind in a non-corporeal form into the world. He appears as a transparent, spectral version of himself when he does this. 

While in an astral state, he is capable of possessing anything with a roughly human shape. He frequently employs objects such as corpses, dolls, chalk outlines, and other humanoid shapes as host bodies, so as to not put his delicate real body in harm's way.

Living entities are impossible for him to control this way, though he can still wreak considerable havoc. He is capable of accessing all of the victim's memories and personality traits in this way. While incapable of directly altering their minds, he can affect them by "shuffling" pieces of knowledge and memories through their heads, promoting massive confusion.

Karma calls this method "biographical dissidence." An average person changes constantly through life, gaining new memories, skills, experiences, and personality traits with each passing day. When Karma works his "dissidence," different states from throughout the victim's life become jumbled together. Varying memories and personality traits struggle to the surface of the mind, causing a breakdown in mental stability. Victims often find themselves thinking like they did as children, teenagers, and adults all at once, unable to chronologically sort through their memories or maintain hold of a single 'default' personality.

This assault is harmful for regular humans, but passes over time. Karma's technique is far more devastating when used against other Epics. When he jumbles the mind and memories of an Epic, the earlier mental states conflict radically with the post-Calamity mindset. The mental effects of Calamity clash with the original human's mind, causing a dissidence powerful enough to shatter the victim's sanity completely.

Appearance

He is an older man with a frail appearance and heavily wrinkled skin. He wears a crisp black suit and walks with a cane while in his real body. When in an astral state, his eyes fade into the rest of the skull, making his sockets hollow and stretched with skin.

Modus Operandi

Having suffered mightily at the hands of Epics, Karma intends to see them all dead or too broken to continue their rule. While Möbius is his main target, he will gladly cut down any other Epics who get in his way.

His power, as can be seen, is very strange and I doubt I did a good job of explaining it. Feel free to ask questions, and remember that there will be an active representation once the RP begins.

I like his power.  Very interesting overall.

Here's Karma's bio. He's not as fleshed out as Möbius or even Slaughterhouse, but hopefully he will still be useful as an elusive antagonist.

Pre-Calamity Information

Prior to Calamity, the man who would later be known as Karma was Dr. Ian Molder, a psychotherapist from Sacramento. He spent many years after Calamity's appearance still living as a normal man, as he did not receive his abilities until almost seven years after the star appeared and the Epics took over. Much of this time was spent living in Calamityville, where he developed a steady hatred for Möbius and all who served her.

Powers and Abilities

Appearance

Modus Operandi

Having suffered mightily at the hands of Epics, Karma intends to see them all dead or too broken to continue their rule. While Möbius is his main target, he will gladly cut down any other Epics who get in his way.

He sounds super creepy, and I think the site made me downvote you when I meant to do the opposite. Gr.

But yeah, the possessed chalk outlines alone should be freaky enough.

Pre-Calamity Information

Powers and Abilities

Appearance

Modus Operandi

I've actually been thinking of a similar character, someone who can possess inanimate objects

Where he will dwell happily alongside Slaughterhouse and Nighthound. :P

Speaking of nightmares, I'll get a bio up for Koschei soon.

Awesome. :D

As I said in my edit to the last Question 2 post, I'm going to bed now. See you all tomorrow--and wish me good dreams, because I'll think I'll be needing them.  ;)

Edited by Kobold King

Bloody Tate

Name: Bloody Tate

Origin: Witness to and Survivor of Nighthound's Original Attack on Portland. Went Insane, and became Epic directly afterwards. (You might recognize him. I Interogated him)

Primary Power: Liquifyier: Literally turns anything he makes hand-contact with into blood. Unless his weakness is in effect.

Passive Power: Immune to any form of damage that causes external bleeding. CANN'T be killed by swords, guns or knives. CAN be killed by Fire, Falling, Lightning, Strangulation, Drowning in Blood, Ect.

Weakness: Skin Contact with blood. If he's touching blood, he can't turn something else into blood.

Behavior: Constantly Near a source of running water, so he can get the blood off. Insane. Afraid of Blood.

If he touches a skyscraper, the entire thing will turn to blood. Gruesome no?

Mindrip

Name: Mindrip

Former Name: Only Humans have names before they become Epics.

Primary PowerMindripping. Makes a Complete Copy of Targets Memories, and understands them as well.

Secondary Power: Shapechanging. It can appear as any Physical Object.

Teretiary Power: Regeneration and Healing Touch.

M.O.Chooses a Target and Mindrips them. It takes on the Physical form of of a Loved one, and Lures the Target away. It then Tortures the Target to the bringk of death, and heals it. It repeats this several times, before letting the victim escape to their Family. a few days later, it repeats this exercise while wearing the shape of a different loved one.

Pony:

MindRip.png

3W3B1850B119000000000011A305E0000TN1837200121000X119000000000012012600003F0200

Edited by Voidus

Koschei 

Epic Name: Koschei (the Deathless) 

Primary Power: Self-healing. Any wound up to a fatal wound will mend in a few seconds. A nonlethal dose of poison will cause him a few seconds of discomfort before the effects fade. 

Secondary Power: One quirk of his healing abilities is that his healing factor does not include fatal wounds. If he does receive a fatal wound, he will die and resurrect less than a minute later, completely healed of any additional wounds he may have received while dead. Oddly enough, he is not immune to pain, and the amount of time it takes for a fatal wound to do its work is neither accelerated nor slowed. 

Tertiary Power: Koschei is a gifter, able to heal others of their wounds, and provided he works quickly enough, he can heal fatal wounds. 

Modus Operandi: To come. 

Appearance: Tall and thin, with pale blond hair set with a gold circlet. He wears loose-fitting dark pants and white shirt, with a purple cloak and a gold signet ring.

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles