Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

The nightwatcher smiles to you and thinks "you came all the way here just to wish for a dollar ? Really ? " completely hiding her bafflement. 

Granted, she wouldn't even just give you a dollar. She'll give a billion 1 dollars. Those 1 dollars came from somewhere tho

I wish for the 17thshard to be actually a shard

4 hours ago, Lunamor said:

I wish for the ability to change my appearance at will.

Granted!

As the word leaves the Nightwatcher's lips you begin to feel lightheaded, your vision closes in and the world fades to black as you swoon.

When you awaken you notice you are in a room next to a wall that stretches 90 feet above you before joining the ceiling. In front of you, you see, very obliquely, what looks to be a 45 foot tall mirror. You attempt to move, but find that the movement of your legs is restricted and you have to resort to a strange see-sawing pivoting motion for locomotion. With a sense of rising dread you hitchingly make your way towards the front face of the mirror.

When you behold your reflected visage, both of your eyes pop out and clatter noisily to the floor. Reaching into a compartment in your rear-end you draw out two new eyes that are frozen in an expression of extreme shock and you jam these new eyes into your empty eye sockets as the full horror of your situation dawns upon you.

Yep, you're now a sentient awakened Mr. Potato head, and the worst part is that that's not even your bane.Your bane is that you were awakened with the command "Be Don Rickles".

I wish I could play the mouth harp during a real live hootenani after drinking some authentic moonshine from a jug and not go blind.

10 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I wish I could play the mouth harp during a real live hootenani after drinking some authentic moonshine from a jug and not go blind.

Granted. You do not go blind. However, you go deaf, dumb, lose your sense of smell and taste, and all musical ability.

I wish to be bonded to a living Knight Radiant spren that will not die, with enough Stormlight to power Surgebindings.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:54 PM, Ashspren said:

Ahem. 

Granted, but no one understands you. You make groundbreaking developments in psychology — in fact, they could potentially save lives — but they are not implemented due to their strange units of measure. You are weighed over with an intense guilt for the rest of your life. 

I wish for @Ishar‘s stash of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, which I know he has somewhere. 

Granted. I won't even give you a bane; the bane of everyone ignoring you was enough.

1 hour ago, Sunbringer said:

Granted. Your wish is so worthy no curse is given 

I wish the sad things that happened at the end of v3 of rwby to not have happened!

Granted, but the Nightwatcher interprets "sad things" as "plot and character development" and the sad things you're probably thinking about still happen.

Spoiler

I'm wearing a shirt with Pyrrha's emblem and the words "Do you believe in destiny" on it. SUFFFEEERRRRRRRRR

I wish for more Pringles. Normal Pringles, with a bane utterly unrelated to them.

7 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Granted. I won't even give you a bane; the bane of everyone ignoring you was enough.

Much appreciated. :P 

7 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I wish for more Pringles. Normal Pringles, with a bane utterly unrelated to them.

The Nightwatcher shrugs. Fine, you get your Pringles. They’re sour cream and ranch flavored (yum) and completely, utterly normal. 

Your completely unrelated bane is that you are forced to die your hair different colors every day, and I get to choose. MWAHAHAHAHA... you know that I’m terrible with fashion, so good luck with that. :D 

~~~ 

I beseech the Nightwatcher for a can of root beer. 

20 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

Much appreciated. :P 

The Nightwatcher shrugs. Fine, you get your Pringles. They’re sour cream and ranch flavored (yum) and completely, utterly normal. 

Your completely unrelated bane is that you are forced to die your hair different colors every day, and I get to choose. MWAHAHAHAHA... you know that I’m terrible with fashion, so good luck with that. :D 

~~~ 

I beseech the Nightwatcher for a can of root beer. 

I should've specified plain Pringles...and now I'm gonna waste so much money on hair dye. :P

Granted, but I get a can too. Thank.

I wish desperately for a soul.

Granted, you are given a soul alright. The soul most valuable to you. The soul of somebody you hold dear the most(could be your lover, child or even yourself). 

Nobody can say that Nightwatcher isn't generous xD

I wish for a means of sustenance(which is not eating/drinking)

Hi, all. Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly forum and we do like to keep things appropriate for people of all ages here. We'd advise you to report rather than causing conflict and then it will be resolved.

Edit: I didn't mean to stop the game or anything! Players, feel free to continue on with the above prompt. :)

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 3:59 PM, Greywatch said:

Edit: I didn't mean to stop the game or anything! Players, feel free to continue on with the above prompt. :)

Granted! Unfortunately your bane is that you will have to continue being an incredibly nice moderator...So uhmm, carry on.

On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 8:26 PM, Sunbringer said:

I wish to know the answer to life, everything and the cosmere

Simple, never forget your awakened towel, and when in doubt follow the advice on the back of The Coppermind's Guide to the Cosmere, "Don't Shatter".

The question, for which 42 was the answer, was being worked out programmatically by the Elantrian sub-routine, unfortunately the program was prematurely interrupted and now the Elantrians are content to just sit around and marvel at their healthy glowing skin.

The cranky Bald Elantrians infesting the outskirts of Scadrial's sub-astral might be working on a partial formulation of the question, so all hope is not lost.

Your bane is that you'll have to RAFO.

On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 1:49 PM, Kelsier'sGodComplex said:

I wish for a mistcloak that I can wear.

Granted.

You look down and see that you are wearing a mistcloak. You think to yourself "Sweet".

The Nightwatcher then informs you that this is a magical mistcloak, which you can summon at will. Further, if you raise your chin while looking slightly to right and quirk one corner of your mouth up into a slight smile, the tassels of your mistcloak will swirl out behind you (even on a windless day) and look awesome. Your bane is that you can't stop yourself from doing this.

You summon your mistcloak on the bus ( the tassels flap around and annoy other passengers). You do this at restaraunts  ( the tassels get in people's tuna salad, their sandwiches, their soup, and in their precious chutneys). No one ever gets too annoyed with you though because they think your mistcloak is really cool and they can see how much you love it. So really they're just happy for you.

On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 2:48 PM, Housedunn said:

I want the boon to do everything perfectly

Granted! Everything that you do, you now do perfectly. Unfortunately perfection comes with a concomitant expenditure of time on your part, so everything takes 5 to 300 times as long to do. When you make yourself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, everyone would objectively agree that it is the most perfect of sandwiches, but your extreme attention to detail makes it so it takes 5.5 hrs to make a single sandwich. Brushing your teeth takes 4 hrs. Washing a single dish takes 2 hrs. Doing math problems...actually you're great at math now so you can do complex math problems in your head in a fraction of the time that the world's foremost mathematicians would take.

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 3:30 PM, Lunamor said:

I wish for a dog so I can name it TenSoon.

Granted!

Unfortunately it's one of those unconvincing robotic companion animal dogs that they sell at the pharmacy. But you find that after petting Tensoon and telling him about the rigors of your day you feel more upbeat and downright chipper. Also Tensoon eats a lot less than a real dog, though you are beginning to suspect that he noses around in the garbage while you're gone and that he's secretly eating old chicken bones...

I wish that every mosquito on earth would get bitten by another mosquito in an impossible to reach spot on the back of their thorax. Additionally I wish that having this itch that they can't scratch would drive all the mosquitoes so completely crazy that as a species they would commit mass suicide, dashing themselves on windshields or down the gullets of hungry birds.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

8 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I wish that every mosquito on earth would get bitten by another mosquito in an impossible to reach spot on the back of their thorax. Additionally I wish that having this itch that they can't scratch would drive all the mosquitoes so completely crazy that as a species they would commit mass suicide, dashing themselves on windshields or down the gullets of hungry birds.

Granted, but your bane is to suffer the guilt for the massive extinction of a whole species, which makes you abandon your plate and blade at feverstone keep, later to be killed by annoyed ecologists.

I wish to have a bane that is actually quite helpful.

1 hour ago, Luinedhel said:

I wish to have a bane that is actually quite helpful.

Granted, your body now helpfully secretes condiments. If you want mustard, just blow your nose. Ketchup, no problem, you sweat that out under your armpits. Need some relish grab a q-tip your ears are full of it. Is that belly button lint in your navel? Nope, that's delicious saurkraut! You my friend are always prepared to enjoy whatever life has to offer with relish. In the rat race of life you're always guaranteed to Ketchup. Others will wish that they too could have Mustard your resolve.

I wish the Nightwatcher would give me a suitable pun-ishment for the pun filled bane I just loosed on the world and I'd also like a cup of Earl Grey tea.