Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

Just now, Shard of Reading said:

He would also sometimes store things without permission. (That's where things go that you should be able to find, but just can't seem to be able to find.)

(psst wrong thread)

No worries :P

13 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

i wish for an antidote for that poison

Granted. The antidote has the taste, texture, and consistency of dirt. Because the antidote is dirt! :ph34r:

I wish for some dirt.

4 hours ago, The Last Post said:

I wish for a tasty plum with a good texture

Granted. Man, that was a good plum. Firm, perfectly ripe, sweet, delicious, and bursting with juice.

Your bane is that you have inverse invisibility. Anything that touches your skin becomes completely invisible. It's OK though, you've figured out how to dress using barrels and suspenders, though It does make it harder going to church. You have also found another hack, clothes wrapped in aluminum foil don't become invisible. Thank Adonalsium for the miracle of magic defying aluminum.

*Edit, granted the wrong boon*

@Mist

I wish for a deck of cards

Granted. They're really nice. They have incredibly beautiful photographs of the dawn cities, and the design of the deck is exquisite. Each card is ivory tinted, lacquered and beautiful in and of itself. Your bane is that you have more hair on your knees and elbows than on your head.

I wish I had the strength of the bear and the vision of the eagle.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

14 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I wish I had the strength of the bear and the vision of the eagle.

Granted. You are now visibly part animal. 

I wish for a cardboard box.

5 hours ago, Mist said:

I wish for a cardboard box.

Granted. You get the best cardboard box ever made. At first glance it just appears to be a 7.5 foot tall cardboard box that is 5 feet wide and 4 feet deep. But about 2 thirds of the way up the box tapers to a point, giving it the look of a small peaked roof house. The box is designed with a hinge on one side allowing the front facade of the box to be opened, revealing that the inside of the box is in fact a 1/4 scale 3 storey Victorian house. The interior is lavishly decorated with floral pattern wallpaper, intricate cardboard replica wainscoting and moulding, and exquisite 1/4 scale sturdy and beautiful Victorian furniture. The walls even have faux gas lamps made with LEDs and miniature fans that light and blow tiny pieces of colored tissue paper to simulate the flickering of gaslight.

The house has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and sturdy stairways commuting between the floors with intricately cut balustrades. The library has wall to wall bookshelves filled with miniature 1/4 scale books that can be taken out and read with a magnifying glass. 

The master bedroom has a faux fireplace (same LED, fan, and tissue paper setup as the gaslights), a beautiful canopied 4 poster bed, a mirrored vanity, a wardrobe, and a tiger print pattern rug, all made from beautifully decorated cardboard.

Your bane is that you rarely get a chance to enjoy your new cardboard box because cats dressed in frock coats, double breasted suits, flower print dresses, bonnets, top hats, and pince nez are constantly throwing balls, or having high afternoon tea, or playing draughts, or just generally entertaining guests in your cardboard box. They also smoke fowl smelling cigars, and haven't yet caught on that there's no working plumbing in the bathrooms.

I wish for 10 more hours in a day during which you don't have to work, and that this extra time is in fact set aside for napping and or contemplation.

1 hour ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I wish for 10 more hours in a day during which you don't have to work, and that this extra time is in fact set aside for napping and or contemplation.

Granted. The rotation of the earth slows, and that probably has some devastating effects somehow. However that isn’t your bane, that’s just how the Nightwatcher accomplished your boon. Your bane is to have a very contemplative existential crisis during those 10 hours. 

I wish for nothing.

Edited by Danex
Ima dum dum

11 minutes ago, Danex said:

I wish for nothing.

Granted. After you make your wish you blink, and the next thing you know you are surrounded by the darkest black you have ever seen. In all directions this impossible blackness spreads out. There is no sound, not even the sound of blood in your ears, or the sound of your breathing. All sensation is gone, there is no smell,  no sound, no feel of anything, just unyielding eternal darkness.

Your bane is that your mind still has the memory of all the sensations that you experienced in your previous state of being, and in the extreme vacuum of sensation it begins to create sensations, smells, tastes and sounds as a synthetic process using your memories.

You experience profoundly beautiful self-created experiences with a fusion of sensations that you never dreamed were possible in your old life. Your each conscious moment becomes an act of composition of symphonies of pure sensation that reach a transcendant pitch until you realize that without being to share these visions, the simple act of their creation becomes hollow and meaningless. Blessed with a transcendant God like ability to create out of the primordia of raw sensation, your triumphs turn to ashes in your mouth, knowing no one will ever experience these masterpieces. And though you know your soul is surely crying, you can't feel the tears trickle down your cheeks because you are just a consciousness devoid of a mortal form. Bad break buddy.

I wish for something

:blink:

5 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I wish for something

You get a shrubbery. 

Spoiler

Your bane is that your wonderful, incredibly thought out answer is followed up by this.  

I wish to become the Nightwatcher

The Nightwatcher looks on, confused. Cultivation comes up behind her. "If you're sure," she says. Everything goes black for a moment. Your minds are now merged, two minds controlling one body. 

2 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I wish for a cactus

Granted. You get a cactus that has been awakened with the command "Follow The Awakened Salad and move stealthily to be sat upon"

The good side of this is that you often spy the little cactus running stealthily and it’s adorable.

20200707_205039.thumb.jpg.57cf8723ba55208432d7385da2a537bc.jpg

I wish I had an awakened ascot.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

11 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Granted. You get a cactus that has been awakened with the command "Follow The Awakened Salad and move stealthily to be sat upon"

The good side of this is that you often spy the little cactus running stealthily and it’s adorable.

20200707_205039.thumb.jpg.57cf8723ba55208432d7385da2a537bc.jpg

I love this so much you have no idea :wub:. He’s adorable and is mine now and I’m naming him Jerry.

Did you draw/paint this yourself? I love the swooshy arms, and the mischievous face, the little tuft of hair/whatever cacti have on top of them, and the nyoom lines that show he’s running very technical language, I know

Edited by The Awakened Salad

5 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I love this so much you have no idea :wub:. He’s adorable and is mine now and I’m naming him Jerry.

Did you draw/paint this yourself? I love the swooshy arms, and the mischievous face, the little tuft of hair/whatever cacti have on top of them, and the little nyoom lines that show he’s running very technical language, I know

Hahaha, Jerry it is. Jerry is all yours, enjoy, just watch where you're sitting.

Yeah it was just a quick little sketch, I have some more awakened cartoons on this thread (spoilered below) and am taking requests for awakened objects/commands to be cartoonified.

Spoiler