Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

34 minutes ago, FatherTiempo said:

Granted, but they are smiling because everyone has gone insane.

I wish for a vanilla hot fudge sundae, hold the nuts.

Ok, you have to carry a 50 lb bag of almonds in each hand  for the rest of your life

i wish for the way back to come but once

• 2 weeks later...

Granted, the words "The" and "Game" are blocked out of your mind anytime you hear them, and all The Game is removed from all of your memories. You live with internal peace for years, content to continue systematically posting, until your older brother finally stops telling you to. For years, you live in blissful peace, if slight confusion. But then, one day, you remember The Game, and you go back to being an alcoholic and hiding alone thinking your family hates you.

Also, your bane is that everybody sneezes on you whenever they say your name.

I wish that I had a enough money to go the college of my choice as long as I choose to and to be able to afford everything I need to at that college and outside of it at no mental, physical, emotional, or temporal harm to anybody, myself included, or property of people I associate with, or my own property.

2 hours ago, Mushroom Catalog said:

Granted, the words "The" and "Game" are blocked out of your mind anytime you hear them, and all The Game is removed from all of your memories. You live with internal peace for years, content to continue systematically posting, until your older brother finally stops telling you to. For years, you live in blissful peace, if slight confusion. But then, one day, you remember The Game, and you go back to being an alcoholic and hiding alone thinking your family hates you.

Also, your bane is that everybody sneezes on you whenever they say your name.

I wish that I had a enough money to go the college of my choice as long as I choose to and to be able to afford everything I need to at that college and outside of it at no mental, physical, emotional, or temporal harm to anybody, myself included, or property of people I associate with, or my own property.

8 hours ago, FatherTiempo said:

Granted, but you have to major in Statistical Anthropology, with over 200 credit hours. After graduating the only job you are able to find is Neanderthal skull counting.

I wish for Brandon Sanderson to become a Skybreaker.

7 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Granted, but he stops writing to go join the police force.

I wish for money

AAHHHHHHHHHHHH

My worst nightmare. Although, it would be a welcome addition to our homeland security.

52 minutes ago, Lord Furret said:

Granted, you're killed in a terrorist attack.

I wish there was no depression.

Granted. Cultivation chooses to make this request instead of her Spren, the Nightwatcher. She understands the deep struggle those with depression go through, and knows that for many it is necessary for their individual growth and cultivation. So she does not utterly remove the depression. Instead she adds a way for hope to still cultivate in the hearts of those with depression. If the person is able to find their own source of hope, it acts as a counter to the depression. As you choose to focus on the hope, the effects of the depression shrink, and are eventually completely hidden. This does not mean they won't resurface. These feelings may be needed in the future in order to find the strength to overcome a new challenge. 

Seriously though, everyone. Removing depression should not come with a bane. It should only be a boon. I hope anyone with depression can find a source of hope, and cling to it! I know your struggle. I know how real, and dark and scary it can feel. I've had mild bouts of depression, and have close family who has had major struggles with depression and anxiety over the last few years. If any of you feel lonely or need help, I am frequently online, and if you send me a PM, I'm more than willing to talk to you. I don't want to lose any of you.

---

Also Granted. There was No Great Depression. The baby boomer generation was bumped back to the 1930's moving the symptoms and problems of the millennial generation to the 1960s. The Growth of I-phones was not slowed by the depression, and were developed 7 years earlier, around the turn of the century. The current millennial generation became a mixture of the millennials and Gen Z, due to the earlier advent of technology. World War III has begun, but it has taken the form of twitter storms from all the rulers of all the countries. Twitter has now become toxic and the average person has uninstalled it from their devices. The end. No more Twitter. Look what you did!

I wish I could eat all the ice cream currently in existence with no adverse affects to my physical or mental health.

Granted, the entire world lives in happiness for all eternity, until they accidently overpopulate and they all die. You also get some yes depression instead.

I wish for a fish, a good dish of fish that I can eat and won't kill me.

(Apparently this didn't post for an hour. Sorry.)

Edited by Mushroom Catalog
Ninjad by an hour. Because my computer didn't work.

On 9/18/2019 at 10:23 AM, Cadmium Compounder said:

I wish I could eat all the ice cream currently in existence with no adverse affects to my physical or mental health.

Granted!

You feel the strangest sensation as your liberated consciousness flies up and expands. As your mind drifts upward, you see the body your mind used to inhabit start to dissipate into thin swirls of brightly lit particles, like the embers that drift up from a fire, and your mind continues to expand and move upward away from the rapidly disassociating remains of your corporeal form. Soon the town you used to live in looks like nothing more than a speck, and your consciousness leaves the confines of the atmosphere of the pale blue dot that used to be your home and moves ever upwards, expanding all the while.

Soon within the mirrored reflection that is your minds eye, the whole solar system stretches out beneath you like a child's play thing, and this too begins to dwindle as your consciousness moves ever on and continues to expand.

Soon, your expanded consciousness encompasses the whole universe and your expanded essence now permeates all life. You see the vast and multiplicative expression of the imperative that is Life in the countless alien species that populate the universe. Marveling at the variety and beauty of creation, you notice that every alien civilization includes one and only one common invention. Yep, you guessed it, Ice Cream!  As you live your deathless life, able to experience every type of life enjoying every variety of ice cream in the known and unknown universe, you have a realization that is at once simple yet profound. Your consciousness has fused with the consciousness of the Creator of the Universe, and you realize that God created the universe precisely to enjoy ice cream in it's infinite variations. Every civilization's primary teleological function is to produce new and delicious flavors of ice cream, and God sees that this is good, very very good.

All of the above occurs in less than the blink of eye, and before the Nightwatcher can dispense a bane to you, you and the force that is responsible for the creation of the universe, cause a very delicious triple scoop cone of ice cream to appear in one of the Nightwathcer's tentacles. As she enjoys her Rocky Road, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Cremling Shell Crunch ice cream cone she forgets all about your bane, you leave the window that is her mind as she eats the last bite of her cone and sighs contentedly.

On 9/18/2019 at 11:33 AM, Mushroom Catalog said:

I wish for a fish, a good dish of fish that I can eat and won't kill me.

Granted!

Served up on a nice flat halibut that you are using as a plate (and yes that is a good dish of fish) is a fancy Pure Lake fish, piping hot and smelling delicious.

After you eat both the Pure Lake fish and the halibut fish dish, you notice that you're feeling a little gassy. As you bend over to tie your shoe, an unholy wind erupts from your backside. Thinking that was probably just the halibut, you continue blithely along your way.

Unfortunately, the Pure Lake fish was a magic fish, and the Old Magic has a nice symmetry, so this fish itself has a boon and a bane.
The bane is that from now on, anytime you bend over, a gale force fart is unleashed from your posterior. The boon is that your hair has never looked so shiny, so you have that going for you.

I wish that I could control my hair, and have it move en-masse at my command, and further I would like to have it endowed with a strength equal to at least one of my arms (magically so, I don't want a beefy muscular scalp) so that it could function not unlike a monkey's prehensile tail.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

21 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

wish that I could control my hair, and have it move en-masse at my command, and further I would like to have it endowed with a strength equal to at least one of my arms (magically so, I don't want a beefy muscular scalp) so that it could function not unlike a monkey's prehensile tail.

Granted but from now on you have the growsest hair in exsistance that cannot be cut. 

I wish that I could be transported into any book I chose.

Edited by Oduim's Chmapion

Granted. Your boon is that, just as you stepped outside before taking off, the doors to your house locked, and it flew away without you, taking all of your worldly possessions with it, and leaving behind broken water pipes, a burst sewage tank, and an electrical fire from the snapped cables. 

I wish that I could burn Bendalloy, thereby allowing myself to finish my homework in under 5 minutes.

52 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

I wish that I could burn Bendalloy, thereby allowing myself to finish my homework in under 5 minutes.

Granted. However, your relative time will still be the same. Everyone else would see you finish in five minutes, but you would still feel the hours. Your bane is that you cannot control when you burn bendalloy, it would burn randomly not allowing you to do anything significant with it. Also, there is a slight possibility that you could get stuck in the bubble forever.

I wish for the surge of abrasion as used by edgedancers.

Edited by FatherTiempo
Dang it sorry for the double post.

27 minutes ago, FatherTiempo said:

I wish for the surge of abrasion as used by edgedancers.

Granted. Your bane is that you can never stop using abrasion. On the plus side, you never run out of Stormlight. On the negative side, you can never pick something up again.

I wish that my team will beat at least one other at my Quizbowl tournament tomorrow, and that my school's A team will qualify for Nationals. (Is that two? I basically just want my school to do well.)

24 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Granted. Your bane is that you can never stop using abrasion. On the plus side, you never run out of Stormlight. On the negative side, you can never pick something up again.

I wish that my team will beat at least one other at my Quizbowl tournament tomorrow, and that my school's A team will qualify for Nationals. (Is that two? I basically just want my school to do well.)

Granted, but you have the inability to ever eat cookies again, even though you're constantly craving. 

I wish that I could understand. Everything.