Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

Granted.  You get divine luck, but only are divinely lucky to get the worst possible situation to occur at any given time.

I wish that the high school musical movies would vanish off the face of the earth, and that I would not remember watching them.

Edited by Arith Matic

2 hours ago, Solant said:

Great, you broke the Nightwatcher.;)

LFV60Zr.gif

Cultivation dealing with another Nightwatcher bug...

2 hours ago, Brightness Warrior said:

"Granted! This one's on me."

You get no bane, thankfully. 

I wish to have all the same powers of the Nightwatcher herself and still retain my identity.

You take the place of the Nightwatcher. (Note above "percussive maintenance" schedule has been upped...)

You retain your identity, literally... in the form of a Tamagotchi pet you have to constantly keep an eye on.

My boon? I would like to treat Cultivation to a night out on the town. Nice meal, dancing, maybe a spren-theatre-movie (however that'll work o.O )

Up to her if we remember it the next day...

Granted.  She swaps you gender first (she wanted to try something new).  Also, the Stormfather gets jealous in a way he doesnt understand or know how to emotionally contain, and the fallout is...intense.  You dont remember the Why of any of this, but the physical effects are permanent. 

Boon: Full conscious understanding and control of my own Spiritweb.

Granted! You are now Ruin! Bane....You are now Ruin!! So it’s the same either way!! And you can manipulate the spirtweb of others too!!! Yay!

My boon: Everything Pokémon becomes some messed up spren enslavement  game where you throw gems at spren to capture them and force them to do your bidding!

Edited by The Forumlurker

4 hours ago, The Forumlurker said:

My boon: Everything Pokémon becomes some messed up spren enslavement  game where you throw gems at spren to capture them and force them to do your bidding!

Granted!  Everything about Pokémon remains exactly the same as it has always been. The sole difference is in the naming: you throw Pokégems to catch Pokéspren.  That's literally the only change.

Your bane is that every electronic device you currently own, or will ever own in the future, now requires 4 AA batteries to function.  Doesn't matter if you have a power cord for it, the cord does nothing for you.  Only good old fashioned AA batteries will power those devices.  If your device doesn't have a slot for batteries, you'll have to rig it up yourself using cardboard, cheap copper wiring, and duct tape.  I'd take some basic electronic engineering classes if I were you.

I call upon the Nightwatcher to grant me a boon:  Make it snow, please!  Just enough for proper snowman-building conditions if it's not too much trouble, Nightwatcher ol' pal, ol' buddy o' mine.

20 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Granted! You can now build your snowman! Yay!

Your bane is that you no longer know what snow is. Boo.

Yay!

...Oh storms, what is this white stuff on the ground? Where did it come from?!  ...It can mean only one thing.  THE EVERSTORM COMES!!!!

20 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

I would like a nordic drinking horn that provides infinite eggnog.

Granted!  One Nordic drinking horn of infinite eggnog coming right up!  It's the non-alcoholic variety because you didn't show any identification to the Nightwatcher, so she played it safe.  Rich, creamy, delicious.  It also comes with the bonus guarantee that it will never, under NO circumstances, cause your grandma to get run over by a reindeer.*  So that's nice. 
*Nightwatcher & Associates shall not be held liable for any instances of reindeer-related attacks on grandmothers occurring prior to your receipt of this infinite-eggnog Nordic drinking horn.

Your bane is that your relatives and friends (and even vague acquaintances) keep mistaking your drinking horn for a powder keg.  If you don't keep a careful eye on the drinking horn at practically all hours of day and night, you'll soon find that your previously-delicious eggnog now tastes a lot like saltpeter, sulfur, charcoal, and other gunpowder-y flavors.  Hmm.

I wish for THE BEST.

On 10/10/2018 at 7:31 PM, Ishar said:

I wish that we knew what Trell's overall plans are.

On 10/11/2018 at 7:10 AM, (Shadow)Lord_Ookla said:

Granted, but every time you try to tell someone you get tongue tied and forget until you see a pug.

Image result for pug

Granted, but you no longer know what that is, exactly.

I wish for @Ishar to see this and tell me Trell's plans!

What?! Is the Nightwatcher even allowed to do that? I thought we had to grant everything, unless it's specifically something that ACTUALLY can't be granted, like sanity! And why am I getting a bane if I have no boon? Can I sue? :P:lol:

Granted. However, I just noticed your profile picture, so the Nightwatcher delivers upon you this bane: William Afton starts hunting you down. Disregard the giant bloody anthropomorphic rabbit; he's not going to kill you at all...

I wish for my previous wish, because I got GYPPED, I'm telling you. (I also wish everyone a Merry Christmas, but only the second one when I'm out of the Valley.)

(By the way, @Brightness Warrior, the mods prefer if we don't double-post. You're fine because you didn't know, but in the future, there's an edit button you can use! Welcome to the Shard! ^_^)

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

William Afton starts hunting you down. Disregard the giant bloody anthropomorphic rabbit; he's not going to kill you at all...

Yah'no, if my buddy Nightmare actually wanted me dead, I can accept that I don't stand a chance. He is, after all, an 8-something foot demon bear with 10-inch claws and wicked teeth, not to mention the 'fear factor.' (What kind of teleportation abilities does our red-eyed voidbringer pal here possess? Who knows? Who cares?)

On 12/24/2018 at 7:11 PM, AonEne said:

I wish for my previous wish, because I got GYPPED, I'm telling you. (I also wish everyone a Merry Christmas, but only the second one when I'm out of the Valley.)

Granted! But you can tell nobody what you know, and whenever you think of what you were told you feel an overwhelming urge to run around screaming at the top of your lungs while also square dancing. With yourself.

I wish for everyone to have a positive outlook on everything.

Edited by StormblessedSurvivor

10 hours ago, StormblessedSurvivor said:

I wish for everyone to have a positive outlook on everything.

The Nightwatcher shakes her head in disgust before she, with a pitying look, whispers the baneful word "granted" that hangs in the air in a luminous green puff of mist until it slowly swirls and dissipates.

The next thing you know, the nightwatcher's powerful tail swings in and slaps you right across the face as she slithers back into the woods, leaving one more final luminous whispered message hanging in the air "you're welcome".

You think how wondrous it is to be suddenly warmed in the chill night air by the involuntary voiding of your bowels from instinctual terror due to your recent brush with death. You also think how great it is that you'll get to drink all your solid food as smoothies as you spit out a mouthful of bloody teeth that thankfully were liberated from the prison of your jaw from the salutary impact of the nightwatcher's tail.

All across the land, similar tragedies are likewise perceived as powerfully uplifting strokes of good luck.

Also, with everything being looked on as positively as possible, all work towards human progress stops. All tv stations play the same episode of Dora the Explorer on infinite repeat, because, gall darn it, that's good enough. Drivers of buses no longer feel constrained to avoid hitting pedestrians, pedestrians no longer feel constrained to wear clothing, in short you have unleashed an Apocalypse of unprecedented stupidity.

The critical faculty is necessary for the proper functioning of society. If people have a positive outlook on everything, irrespective of the merits of that thing, then there is no incentive to improve things. Everyone eats dirt, poops on their kitchen table, and then as they are covered in feces they join hands with their fellow doltish humans and sing twinkle twinkle little star until the cockroaches take over the world. They at least are somewhat discriminating...

I wish the world really was as grand as it sounds like it is in Andy Williams version of "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year".

21 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

I wish to be a Truthwatcher with an unlimited amount of Stormlight.

Granted, but the only Truth you get to Watch are daytime soap operas from the 80's/90's narrated by Mike the TV.

I would like to have every Cosmere work that will ever be published or unpublished in my hands by the end of today!