Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

On 1/18/2020 at 9:55 PM, Kelsier'sGodComplex said:

I wish I was less tired all the time.

Granted, you always fall asleep at 10 pm every night, and wake up at 7 am every morning consistently, without fail. With your new health amount of sleep, you are no longer tired. However, this happens even when you don't want to sleep. Swimming? Time to drown. Need to be someplace at 4 in the morning? Too bad!

I wish I could function normally on only 2 hours of sleep every 24 hours, and I can choose when I sleep.

Granted. You're now a small meat and cheese sandwich with a square-ish bun. You're bane is you're so delicious that everyone wants to eat you, and you have to live the rest of your life on the run.

I wish contacts wouldn't make my eyes feel so weird every time I used them.

19 minutes ago, Rosharan A.C. said:

I wish contacts wouldn't make my eyes feel so weird every time I used them.

Granted, instead of making your eyes feel weird, they cause immense pain. Your curse is that you will have a pair of contacts permanently fused to you face.

I wish for a full suit of Mithril plate armor, with a Mithril sword and shield that cannot be stolen from me.

“Granted, but it’s poison– wait, did you say it doesn’t harm you or anyone else? Storms, that bane won’t work... Ok, fine, take this! Hah! Look! Your hands just fell off! Now you can’t eat the bacon!”

The Nightwatcher collapses on the ground laughing at the sight of you squirming to eat your one piece of bacon.

I wish for Stormlight 4 to come out already.

Granted, but everyone dies. The bane is that it’s written really, really well, to the point where a lot of people love this having happened - it was just that good. The other half of the fandom hates it despite this, and Sanderfans tear each other apart online until the fan base is a mess no one ever wants to enter again. 

I wish for all my boons from here on out to have banes that are completely unconnected to them - no relation whatsoever - and this wish, once granted, can’t be stripped from me. 

13 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

I wish for a cabinet. I could use a magical cabinet that is resizable at will and objects within it shrink with it.

Granted. I agree that having a magical cabinet would be nice, but I digress. You wished for a cabinet, so here is a cabinet, completely normal in every way. Your bane is that your cabinet looks really ugly, and that while journeying to visit me (the Nightwatcher) you have missed the magical cabinet sale.

I wish that I would be as good as thinking up creative Banes to go along with wishes as:

(WoR spoilers)

Spoiler

Taravangian is at predicting the future on his smartest day.

4 hours ago, Kelsier'sGodComplex said:

I wish for a phone. I dont have one, sadly. 

AuihaiehlfuielHIUEHefkhjkLUIFHiulIIUELHFFEhjkdbnfdkslaiu13 #*(^$&(#$^*&^jlkhbjsHHFHSEUHSKLJDHFCCNXVNBF

Spoiler

I unfortunately have lost the ability to speak or type English, and also don't know what a phone is. you get light, as the closest word I still know to phone is "Photos" light. the light is very bright, and it follows you everywhere.

ខ្ញុំចង់បានសាច់មាន់មួយ

Edited by Llstml

2 hours ago, The New Rashek said:

I want to be an allomantic pulser (uses cadmium)

Granted, but you gain a severe allergy to Cadmium, even looking at it causes you to go into cardiac arrest.

I wish that I could this post would be translated into english.

Edit - עס געארבעט! Edit2 - <_<

Edited by Llstml

1 hour ago, Llstml said:

Granted, but you gain a severe allergy to Cadmium, even looking at it causes you to go into cardiac arrest.

I wish that I could this post would be translated into english.

Edit - עס געארבעט! 

Granted, it gets translated. However, as your bane, it's meaning never gets shared with the world.

I wish to be able to choose when I sleep and how long I sleep when I choose to do so, both of which powers work.