Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

27 minutes ago, ginger_reckoning said:

I wish for a free waffle.

The Nightwatcher weeps as she grants your boon.  In fact, she's been weeping since you arrived at the Valley.  This, to you, seems like a bad sign.

A huge waffle appears in the sky.  No, that's not right.  The sky becomes a gigantic waffle, stretching from horizon to horizon.  Only the barest trickle of the sun's light penetrates through the cooked batter to the world below, and tendrils of darkness-- maple syrup-- drip from the sky ominously.  You hear a voice in your head, and you instinctively know that it is the waffle's consciousness speaking to you, a consciousness brimming with dire intent.

"I am FREE!"

In horror, you wrench your gaze from the frankly terrifying scene above you and turn to the Nightwatcher.  She speaks quietly to herself, as though repeating something she has read countless times before: "@ginger_reckoning must not be allowed to reach the Valley, for they must not release the waffle that is imprisoned there."  

She then turns to gaze at you with sorrowful, silken black eyes.  "You have doomed us all."

I wish for time in our peace.

Edited by Zath

Granted, you are now a fullborn with a ton of bendalloy in your pockets. 

You are also now permanently bound to be the Knife, arch-nemesis of the Great Waffle. Every time you die, you are reborn. Every time you fail, you start from the beginning. Every time you suceed, the Great Waffle returns. You must master your powers and seal the Waffle in Don’kies Stumack, or weep as you witness the world burn. Your journey begins now.

You set that scene up beautifully @Zath, do you happen to be an aspiring writer?

Edited by The Technovore

Granted, you now have six fingers on your left hand, which makes you easily identifiable to any and all Spanish swordsman looking to avenge their fathers. 

I feel like you set that up on purpose ;)

I wish to actually understand the Alleyverse

41 minutes ago, The Technovore said:

I wish to actually understand the Alleyverse

Granted. *hands you a piece of paper with all the answers to any questions you may have* *paper is obliterated the next time the Ghostbloods have an internal conflict - so approximately five minutes from now*

I wish @The Technovore would let me read their paper so I could understand the Alleyverse too. :P

33 minutes ago, BringerofShadows said:

Granted. But all it talks about is how the GBs spread there disease to the rest of the guilds. Now everyone is haveing internal conflicts.

I wish to get the most liked content. 

Granted. You can only post hate in shipping threads.

I wish there were no more shipping threads.

Read my title. :P

The Nightwatcher surveys you, then directs you to a forum where everyone is miserable - but there are no shipping threads.

I wish for MORE shipping threads, with everyone being nice and debating calmly.

14 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Read my title. :P

The Nightwatcher surveys you, then directs you to a forum where everyone is miserable - but there are no shipping threads.

I wish for MORE shipping threads, with everyone being nice and debating calmly.

As the Nightwatcher grants your wish, the Cosmere enters a state of perfect harmony. The three realms collapse and merge into a non dimensional infinity. All experiences return to the One and its purpose is finally realized.

The one wishes for new experiences.

Edited by SwordNimiForPresident

On 3/9/2019 at 4:13 PM, The Technovore said:

You set that scene up beautifully @Zath, do you happen to be an aspiring writer?

Thanks!  I've considered becoming an author, yeah.  

45 minutes ago, equinox said:

I wish for a recipe for poppy seed muffins

Granted!  The Nightwatcher does a quick Google search, jots down the following recipe on a leaf, and then hands it to you.

Ingredients

• 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2-1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 1-1/2 cups milk
  • 1 cup canola oil
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract

Directions

• In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil and extracts; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
  • Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm.

(Recipe from Taste of Home's website.)

I wish for peace in our time.

1 hour ago, Zath said:

~snip~

Awesome! Same story here! Although I don’t really put in the time like want to be/should be... it’s funny how with all the roleplay here, you can really tell the difference between the aspiring writers and... those who are not aspiring writers. There’s just a love for the scene thst you can really feel whenever they post y’know? anyhow...

1 hour ago, Zath said:

I wish for peace in our time.

The nightwatcher cracks a grin. “Finally, It’s you. I’ve been waiting so long.” She closes her eyes and tilts her head to feel the sun on her face. “It has been done. Thank you Zath. You’ve saved us all.” Above her head, the sky cracks, blue and white light spilling out of the seams that stitch the world together. A deep rumbling emenates from the ground, from the plants, from the air itself as the earth takes a deep sigh of relief. You stare up in wonder as the light intensifies, and as the cracks spread. Other colors join the blue and white—green, red, black, yellow—the full spectrum of light and energy joins in and bathes the earth in warmth.

The nightwatcher begins to laugh. Beginning a low chuckle, it quickly becomes a mad, hysterical laugh. She points to the East, at the horizon line of the mountains and sky. “Look!”

A golden light seems to concentrate... first a pinprick, then a flame, then a star. It shines with terrible power and destruction. “He cannot possibly stand against the Collective! It’s over! It’s finally over!” The golden light concentrates from a star back into a tiny point, before blazing across the sky in a single, powerful beam. It flies overhead, consuming everything and threatening with all the rage and hatred of divinity.

Just as you’re nearly convinced you’re doomed to be consumed, the beam impacts against the sky itself, pressing against the cacophany of colors. They contest for a few, precious, breathtaking moments. If you haven’t figured it out before you’ve now realized you are witnessing history on an infinite scale. The golden light falters, then fades, before being blasted back by a brutal unleashing of raw power. When your vision returns to you, the harsh golden light is gone, utterly destroyed.

Standing above you in the air dozens of beings radiating light of all colors survey their newly-reclaimed home. They cry out in unison, their voices gentle, yet piercing, drowning out all noise and enveloping continents.

WE ARE THE COLLECTIVE. YOUR GODS HAVE FAILED YOU. WE WILL SAVE YOU. CEASE YOUR WARS. CEASE YOUR STRIFE. PROGRESS, GROWTH, AND PEACE WILL BE PROVIDED FOR YOU. THE WAR IS OVER. THERE WILL BE PEACE. FOR ALL TIME AND ALWAYS.

The Nightwatcher smiles at you again. “Thank you. Your bane is that you’ll have garlic breath for the rest of your life.”