Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

1 hour ago, Lunamor said:

Granted, but you receive a random Smedry talent without any of the benefits.

I have no idea what this means.

14 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

I wish for all of the knowledge in the Cosmere.

Granted. You are now in a permanent coma due to the overload.

I wish to have an idea for what to wish for.

Just now, Dalakaar said:

Granted, you receive every boon and curse in this entire Topic!

Oh sweet holy God no please have mercy.

1 minute ago, Dalakaar said:

I wish women never got periods.

Granted. Fertility rate plunges as all women have only a single portion of their life where they are able to bear children and from then on are infertile forever.

I wish to have motivation to do what I want and need.

5 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Oh sweet holy God no please have mercy.

Yeah... that happened. :wacko:

5 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Granted. Fertility rate plunges as all women have only a single portion of their life where they are able to bear children and from then on are infertile forever.

Did we just solve over-population? Cause I'm not seeing a huge downside. (I hate kids. Bleh, loud smelly things.)

Just replying, please pass this by next Poster!

↑↑↑

2 hours ago, Lunamor said:

I wish for more pizza places to have stuffed crust.

Toxic waste and radioactive depleted Uranium rounds are now routinely stuffed into the earth's crust under every Pizza Parlor in the nation, but the upside of this is that there are way more Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles now. The latest batch were named after famous thinkers from the Enlightenment. There's Diderot (with the Bo), Montesquieu (with the Num Chucks), Rousseau (with the Sai's) and of course, no collection of enlightenment thinkers would be complete without a fearless leader, Sir Tortoise Newton (with the Katanas, and for some reason he's always throwing apples into the air and then cutting them with his katanas as they fall).

I wish I had time travel powers, like in the critically acclaimed Disney series "Best Friends Whenever", but I wish that, unlike in the show, that my super best friend time travel powers were activated when I was petting my dog, and he or I thought about a time in the past or the future. I also wish that if either of us was thinking about sleeping in the past or future, and then we decide to go back to the normal timeline after sleeping in the alternative timeline that we would both retain the benefit of having slept more in the alternate timeline. I think I made that sound more complicated then it actually is, but I'm ok with you getting Cultivation if this is too hard for you to get right Nightwatcher. And thanks for all you do to make the world just a little bit weirder, really it's nice.

3 hours ago, Dalakaar said:

I wish women never got periods.

3 hours ago, Invocation said:

Not going to go in detail on this conversation because...well, yeah, but THANK YOU. Now if only this were real.

17 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I wish I had time travel powers, like in the critically acclaimed Disney series "Best Friends Whenever", but I wish that, unlike in the show, that my super best friend time travel powers were activated when I was petting my dog, and he or I thought about a time in the past or the future. I also wish that if either of us was thinking about sleeping in the past or future, and then we decide to go back to the normal timeline after sleeping in the alternative timeline that we would both retain the benefit of having slept more in the alternate timeline. I think I made that sound more complicated then it actually is, but I'm ok with you getting Cultivation if this is too hard for you to get right Nightwatcher. And thanks for all you do to make the world just a little bit weirder, really it's nice.

Granted. Cultivation steps in to help you out. She makes fun of you, though, but that's your only bane.

I wish to have character ideas. (Like, actual ideas, not just someone saying "you have them now".)

15 hours ago, AonEne said:

I wish to have character ideas. (Like, actual ideas, not just someone saying "you have them now".)

The Nightwatcher pulls you aside, makes sure no one is looking, and whispers into your ear a bunch of character ideas, some wacky, some, well, bad.  Such as 

A magic talking dog who bonded a spren

a robot who wears sunglasses

Moash but he's not a complete jerk

And she tells you that you have to come up with their weaknesses yourself, because you can't just add no flaws to a character.  That's a Mary Sue ( or Marty Stu).

After that, the Nightwatcher gives you your bane:

every time you open your mouth, a magic talking dog who bonded a spren comes up to you and scolds you for asking for magical help for writer's block. 

I wish that I had a magic book.  Nothing specific, just magic.

Edited by Arith Matic

The Nightwatcher grants your wish, and at the snap of her fingers a sundial is magically grafted onto your wrist.  This wouldn't be so bad if the sundial was small, but the Nightwatcher's magic sundial service of choice, Magic Sundials LLC, ran out of mini sundials just this morning, so, (just to be mean really) she ordered the largest sundial they had, the Wizard's Obelisk 2019!  Featuring all sorts of wonderful  gadgets, like cup holders, a GPS, radio, and it even doubles as a cooler!  But, this sundial is, incredibly large and you are pinned down by your arm for the rest of your life.  But, they do make a movie based on your experiences called 127 years!

I wish for a good old fashioned ham radio.

The Nightwatcher is confused by your statement, so, she made you exactly like Lift, but well, way more hastily put together.  The result is the following:

• Always feels hungry, but cannot consume stormlight
  • carries around a plastic rod, claims its magic
  • radiant powers (this is not very unchanged, but you didn't bond a spren so the Nightwatcher just makes you very slippery {like a greased up frozen slip and slide})

So, Immediately after, you feel a deathly hunger about you.  You try to walk away but you slip and fall, and slide for quite a long time.  You try to get up but you are just to slippery, and so you are forced to eat 12 hours a day, and slide around on your stomach while doing so.

I wish I could play the esteemed board game Fortnite Monopoly without purchasing it first, just to see how bad it really is.