Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

8 hours ago, Arith Matic said:

Moash but he's not a complete jerk

HOW? This just isn't possible. 

Also, your wish is granted. You are instantly transformed into Zeus. Your bane is to lose your sense of humor completely.

I wish to be able to know that I am hungry for and not just that I'm hungry but not for ______. (Fill in the blank with any food that's easily accessible, is leftovers, or is desired by any normal person at any given time. Basically, most food ever.)

6 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

I wish to not have to watch commercials.

Granted. You no longer have eyes to watch commercials with. Your senses are enhanced to counter for that, however (and here's the bane) your brain is constantly tuned to whatever radio station is currently playing the most obnoxious jingle commercial at any given moment, just loud enough that you can never forget about it.

I wish to win sole jackpot on the next lottery ticket I buy and be able to redeem it for fully valued cash. (Before someone calls me selfish, it's not for selfish reasons. I won't disclose why exactly, but it's not just for enriching myself)

Edited by Invocation

10 minutes ago, Invocation said:

I wish to win sole jackpot on the next lottery ticket I buy and be able to redeem it for fully valued cash. (Before someone calls me selfish, it's not for selfish reasons. I won't disclose why exactly, but it's not just for enriching myself)

Granted, they don't even tax you on it. Unfortunately you realize you are in fact selfish and spend it all on a statue of yourself in a major metropolitan area. (Your choice which city.)

I wish to watch a cage-fight between Moash and the Anti-Moash gang, but Moash gets his powers!

2 minutes ago, Invocation said:

I wish to not have to watch commercials.

The nightwatcher shakes her head, sighs, and buys you a premium subscription to a popular Cosmere streaming service, DirectCosmere.  You get home, excited to try out this new streaming service, but it takes you forever to find an HDMI cable long enough only to find out that you need some weird port that you need to buy off of a popular Cosmere online shopping site, Cosmerezon (yeah couldn't think of anything else).  It takes about 6 business days.  You wake up  the next week excited, and finally hook up the darn thing.  You hook it up and turn on the tv only to find that the television doesn't even really exist, so, you don't have to watch commercials, or anything annoying really.

4 minutes ago, Invocation said:

The Nightwatcher grants the wish, and you get 250 million in Vietnamese dong, which is about 5,749,812,500,00 in single bills.  Good luck getting that back to your living area!

fortunately, you have a lot of money now, and you dish out some money to a totally serious popular Cosmere logistics service, Cosmere  to Z (really).  This operation is huge, and so is it's cost.  So you are forced to pay 249,999,87.34 to the disgruntled and tired logistical service, leaving you with quite the fortune in rupees.

I wish that Weird Al Yankovic could sing "I want to be cool" by Baljeet in the season 2 episode 34 episode: "The Wizard Of Id'.

10 minutes ago, Dalakaar said:

I wish to watch a cage-fight between Moash and the Anti-Moash gang, but Moash gets his powers!

I win alone, because if Moash gets his powers, I get my guns, and he's gonna run out of Stormlight before I run out of bullets to put in his head.

----This is not a continuation of the thread, just a comment, this post means nothing in the grand scheme of this thread----

12 minutes ago, Arith Matic said:

I wish that Weird Al Yankovic could sing "I want to be cool" by Baljeet in the season 2 episode 34 episode: "The Wizard Of Id'.

Granted. The Nightwatcher, realizing that this must be the entire purpose she was even created, is yet unable to resist giving you a bane. So Weird Al dies the day after creating this music video.

He is 100% satisfied with his life and the last thing he ever did.

I wish I could have any type of ice cream any time.

11 hours ago, Arith Matic said:

Moash but he's not a complete jerk

So...no difference from regular Moash? (I'd love to debate any of you on this. He's made questionable decisions, but technically he's never been a jerk, if we're going by the definition of the word.)

20 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

I wish for a Red Ryder Carbine-action 200-shot Range Model Air Rifle.

Granted, but it can also turn into a scythe. You may be wondering why this is a bane. Well, you have the entire company of Rooster Teeth chasing you down for copyright issues, so...better get used to life on the run?

I wish for a garden of roses and a Christmas tree.

The Nightwatcher, not knowing what either of these things are asks you to explain. After a long talk she creates these:

Christmas tree:

Tree with VERY sharp needles pointing out from it in all directions. It has decoration on it, little cremling shells pained in all colors

Roses:

Some VERY spiky flower,with a green stem and a white top that curls around in a nice patter

Your bane of choice is that the preferred food of whitespines is the Christmas tree. The Nightwatcher also liked the story of alice in wonderland's roses, so she siks a beheading loving queen who hates white roses on you!

I wish that @Arith Matic would change his profile picture to something less..."meme"

22 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Granted. The Nightwatcher, realizing that this must be the entire purpose she was even created, is yet unable to resist giving you a bane. So Weird Al dies the day after creating this music video.

Weird Al can't die, he consumes the souls of the celebrities he parodies to stay alive forever. 

14 hours ago, Rekrulmurof Eht said:

I wish that @Arith Matic would change his profile picture to something less..."meme"

The Nightwatcher sighs, and says to you "can't squadfam.  Technically he got you with the okay symbol in the profile picture, so your wish is useless, try again"

So essentially, your boon is that you don't get a bane, and your bane is that you don't get a boon.

I wish that @Rekrulmurof Eht would try again.

2 hours ago, Snipexe said:

Granted, but you go blind as your bane

The nightwatcher is confused, as she had been approached without someone seeking a boon. She therefore, grants the boon of immortality, as that's what most people want, and the bane of being able to love someone, but never be loved back.

I wish to be able to get perfect grades and ACT score

41 minutes ago, Karnage said:

Your wish is granted but now hair cuts do exist. :)

I wish the I would never have to get a haircut again.

All hair on your body falls out, never to grow back.

I wish I had more friends in real life to discuss Cosmere novels with. (Everyone here is great but instant feedback is nice)

6 minutes ago, WindrunnerRadiant said:

All hair on your body falls out, never to grow back.

I wish I had more friends in real life to discuss Cosmere novels with. (Everyone here is great but instant feedback is nice)

Granted, your friends all like Cosmere. Your bane is that you forget how to read, and never will be able to again.

I wish to be able to know the answer to The Ultimate Question.

The night-watcher is somewhat confused about what makes a question ultimate. So they decide that since people often complain about where lost objects are your boon will be the answer to the question where is my pen.

Your bane is that you won't know the answer till you find it.

I wish for the best hat.

11 minutes ago, Rossamund Rhapadocera said:

I wish for the best hat.

Granted! The Nightwatcher gives you this little beauty:

Besthat.jpg.94de76e1506719ec50555075e9bc5ad4.jpg

Unfortunately she also makes it so you have no anal opening, but the upside is that your new hat functions as a stylish colostomy bag.

I wish Rosamund's last bane was reversed (sounds awful) and that the Nightwatcher give's her a functional hat that she/he can drink beverages out of in a hands free manner.

Granted.

The Nightwatcher says to you "Have you watched any Monty Python?", And you stand there, puzzled.

Then (If you have watched The Holy Grail), It hits you.

There, in the clearing stands the killer rabbit of Caerbannog, right there.  The nightwatcher says "Looks like you have done a really big oopsie.  Now I better go.  I don't want to see this."  

At the snap of her fingers the Nightwatcher disappears, leaving you with the killer rabbit alone, You run for your life, and you are forced into a life of hiding.

I wish for a regular book, and not a magic one.  Doesn't have to be a good book.  Just a book.