Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

30 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

I wish for a Sith Fleet that follows me around and is loyal to me.

Granted. A fleet appears behind you and starts following you, and in their loyalty they're always behind you, whether you're trying to conquer the galaxy or using the bathroom, they will be there.

I wish to recover twice the normal amount of energy per hour while sleeping.

8 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

Granted. A fleet appears behind you and starts following you, and in their loyalty they're always behind you, whether you're trying to conquer the galaxy or using the bathroom, they will be there.

I wish to recover twice the normal amount of energy per hour while sleeping.

Gee, I hope I can board the ships...

Granted. Your bane is that you now sleep twice as much each day. Goodluck on your 8 hours of hyper energy each day!

I wish for the ability to finish my reading list in this lifetime.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:02 PM, Darth Woodrack said:

Gee, I hope I can board the ships...

Granted. Your bane is that you now sleep twice as much each day. Goodluck on your 8 hours of hyper energy each day!

I wish for the ability to finish my reading list in this lifetime.

Granted, you become immortal. Literally nothing can kill you as long as you have a book you want to read. Your bane is that anytime you try to read, various objects fall out of the sky onto your head and spill food and sauce onto your book.

I wish for a good book that I don't already have. (Basically anything besides Sanderson books because I got all those.)

14 hours ago, Mushroom Catalog said:

I wish for a good book that I don't already have. (Basically anything besides Sanderson books because I got all those.)

The Nightwatcher beckons you to state your taste, genres, other fav books for comparison so she may make good recommendations

On 2/8/2020 at 5:49 AM, Honorless said:

The Nightwatcher beckons you to state your taste, genres, other fav books for comparison so she may make good recommendations

Things somewhat similar to Sanderson. I really liked Name of the Wind series by Rothfuss, the Brandon Mull serieses (Fablehaven, Beyonders, etc.), those sort of things. I also really like sci-fi space opera, (theoretically Mistborn era 4) like the Expanse (written by somebody).

9 minutes ago, Mushroom Catalog said:

Things somewhat similar to Sanderson. I really liked Name of the Wind series by Rothfuss, the Brandon Mull serieses (Fablehaven, Beyonders, etc.), those sort of things. I also really like sci-fi space opera, (theoretically Mistborn era 4) like the Expanse (written by somebody).

I would suggest N K Jemisin, Guy Gavriel Kay & China Miéville as some less often cited authors when asked for fantasy authors similar to Sanderson. Also definitely read put Philip Pullman if you haven't yet.

Have you read the classics of sci-fi such as Asimov or Dune or Dragon's Egg? Put them on your list immediately if you haven't.

You could also broaden your horizons and go for some content that is available for free. Web fictions like Ra and Grand Design are really good and really similar in style to Sanderson. The latter has humanity in the role of the mystical ancient advanced aliens and dogs as a space-faring race. As for Ra, well that one is best left unspoiled. You can read Ra here: https://qntm.org/ra and Grand Design here: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/21216/grand-design

Your bane is an unquenchable thirst for more novels, now go

I wish for a briefcase full of million dollars in cash and nothing else in it

47 minutes ago, Honorless said:

I would suggest N K Jemisin, Guy Gavriel Kay & China Miéville as some less often cited authors when asked for fantasy authors similar to Sanderson. Also definitely read put Philip Pullman if you haven't yet.

Have you read the classics of sci-fi such as Asimov or Dune or Dragon's Egg? Put them on your list immediately if you haven't.

You could also broaden your horizons and go for some content that is available for free. Web fictions like Ra and Grand Design are really good and really similar in style to Sanderson. The latter has humanity in the role of the mystical ancient advanced aliens and dogs as a space-faring race. As for Ra, well that one is best left unspoiled. You can read Ra here: https://qntm.org/ra and Grand Design here: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/21216/grand-design

Your bane is an unquenchable thirst for more novels, now go

The Questioner thanks the Nightwatcher for the generous bane, then leaves to go attempt to quench his thirst for novels.

2 hours ago, Honorless said:

Granted, you are granted a briefcase filled with a million dollars. You must quest for it though. The briefcase is in the Cash, which is a country's name. It is also an acronym for Crazy Awesome Serial Hemalurgists.

(Read your Bane after the completion of your quest for the briefcase)

Spoiler

Your bane is that you will gain a permanent Atium effect upon completion of your quest, whether by death or by finding the briefcase, and all the Hemalurgists will know about it

I wish for Allomantic Cadmium.

The Nightwatcher looks at you with surprise. She had been expecting another wack wish, but this wack wish was actually genius. That would feel great.

Granted, but anybody who touches you, on purpose or on accident, gets the part touching you wet. Brush against your shoulder? Gets wet. Hugs? Doused down the front. Even through your clothes.

I wish I could communicate telepathically with anybody of my choice, and as many people as I want, from any distance, with no repercussions for me or the person I chose.

On 2/12/2020 at 1:30 AM, Mushroom Catalog said:

I wish I could communicate telepathically with anybody of my choice, and as many people as I want, from any distance, with no repercussions for me or the person I chose.

Granted, you can now communicate telepathically with anybody of your choice, and as many people as you want, from any distance, with no repercussions for you or the person you chose. This telepathic connection however uses other people's brains as "amplifiers" to hop to the person you want to have a telepathic conversation with, often damaging the neurons of the people acting as the "bridge", outright putting them in a coma or even rendering them brain dead

I wish for the ability to always be fresh, physically and mentally

Granted, you get a peg leg too. A peg leg made from the said Shardblade. Good luck walking.

I wish for a bed with the dimensions of 10ftx10ftx10ft as comfortable as magically possible, cruelty free, appearing exactly three feet in front of me, matching my Y-axis and Z-axis. Complete with comfortable blankets, three in number that cover the whole span of the bed, no more, no less. Three pillows, 2ftx2ftx6in, also extremely comfortable. Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

I wish for a bed with the dimensions of 10ftx10ftx10ft as comfortable as magically possible, cruelty free, appearing exactly three feet in front of me, matching my Y-axis and Z-axis. Complete with comfortable blankets, three in number that cover the whole span of the bed, no more, no less. Three pillows, 2ftx2ftx6in, also extremely comfortable. Thank you.

Granted. The center of the bed appears three feet away from you and... oh dear, it appears that having a bed appear in you chest is very bad for you. You Bane is that you are kept alive as a disembodied head forever.

I wish for shardblade arm.

Granted, but ironically, despite your trying to trick the Nightwatcher by spelling oddly, you get a what appears to be an oak sapling. Eventually it grows a face, and you realize it’s actually the Deku Sprout, and your bane is that Ganondorf hunts down you and forces you, through brutal and merciless means, to tell you where you’ve hidden the Deku Sprout.

11 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

The Nightwatcher reads your mind and grants your unspoken wish. A box of extra toasty cheez-its appears in front you. Your bane is that you have to trip Stevie Wonder every time you want to eat one.

I wish to be the ultimate Throw Throw Burrito champion.

Edited by Rosharan A.C.

On 2/19/2020 at 7:54 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

You become the ultimate master of htis game, but nobody wants to play with you again.

I wish to become One with the Force.

Granted, you are one with the force. However, your body dissolves and you become a ghost like one of those other dudes. You know what I mean. Of course because you are a ghost and have the force, you end up getting a whole bunch of random powers you can use to make the plot work when you feel like and only use them once in a sequel series after you accidently corner your storyline and run out of things to do but still need to finish the story because your company needs to make a whole bunch of money.

I wish that I could figure out how to help people.

Edited by Mushroom Catalog
Quote and phrasing.

On 2/21/2020 at 1:30 PM, Mushroom Catalog said:

I wish that I could figure out how to help people.

First of all, *hugs* The world needs more people like this.

Now, this is something I ask myself too. I’ve learned that listening is a good, no, great start. I’ve started following three guidelines in my interactions with people to just...help them and make their day brighter:

Smile. Whenever you meet someone’s eyes, give them a smile. They might need the joy.  
Compliment. Try to give one honest compliment in a conversation. They might need the reminder.  
Ask. Ask people how they are doing. And listen to them. They need to know that they matter.

I’ve found that these steps really help me, help others. I wish you luck.

And I wish the Nightwatcher would make more people see this post. We need more light and kindness in the world.

2 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

And I wish the Nightwatcher would make more people see this post. We need more light and kindness in the world.

Granted. Your Bane is that it will get so many upvotes that the 17th Shard will crash. Since you failed to give Mushroom Catalog a Bane, I shall give you the Bane of Nightwatchers who fail to do their job, or TBONWFTDTJ. According to article 2 of section b of the 4th ammendement of Nightwatcher Boon/Bane, you shall be subject to 50 years of hard labor at the pits of Hathsin, followed by the death of all those you love. You will then have a hearing to determine whether you simply forgot to give a Bane, or if you intended to give them no Bane as part of a conspiracy. If the latter is the case, then your most recent wish shall come undone. If, on the other hand, it is the former, then you will only be subjected to eternal torture in The Valley, in order to warn the other Nightwatchers not to repeat this mistake.

I wish for a really good idea for something to post on TLT (The Longest Thread).

Edited by Nameless

On 2/23/2020 at 2:16 PM, Nameless said:

Granted. Your Bane is that it will get so many upvotes that the 17th Shard will crash. Since you failed to give Mushroom Catalog a Bane, I shall give you the Bane of Nightwatchers who fail to do their job, or TBONWFTDTJ. According to article 2 of section b of the 4th ammendement of Nightwatcher Boon/Bane, you shall be subject to 50 years of hard labor at the pits of Hathsin, followed by the death of all those you love. You will then have a hearing to determine whether you simply forgot to give a Bane, or if you intended to give them no Bane as part of a conspiracy. If the latter is the case, then your most recent wish shall come undone. If, on the other hand, it is the former, then you will only be subjected to eternal torture in The Valley, in order to warn the other Nightwatchers not to repeat this mistake.

I wish for a really good idea for something to post on TLT (The Longest Thread).

Granted, you will always feel as though your sock is falling off inside your shoe.

I wish for a large boba tea, preferably peach.