Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

55 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

Granted. I hope you enjoy your beer because is the only thing you'll consume for the rest of your life.

I want to be able to solve complex math problems mentally.

That's gonna be a short life. :blink:

Granted! However, you now can't read.

I wish I could meet my roleplay characters.

2 hours ago, Joy said:

Granted! Time has been frozen for you and you alone. It will never start again for as long as you live.

I wish my shower was functional.

Granted. You will now always smell like the inside of a dumpster.

I wish for the ability to will away any sickness or ailments.

Edited by Dizzy

1 hour ago, Mailnaise said:

I wish I could fly. 

Turns out the Nightwatcher gets a bit confused and you become pretty fly for a white guy. (Yup, that means if you're not a white guy you just became one.) 

Vanilla Ice

Cruising in your pinto

31 tattoo

You're livin' the dream

I want to make sweet beautiful sleep to my many pillows whenever I want and I want it to be socially acceptable to do so even if I should be at work.

3 hours ago, Dalakaar said:

I want to make sweet beautiful sleep to my many pillows whenever I want and I want it to be socially acceptable to do so even if I should be at work.

Granted!  You now have narcolepsy, along with an uncontrollable urge to prove undeniably to everyone when you first meet them that you have narcolepsy.  You carry around a folder stuffed with doctor's notes that verify your narcoleptic status for this very reason.  Fortunately, this folder fits very nicely inside the many, many pillows that you carry with you everywhere you go.

Your bane: you now have narcolepsy, so even though you can (usually) fall asleep whenever you want, sometimes you fall asleep when you don't want.  This makes driving a vehicle very dangerous, among various other activities (extreme sports, moderately-treme sports, walking up or down stairs, operating heavy machinery, ladders... so on and so forth.  Also, bears.  Just a general warning: bears).  

I recommend carpooling, or getting a chauffeur if that's more your style.  And bear spray, because, you know, bears.

I wish that we have the technology.

2 hours ago, Zath said:

Granted!  You now have narcolepsy, along with an uncontrollable urge to prove undeniably to everyone when you first meet them that you have narcolepsy.  You carry around a folder stuffed with doctor's notes that verify your narcoleptic status for this very reason.  Fortunately, this folder fits very nicely inside the many, many pillows that you carry with you everywhere you go.

Your bane: you now have narcolepsy, so even though you can (usually) fall asleep whenever you want, sometimes you fall asleep when you don't want.  This makes driving a vehicle very dangerous, among various other activities (extreme sports, moderately-treme sports, walking up or down stairs, operating heavy machinery, ladders... so on and so forth.  Also, bears.  Just a general warning: bears).  

I recommend carpooling, or getting a chauffeur if that's more your style.  And bear spray, because, you know, bears.

I wish that we have the technology.

Granted!!! But now you have an abnormal fear that the robots are all out to get you.

I wish I could have better internet.

Granted, but you don't like it. (Not going into details because I think that's a franchise I don't know.)

I wish @Zath would post more often (and therefore have the time to do it) and not have that harm the rest of his life in any way. More awesome Nightwatcher, more awesome Beram, more awesome everything please.

19 hours ago, Dizzy said:

Granted!!! But now you have an abnormal fear that the robots are all out to get you.

It's only abnormal because the robots have already brainwashed the rest of you into placid acceptance of their reign of terror!  I'm the only one left...  *panicked breathing*  They're coming... They're coming for me!  AUGH!!!

15 hours ago, EneNoa said:

I wish @Zath would post more often (and therefore have the time to do it) and not have that harm the rest of his life in any way. More awesome Nightwatcher, more awesome Beram, more awesome everything please.

Aww, shucks... ^_^  Stop inflating my ego, you kind-hearted soul, you.

2 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Granted, but all of his posts have to have an annoying meme attached.

Mocking Spongebob Meme | aLL oF mY PoStS hAvE to HaVe An aNnOyInG mEmE aTtAcHeD | image tagged in memes,mocking spongebob | made w/ Imgflip meme maker 

:P   ;)

2 hours ago, Lunamor said:

I wish for the powers of a Kandra.

Granted!  The Nightwatcher blows a column of green smoke into your face, and you feel your flesh begin to bubble and melt off of your bones.  The control over your body that you previously enjoyed is completely gone, and you collapse into a puddle of translucent muscles.  Your thinking slows to a crawl, and then to a feeble twitch; your cognitive functions are devolving into those of a simple mistwraith.  This is the end...

Sploooorp.

Twin lengths of metal suddenly interrupt the uniformity of your slimy flesh.  You can suddenly think again, and you realize that the metal must be a kandra Blessing, a pair of spikes that grants sentience and power.  Whew, that was a close one, you think, unable to do anything other than think at the moment.

Plopshm, bloormp, sploombmp.

Six more spikes enter your body.  The sensation is unpleasant, but the understanding that these spikes are the other three types of kandra Blessings overshadows the discomfort.  Wow!  You're now smarter, and your senses, body, and emotions are much stronger than they used to be!  Awesome! you think to yourself.  The Nightwatcher gave me a great boon!

Wait a sec.  The Nightwatcher gave me a great boon...  Uh oh.  What's my bane?  What's my bane?!?

You wait in suspense for the inevitable curse the Nightwatcher has in store for you.  And wait.  And continue to wait...  

Nothing happens.  Hmm.  Well, you might as well get going then.  You try to take a step, but the only result is a faint trembling in one of your many muscles.  You don't move anywhere.  

Oh yeah.  I don't have legs. Fortunately, you can feel the skeleton of your former human body nearby; you can use that to form a new body!  Excellent.  ...Now, how do form a foot?  And where does this bone go?  If you could see what you were doing, this would be a lot easier.   ...How do you form eyes? 

Yes, your bane is that you have no idea how to form a body and no kandra mentor to teach you how.  Trial and error, baby.  Maybe you'll get the hang of it in a few centuries or so.

And since the Nightwatcher doesn't think that's bad enough, you are also immediately recognized wherever you go, no matter what form you take.  And physically impersonating the deceased is considered very bad form, don'tcha know.  

Ninja'd.  :ph34r:  Storm it. 

19 minutes ago, StormblessedSurvivor said:

I wish to have a perfect life (perfect in my opinion-the opinion that I currently have).

Granted!  The opinion you currently have of a perfect life is frankly ridiculous, so you find yourself in an enormous tree-house dressed in overalls, a tuxedo jacket, Groucho Marx glasses, and a fez.  The tree-house is bare of furniture and goes on forever-- there is no way out.  Every room you enter has stacks and stacks of money, preserved forever in large cubes of amber.  There's no way to get the money out, and no way to spend it even if you could.  (The cubes of amber are artfully placed, however.  You make a mental note to compliment the interior designer when you get the chance.  After you complain about the lack of furniture, of course.)  

An annoyingly dapper butler by the name of Vern trails you everywhere you go.  Every fifteen seconds he offers you caviar, room-temperature root beer, and nothing else.  He refuses to respond to anything other than requests for caviar, room-temperature root beer, or both.  This pleases you.

You soon discover that by blinking three times rapidly, you can activate a VR implant and play the video game you always thought should exist:  Tree-House Maze!  It's an exact virtual replica of the enormous tree-house you're currently trapped in.  Ain't that grand?

You enjoy yourself for a couple days, but then you start to lose your mind, as is proper in such a situation.  

The Nightwatcher gives you no bane, seeing as how your boon is curse enough.

Ninja'd AGAIN. :ph34r:  *grumbles*  

9 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

I wish for there to be more emojis on the 17th shard.

Granted.  Image result for emojis

Your bane is that while these are technically on the 17th Shard (since they're in my post here and we are on the 17th Shard's website currently... *double-checks URL*  Yes, we're on the 17th Shard :P), you'll have to be creative if you want to use one in particular rather than the entire bunch in one big table of emojis.

I wish for a perpetual motion machine.

Granted, the planets of our solar system are now the balls of a giant perpetual motion machine (similar to this one: https://www.videoblocks.com/video/perpetual-motion-machine-eei2p1ydl) which you technically own. Everyone on Earth has seven minutes to live before it crashes into the other end of its compartment.

I wish for a hover board that actually hovers.

Edited by Lunamor

Yay! Your wish is granted, hover board have been invented, but you don't get to use yours, because when they were the new door-buster deal on Black Friday, you were trampled on the way in and broke your leg with permanent repercussions. Have fun with that 90% off hovering hover board now. 

I wish to be able to yell at people who make me angry with no repercussions. :D

7 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

I wish to have a sphere filled with Stormlight that never runs out.

Granted. You go blind, deaf, numb, and mute, unable to contact the outside world to tell people what the sphere is and why it's glowing.

I wish for the ability to swap myself at will into the opposite sex in an equal representation of what I would be at that point.