Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

16 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Granted, needless to say calamitous warring ensues, no need to tack on a Bane on this hot mess!

I wish for Baldr's blessing, that is nothing on Earth will hurt me, but including mistletoe!

Edit: here's a link explaining Baldr

https://mythology.wikia.org/wiki/Baldr

Fine , some ascended dude throws a moon at you tho. So yeah both you anf your world end.

I wish for Soviet Roshar. Only that 

56 minutes ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Fine , some ascended dude throws a moon at you tho. So yeah both you anf your world end.

Dang it! I forgot about other astronomical bodies!

57 minutes ago, PrinceGenocide said:

I wish for Soviet Roshar. Only that 

Here, as requested:

I wish for Freyr's Sword (basically a sword that gives you swordfighting skills)

On 12/28/2019 at 9:26 AM, The Awakened Salad said:

I wish for necromancy powers, and absolute control of the dead that I resurrect. 

Granted! You can kill people in a certain range and then tie their life to yourself to summon them (within that same range). They have a low level mental compulsion to follow your orders, more akin to as though they are susceptible to your suggestions. It builds up over time till following you is an automatic reaction for them. They retain all their skills and are autonomous, requiring no extra effort or attention on your part to maintain them. They are essentially people. You can also tie the recently dead whom you did not kill yourself or even those who died long ago, as long as you have records of their behaviour and some biological matter from them. Wherever any of your thralls' bodies are missing biological matter, your power supplies them & restores them. Whether these are really the same people or if your power is cloning them is up for debate. Your summons' experiences and emotions touch your mind too, you become capable of seeing through their point-of-view, you sort of learn things from them via mental osmosis, skills like fighting: barehanded or knives & guns, wilderness survival, chemistry, cooking, mechanics, discipline, analyzing body language, alertness, pickpocketing, criminal underground, persuasion, seduction... you change, slowly, irrevocably, inexorably. It's gradual, hard to notice.

Your body is kind of in a stasis, so killing you is very difficult, even with total incineration, a new you would emerge. Whether this new you is really the same old you or a copy is up for debate.

People come to you from all over the world. People pray to you. To bring back their loved ones. And you listen. You bring back those taken too early, lost to disease or accident, you allow people to solve their own murder, you bring back lost soldiers. You bring back those who were wrongly convicted. You are careful about choosing whom to bring back, a fact that causes many people to be resentful of you. Many faiths have declared you as the Enemy. Many have declared you their God. You prefer to think of yourself as a hero. 

You always ask someone after bringing them back to life if they want to go back to their old lives. Many are overjoyed and so very thankful. Many are hesitant. Many choose to explore the world and have a second chance at life. Some even choose to stay with you, having no one to go back to.

Some you choose for their skill rather than the morality of their deeds, these you don't let go, you make them more obedient and learn their skills.

Slowly you become skilled in everything even as nations rise & fall. Slowly you accumulate the knowledge of ten thousand lifetimes and slowly you are consumed. The death of personality. Your voice is gone, instead what remains is a stapled mess of a thousand souls. Your body is still there, still doing hero work, an empty husk or a prison? People pray to you and people curse you. You choose who gets another life. People rebel and die and become yours. You choose who gets to come back. If you can even be called 'you' at this point.

I wish for the power to give people Midas' touch as well as take it away

Edited by Honorless
word repetitions and redundancies

8 hours ago, Honorless said:

Granted! You can kill people in a certain range and then tie their life to yourself to summon them (within that same range). They have a low level mental compulsion to follow your orders, more akin to as though they are susceptible to your suggestions. It builds up over time till following you is an automatic reaction for them. They retain all their skills and are autonomous, requiring no extra effort or attention on your part to maintain them. They are essentially people. You can also tie the recently dead whom you did not kill yourself or even those who died long ago, as long as you have records of their behaviour and some biological matter from them. Wherever any of your thralls' bodies are missing biological matter, your power supplies them & restores them. Whether these are really the same people or if your power is cloning them is up for debate. Your summons' experiences and emotions touch your mind too, you become capable of seeing through their point-of-view, you sort of learn things from them via mental osmosis, skills like fighting: barehanded or knives & guns, wilderness survival, chemistry, cooking, mechanics, discipline, analyzing body language, alertness, pickpocketing, persuasion, seduction, criminal underground... you change, slowly, irrevocably, inexorably. It's gradual, hard to notice.

Your body is kind of in a stasis, so killing you is very difficult, even with total incineration, a new you would emerge. Whether this new you is really the same old you or a copy is up for debate.

People come to you from all over the world. People pray to you. To bring back their loved ones. And you listen. You bring back those taken too early, lost to disease or accident, you allow people to solve their own murder, you bring back lost soldiers. You bring back those who were wrongly convicted. You are careful about choosing whom to bring back, a fact that causes many people to be resentful of you. Many faiths have declared you as the Enemy. Many have declared you their God. You prefer to think of yourself as a hero. 

You always ask if someone after bringing them back to life if they want to go back to their old lives. Many are overjoyed and so very thankful. Many are hesitant. Many choose to explore the world and have a second chance at life. Some even choose to stay with you, having no one to go back to.

Some you choose for their skill not the morality of their deeds, these you don't let go, you make them more obedient and learn their skills.

Slowly you become skilled in everything even as nations rise & fall. Slowly you the accumulate knowledge of ten thousand lifetimes and slowly you are consumed. The death of personality. Your voice is gone, instead what remains is a stapled mess of a thousand souls. Your body is still there, still doing hero work, an empty husk or a prison? People pray to you and people curse you. You choose who gets another life. People rebel and die and become yours. You choose who gets to come back. If you can even be called 'you' at this point.

How are you so good at these? You’re seriously so good at this! I would never come up with the ideas you do in a million years :P

On 12/30/2019 at 8:23 AM, Honorless said:

I wish for the power to give people Midas' touch as well as take it away

Granted, you may give people Midas' touch. You may also take it away, by killing them. Have a good time listening to someone begging you to take the Midas ouch away, after they turn a family member into gold, and knowing the only way to do that is to kill them.

I wish for chunks of Lerasium, Tanavastium, Edglium, Raysium, Bavadium, and Atium that are each the size of a large marble, with the exception of the Lerasium and atium, of which I want sixteen beads the size of large marbles.

Granted! However they are all fashioned as unchanged spikes stabbing you! That’s all the cost of hemalurgy, without any of the benefits! And if you remove them, you die! And you can’t burn any of them because you have no mistborn powers! Your bane is that your best friend’s mind is supplanted by Ruin!

I wish for Kandra-like abilities, but only for my hair!

Granted. You receive a deed for each of these in the appropriate size and quantity. Your bane is that they came from the black market, and the police quickly break into your house and arrest you. In a desperate attempt to escape, you swallow the metals, realize you're not an allomancer, and die of lead poisoning. Turns out a couple marbles were fake.

I wish that I could go back in time to experience Koloss Head-Munching Day.

Edit: Dangit! ninja'd.

Edited by Rosharan A.C.

41 minutes ago, Rosharan A.C. said:

Granted. You receive a deed for each of these in the appropriate size and quantity. Your bane is that they came from the black market, and the police quickly break into your house and arrest you. In a desperate attempt to escape, you swallow the metals, realize you're not an allomancer, and die of lead poisoning. Turns out a couple marbles were fake.

I wish that I could go back in time to experience Koloss Head-Munching Day.

Edit: Dangit! ninja'd.

Granted! You are given the ability to go back to the time of Koloss Head-Munching Day 2019 (and only that day), and be transported back to the present once the day ends. Your bane is that you will be prevented to do anything that would change anyone's (including your past self) experiences or memories of the day, forcing you to not only remain out of sight and perception, but also to spend the day unable to interact with anything or anyone. Have fun doing nothing but existing for a day!

I wish to have the abilities of a full Feruchemist.

Edited by SirWolfe

5 hours ago, SirWolfe said:

I wish to have the abilities of a full Feruchemist.

Granted! you will become a keeper at about the time of the beginning of The Well of Ascension, the only drawback is that you must remain in Terris with the other keepers until after the Hero of ages ends, unless forcibly removed by others of evil intent.

I wish for more time.

Just now, Llstml said:

Granted! you will become a keeper at about the time of the beginning of The Well of Ascension, the only drawback is that you must remain in Terris with the other keepers until after the Hero of ages ends, unless forcibly removed by others of evil intent.

I wish for more time.

Darn, I guess I die...

11 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

I wish for Kandra-like abilities, but only for my hair! 

Granted, but your hair eats you! 

4 hours ago, Llstml said:

I wish for more time. 

Granted, you have more time to contemplate everything you hate. You can’t think of anything else. 

I wish to be able to get out of bed tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, Llstml said:

I wish for more time.

Grannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

The Nightwatcher's speech becomes slower and slower till it becomes incomprehensible. And then nothing. Everything is frozen. You can't move, because the very air around you is frozen. Time passes, aons come and go. You're still in that glade, frozen in that one moment of the granting of your ill-fated wish.

Unbeknownst to you, The Nightwatcher continues, "your bane is death... or shall I say your boon is death" and summons a sword to swiftly decapitate you.

But to you the sword approaches ever so slowly, ever so slightly. A millimetre every one millenia. You watch its approach with terror and elation in your heart. You want release. You don't want to die. You want release. You don't want to die. You want release. Just kill me please. You want release.....

Edited by Honorless
Ninja'ed by a picosecond

9 hours ago, Honorless said:

Grannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

The Nightwatcher's speech becomes slower and slower till it becomes incomprehensible. And then nothing. Everything is frozen. You can't move, because the very air around you is frozen. Time passes, aons come and go. You're still in that glade, frozen in that one moment of the granting of your ill-fated wish.

Unbeknownst to you, The Nightwatcher continues, "your bane is death... or shall I say your boon is death" and summons a sword to swiftly decapitate you.

But to you the sword approaches ever so slowly, ever so slightly. A millimetre every one millenia. You watch its approach with terror and elation in your heart. You want release. You don't want to die. You want release. You don't want to die. You want release. Just kill me please. You want release.....

Perfect! now I have plenty of time for self reflection!

9 hours ago, AonEne said:

I wish to be able to get out of bed tomorrow. 

Granted. You do get out of the bed the next day. You step out carefully, of course. One does not trust the monkey's paw that is The Nightwatcher. To your surprise the day went great. You weren't tired at all! In fact you had more energy than ever! Now that you thought about it you had the most restful sleep in a long time that night. Evening approaches, you go back home happy. Have a nice dinner, chat with some friends, do some RP, watch a few episodes of RWBY, feel sleepy. That night your bed swallows you.

You did wish to be able to get out of bed for one day

I wish for the ability to always have a little cash in my pockets

1 hour ago, Honorless said:

I wish for the ability to always have a little cash in my pockets

Granted. However, you will never have any money on you except for the cash in your pocket, which will never be the correct currency for you to use.

I wish for a sixteen absolutely perfect gemstones capable of capturing shards.

16 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Granted, but for whatever reason, they are the most incredibly embarrassing thing you’ve ever carried, and everyone constantly ostrasizes you for having 16 shards in your pocket.

I wish for the month of January to pass by quickly

Granted! The next time you wake up, you'll find that it is February. The catch is that this will always be the case. Every time you go to bed after the end of the year, you will remain asleep until the month of January has passed. This is not a stasis either, your body continues to function as it normally would for the entirety of the month. Without the help of friends and family, you will die of dehydration or starvation during your time asleep. If they don't change your clothes or bathe you, you'll wake up filthy. If they don't turn you over every once in a while, you will get bed sores. Also, you age normally during that time. You've just lost 1/12 of your waking life.

I wish to be able to store my motivation to do work when I choose to and then tap it at a later time.

5 hours ago, SirWolfe said:

I wish to be able to store my motivation to do work when I choose to and then tap it at a later time.

"Granted", The Nightwatcher hands over a pair of metal bracers to you. "Well, try them!", she urges you on. So you do, you start storing your motivation in them. For a second, you were afraid that you'll lose the motivation to keep storing motivation, but it came to you as easy as breathing. So you stored and stored and stored. You decided to stop but couldn't seem to complete the thought. You didn't have the motivation to stop. Somewhere deep inside, a part of you was panicking but couldn't find the motivation to wonder why. The thought bubbled up in your mind to take off and throw the bracers away but you couldn't find the motivation to move a muscle. So you stood there and continued storing motivation.

I wish for the ability of precise hemokinesis (telekinetic manipulation of blood) Mwahahahahaha!

2 hours ago, Kelsier'sGodComplex said:

I wish for a 4.0 gpa. My current one is only a 3. something.

Congratulations! You now get a perfect GPA regardless of what you do. Unfortunately, your teachers hate you with a burning passion, you find yourself with multiple permanent reports on your school record, and you now have a criminal history (not for murder or anything, just for robbery and repeat arson). If you wanted the GPA to get into college, tough luck, they won't take you. If that's your college GPA we are talking about, have fun trying to find work with that criminal history of yours.

I wish for one week where everything goes right for me. 

2 minutes ago, SirWolfe said:

I wish for one week where everything goes right for me. 

Granted! for one week everything you see will move to the right for you, no matter how large it is. I am feeling generous today, so I will make it permanent and skip the bane.

I wish to be smart enough to do school easily, but not too smart to interact with people.

1 minute ago, Kelsier'sGodComplex said:

Granted! But like Taravangian, you're IQ fluctuates at the worst times. You need to do a test? 5 IQ. You need to interact and be social? 160 IQ. Good luck! 

I wish for a new coat. 

Granted. You can never take it off.

I wish for tetrachromacy.