Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

47 minutes ago, GoWibble said:

Granted. Unfortunately, the next person gets 2 banes.

I wish for a better understanding of astrophysics

Granted. Your knowledge in chemistry is now lacking.

I wish for an extra 2 hours in the day that are reserved specifically for what I want to do, and nobody gets do decide what I do in them.

3 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

Granted. Your knowledge in chemistry is now lacking.

I wish for an extra 2 hours in the day that are reserved specifically for what I want to do, and nobody gets do decide what I do in them.

Granted! You get 2 extra hours for what you want to do. Unfortunately, you also pass out for the other 24 hours in a day

I wish for a good wish

11 hours ago, The One Ring said:

I wish for a cute spren like Syl

Granted. You are now bonded to an Honorspren who is adorable, vivacious, and so full of life that she can't help but laugh at all of the absurdities of life. Unfortunately she has a laugh just like Gertie from Oklahoma. As even the mundane episodes of your life are punctuated by the laughtrack of her horrible, braying laughter you come to realize that the reason for the Recreance might have been more nuanced than you had previously believed. 

I wish for a magical comedy/tragedy bolo like this one, that when cinched in a specific way would cause everyone around me to start singing and dancing as if the current situation was part of a musical. 

da74b136780ce95724ecc1f2b18d9520.jpg.cbd62e96a50a8c67f9cd4956412a2dea.jpg

Like, for instance, if I were to cinch my magical bolo in the produce section of the grocery store, normal shoppers would begin twirling their carts, juggling lemons, apples and heads of cabbage, and the person riding the ride on shopping cart would spin in circles while maybe balancing a pineapple on their nose, all while singing a thematically linked song. 

Edited by Hoiditthroughthegrapevine

Absolutely granted, exactly as you wish, no strings attached. Well... one string attached. Your bane is that you are transported to a universe where the SCP Foundation exists. Assuming the universe doesn't spontaneously stop, assuming some horrible deity doesn't scorch humanity, and assuming you don't die from some seemingly benign object that takes over your mind and causes your body to decide blood is something that definitely belongs on the outside...the Foundation is likely going to be very interested in your little bolo there.

I wish to be able to go about my life here on Earth in America, but as a full feruchemist. (I know it's unoriginal but I'm very passionate about the fact that Feruchemy should be canon in real life)

Edited by The Technovore

On 2/24/2021 at 10:04 AM, The Technovore said:

I wish to be able to go about my life here on Earth in America, but as a full feruchemist. (I know it's unoriginal but I'm very passionate about the fact that Feruchemy should be canon in real life)

As long as I get the rights to SCP the Musical I'm totally fine with that. 

Granted, you are a full feruchemist living on earth in America. You can go to sleep anytime you want, you can lose weight without dieting, and you even learn the trick to store your mental acuity while you sleep so you have near infinite mental quickness to tap (not to mention the interesting dreams of a bovine). Life's pretty good.

Your bane is that whenever someone uses the indefinite article you fart loudly and uncontrollably. But tapping your f-steel you can quickly escape the scene of the olfactory crime, so if you play your cards right no one will ever no that it was you. 

I wish everyone could listen to the greatest American band of all times, Okkervil River, oh wait you can thanks to the magic of the internet...

This is the song For Real from the concept album Black Sheep Boy (the 3rd best album of all times). 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Toothless of Shinover said:

That is granted but the problem is that you are slowly dying because you are spending to much time on it and not enough exercise, sleep and many other important things.

Your boon is granted!

I wish for the complete knowledge of all WoBs that exist and will ever exist without having to read or listen to them.

Granted. And as the Nightwatcher is really thoughtful she notices your aversion to spending your time reading or listening to those things, and simply dumps the entire Cosmere story and lore into your mind. Now you know every single character, event, and plot point there will ever be, barring the need for you to read any upcoming books. 

I wish for a part time job that I like and that leaves me refreshed when I finish a shift. 

12 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Granted. And as the Nightwatcher is really thoughtful she notices your aversion to spending your time reading or listening to those things, and simply dumps the entire Cosmere story and lore into your mind. Now you know every single character, event, and plot point there will ever be, barring the need for you to read any upcoming books

Hey, I can just have a person ask about the plot of each chapter and have them copy the book down and name it something else, problem solved.

On 3/13/2021 at 9:50 PM, Eluvianii said:

I wish for a part time job that I like and that leaves me refreshed when I finish a shift. 

Granted! 

The Nightwatcher gives you a set of pajamas (the pj pants have vines artfully twining through a teselatted repetition of the double eye of the Almighty, and the jade green PJ top has a cute cartoon version of the Nightwatcher coiled and smiling over bubble letter text saying, "Life's boon good") and she also gives you a slip of paper. 

After you receive these items you are instantaneously transported back to earth. Looking down at the slip of paper you read, "You have been selected to participate in a paid sleep study, where we will be testing the effects of eating gourmet cuisine and high quality chocolate on the quality of subsequent sleep".

Your bane is that whenever you have to select between multiple checkout lines you will invariably pick the slowest one. 

I wish for a pancho...a pancho of invisibility, cuz why not? 

10 hours ago, forget me not said:

Granted. You may never take it off, and therefore will always remain invisible.

I wish for a pencil that never goes dull.

Granted. #3* pencil it is. scantron.png.64fc0e95a7133305caae2a858b2b2ef0.png

*#3+

I wish for Physics exams to have content that we've gone over

Granted. But you now love to sleep so much that you sleep twice as long as you used to.

I wish to re-live my life starting from 7:00 a.m. Mar. 13, with the ability to do/undo things I want to do/undo. I'll carry all my current memory, without any mental/physic disability appearing on me or those around me and without any accident happening because of the time transfer. The current timeline I'm on will end right as I do the time transfer.

Edited by The One Ring

*cocks head*, interestingly specific wish, but granted, no strings attached. May you do well with the new timeline. At 7:00 am, Mar. 21, you will be inflicted with a bone disease in the leg. It will not be terminal, but will eventually cause that leg to go completely lame. If you are able to get the appropriate surgery to remove it before July 31st, your leg will make a full recovery, and you find it better than ever.

On 3/21/2021 at 6:46 AM, The One Ring said:

I wish to know what The Technovore's name mean

Granted, the name becomes immediately apparent to you, you think you can solve all life's problems with this knowledge. You go to write this down, but then you get a really important phone call or something, and you forget what you were supposed to be doing.

I wish I could pause time whilst reading books.

@The One Ring

Spoiler

(it's a reference to an iron man villian and I think it's cool)

Granted, you are now a Slider. However, somewhere in the world someone else has become a Steelrunner/Pewterarm, and are contracted to find you and spike you.

I wish to take back my previous lack of wishing.

I also wish to become a Slider because I really need more than 24 hours in a day right now and I'm willing to pay for it.

3 hours ago, The Technovore said:

@The One Ring

Reveal hidden contents

(it's a reference to an iron man villian and I think it's cool)

Granted, you are now a Slider. However, somewhere in the world someone else has become a Steelrunner/Pewterarm, and are contracted to find you and spike you.

I wish to take back my previous lack of wishing.

I also wish to become a Slider because I really need more than 24 hours in a day right now and I'm willing to pay for it.

I could just read for the rest of my life. I'd die of old age (having read an ungodly amount of books) before the Steelrunner/Pewterarm gets to me.

I'll take the second wish:

For every extra hour you get per day, you must pay however much you make per hour at your job.

I wish I knew exactly when and how I die.

Edited by Lord of the Dark Lands