Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

Granted! Whenever you burn a metal you actually burn-up inside like you feel like you are on fire on the insides. The consolation is that nothing actually happens to you but it's just that you completely feel a burning sensation whenever you use allomancy.

I wish to be really lucky

(I’m stealing this one for when I asked something similar) granted. You now take the nightwatcher’s place. However, cultivation does not appreciate your taking her child’s power, and you are now her slave.

i wish to be able to look slightly into the future, like with atrium without the atium

Granted. You can see, smell, hear, taste, and touch in the future. In fact, it seems like you live in the future, however, your body is in present time. You keep bumping into people after they bump into you once, you constantly feel like people say things twice, and bad tastes last twice as long.

I wish to be able to change anything’s taste.

4 hours ago, Arash.F said:

I wish I could take the sword out of the stone!

Granted.  You can take the sword out of the stone-- but you can't the stone out of the sword! B)  

...Allow me to clarify: the sword will always crave the rocky embrace of stone.  Every time you bring the sword near anything remotely stone-like, it will zoom out of your hands straight at the stone as if it were Ironpulled.  It's very annoying and, frankly, hazardous.

I wish for the tenth pancake.

On 1/19/2019 at 11:55 AM, Zath said:

I wish for the tenth pancake.

Granted, you now have the elusive 10th pancake!

He goes by the name of Lil' Tashikki, and he's a 100% spiritual pancake:

SpiritualPancake_LilCutie.jpg.ee8a18b93cf0b49e946422a5e5a595a8.jpg

While he is adorable, he does follow you around incessantly and likes to perch on your head while you are waiting for the bus:

SpiritualPancake_BusStop.jpg.337b2b2681d004a94f7dc1e478cdedc8.jpg

I wish that I could be a cognitive time traveler, and by this I mean I wish that I could start doing a task and then skip forward in time to when that task is complete, so that I have no conscious memory of having done that task, but I still get the benefit of having done that task. So I could go to the gym lets say, and skip forward 2 hours in time to the point where the workout is done, retain no conscious memory of having done the workout but still have the benefit of having done it. Or I could sit down with an Encyclopedia set, and then skip forward 1 week in time where I have the read every volume of the Encyclopedia, cover to cover, and retain the same information from that as I would have had I been consciously aware of reading the Encyclopedia set.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine
typos typos typos

33 minutes ago, Rashek of Bridge Four said:

I wish I rulered the world.

Granted!

A 12 inch ruler appears in your hand and you are instantaneously transported 44,015 miles from the surface of the earth and the Nightwatcher is feeling generous so you are in an oxygenated temperature controlled space suit. You find when you extend your arm fully, and are holding your 1 foot ruler at a distance of 2 feet from your eye, your 1 foot ruler completely covers up the earth. You my friend have just rulered the earth.

Unfortunately you only have 12 hours of oxygen to enjoy your time rulering the earth as you drift slowly through space, but here's a cool picture of you during your brief yet glorious time rulering:

RuleredTheWorld.jpg.93df879dddff57e9a36b2df4baf5017c.jpg

I wish I had the magical power to summon things that were lost. Like my car keys. I could just summon them from wherever they were currently at and they would appear in my hand (not embedded in my hand, but on my hand so that I could grasp them).

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine
typos, always typos

On 1/20/2019 at 4:23 PM, Rossamund said:

I wish the Nightwatcher granted a wish of their own.

The Nightwatcher looks at you and her big luminous eyes brim with tears as she says "Thank you, sweet mortal. Thank you."

You see she always dreamed of writing poetry, but Cultivation kept her so busy with dispensing boons and banes that she never had time to try.

Unfortunately your bane is that you have to listen to her poetry.

Here's a sample of one of her Ketek's:

I am splintered Divinity
The craving soul yearns to be it's own
owning its being 
Yearning soul, craving the divine
Splintered—was I?

And one of her better free verse poems: 

Oh infinite Cosmos,
    how unlike a lavis polyp art thou?

In the infinitude of your infinite vastness,
    wherefore do I, a simple piece of the power of creation, pray, fit in?

Hearken to yon larkin,
    its thirst—never to be quenched

May I too—drink deeply of the glowing soul of the universe
    and I'd like a turkey sandwich too, that sounds really good.

Thankfully, your bane is of a limited duration. After a couple of weeks (and about 20 poetry readings) Cultivation steps in and forces the Nightwatcher back to her old job. The Nightwatcher is ok with this because she realizes that if she had continued she would have been Unmade into the 10th Unmade, Die-Groan-Laugh-at-us, the incarnation of Bad Poetry.

I wish that hemalurgy could be applied non-terminally and remove more abstract qualities of personality and also remove more mundane conditions of being. For the abstract quality type of hemalurgy, an example would be that you could spike out someone's tendency to complain about the post office, and say use that spike to give that characteristic to your cat. For the mundane condition of being type of hemalurgy, an example would be that you could spike out your tendency to get halitosis, and then give that halitosis to someone else. And since these spikes are non-terminal, they would be great for pranks.

Put a hemalurgically charged pin on your teachers chair with the abstract quality of the proclivity to flatulate explosively, and hilarity ensues. Once the pin is removed, the condition is removed as well, no harm done, all in good fun.

Granted, but the logo has nothing to do with you.

I wish for this spike,

7 hours ago, StormblessedSurvivor said:

Granted, however, this method is now used on you to remove all your knowledge of Sanderson and the Cosmere.

to have double the cosmere knowledge.

Granted. Your bane is that the spike is quite obvious coming out of your forehead. You set off every metal detector, and people always ask if you know about the five foot spike through your head. You look like a unicorn, though, so that’s fun!

I wish for as many fruit snacks as I could ever want.

Granted. These are the units, from smallest to largest:

Saven

Smokestone

Bright Sky

Voidapple

I'll even give you the patents for the terms!

Oh, by the way, @Blessing of Potency, @ShadowLord_Lith, @Ashspren, @Arlin, @Apollyon, @Voidus, and every pineapple in the world is quite annoyed that you stole their ship names and patented them. I'm betting some will forgive you, but others might not...(Those pineapples and inactive people. Hard to convince.)

I wish for you to be able to use those as units of measurement.

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

Oh, by the way, @Blessing of Potency, @ShadowLord_Lith, @Ashspren, @Arlin, @Apollyon, @Voidus, and every pineapple in the world is quite annoyed that you stole their ship names and patented them. I'm betting some will forgive you, but others might not...(Those pineapples and inactive people. Hard to convince.)

Ahem. 

Granted, but no one understands you. You make groundbreaking developments in psychology — in fact, they could potentially save lives — but they are not implemented due to their strange units of measure. You are weighed over with an intense guilt for the rest of your life. 

I wish for @Ishar‘s stash of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, which I know he has somewhere. 

Hey I think Dad may have told you this story little sister @Kelsier'sGodComplex

Granted. You start to make it, but as you pour in the milk you realize its so rotten it is now basically cheese, (no, stone lol) and you have officially ruined the box, but you do indeed have it. 

I wish for all the idiots in this class I am in currently to leave. 

Granted, they are all downvotes.

That dosen't work because they asked for UPvotes. It's not granted if you give them downvotes.

Edited by Mailnaise