Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

4 minutes ago, Arith Matic said:

I wish that I could memorize every past, present, and future Wob without losing the rest of my memory  (so I could win every argument in Cosmere forums)

Granted, unfortunately, the only way the Nightwatcher could accomplish this was by grafting your head onto @Calderis's body, right next to his head (because he freakin' knows all the WOBs, even the ones that have come out yet. I think he secretly has already made a pact with the Nightwatcher, so maybe this really is his retroactively applied boon as well).

So now you know all the wobs (by extension) and you and Cal will never be lonely (and conversely you will never be alone either).

I wish it would snow in Eugene Oregon.

The Nightwatcher grants your wish, and it snows in Eugene, Oregon.  But...

It doesn't stop.  Eugene, Oregon becomes a frozen wasteland, where a constant and deadly blizzard allows nothing to get through.  Residents of Eugene, Oregon adapt to this curse over the millennia and become a survivalist culture based around hunting and maple syrup candy.

Mmm...

delicious! 

I wish for people around me to acknowledge my presence by doing something positive towards me.

The Nightwatcher thinks for a moment, stumped, She gives you this wish and says: "guess I have to stick with the old reliable."  and swaps the functions of your mouth and your anus.

I wish I could look cool in any situation, without freezing over.

Edited by Arith Matic

Granted, unfortunately for you, the Nightwatcher knows a certain Wobspren which also knows quite a lot about technical systems...

and she could only achieve your wish by grafting your head on the other shoulder of @Calderis, next to me, lesser scholar of WoB, with Calderis as the greater of course!

I wish that my dog would stop trying to run up to everyone he sees and jumps on them.

Edited by Arith Matic

13 hours ago, Rashek of Bridge Four said:

I wish I was a skybreaker.

Granted!

The Nightwatcher proclaims that you are now a Skybreaker of the 3rd ideal, the surges of gravitation and division are yours to command. You meet your spren, a cute little rip in the air blinking stars at you and you decide to name him Twinkle.

But before you can lash yourself up into the sky, the Nightwatcher informs you that your 3rd Ideal, the ideal of dedication, has been sworn for you. You are dedicated to following the will of Nalan, Herald of Justice, and treat his commandments as law.

Just as the full significance of this begins to sink in, your external moral code pops up from inside a bush, chewing on what you think might have been a chicken, and his head rotates your direction as he says:

NalanSays.jpg.e95fa8ef00bbc9b32268e96b5bc86595.jpg

I was almost done with this post when you :ph34r:'d me @goody153.

24 minutes ago, goody153 said:

I wish i had a spren-based on Harmony and gives me unique radiant powers

Granted.

The Nightwatcher has given you a Pathian earing and Harmony hears your petition, and creates a special splinter of his dual powers just for you.

It's a perfectly balanced mixture of preservation and ruin, you can summon this sentient bipartite projection of power at any time.
Excited to try out your new powers, you summon your di-spren, and are shocked when a little cartoony angel appears on one shoulder and little cartoony devil appears on the other. The angelic and devilish spren immediately begin bickering about what course of action you should take, it seems that they are telepathic and feel that it is their duty to dispense advice on every single thought that goes through your mind. Frustrated at your inability to think with the constant dualistic arguements going on inside your head, you attempt to dismiss the spren, but you can only summon them whenever you want, not dismiss them whenever you want. Eventually, you are unable to do anything, frozen by the well articulated conflicting arguments against and for every thought that crosses your mind. But, you do glow, so you do get radiant powers.

Crap, ninja'ed by @Winds Alight

12 minutes ago, Winds Alight said:

I wish to have the ability to always know the right decision.

Granted, you always know what the right decision is in any given situation. Your bane is that you lack the moral fortitude to make the right decision, so you spend the rest of your life as an emotional wreck, devastated by your consistent inability to do the right thing. But the Nightwatcher feels bad for you, so you also get the power to shoot donuts out of your fingers.

I wish that I was wealthy enough to afford a trip on the SpaceX flight slated for 2023 that is going to fly by the moon, and that I could take a large collection of items up with me to do experiments in zero gravity (like steamer trunk sized collection of things).

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

4 hours ago, StormblessedSurvivor said:

Granted, you didn't do it. But you DID do every other terrible thing directed towards other, good people, such as 1) stabbing them 2) nuking them and 3) taking everything Sanderson of thiers

Do i get thier WoBs too? 

I wish to always do the right, moral, good thing to do.

Granted, but you always feel super guilty when you see someone else do something wrong till you lose the will to anything but can't stop because it's the wrong thing to do.

I wish i could see the creation.

Edited by Ookla the ingenious

Granted, but, you can't control  when you teleport.

Instantly, the Nightwatcher and her surroundings fade away, and you feel the sensation of little glass beads that feel like various things, as you struggle to swim up, you know that you cannot keep this up much longer, and you give up, your lungs filled up with beads...

Then the Nightwatcher pulls you back and scolds you that you should have asked to be a lightweaver.

I wish that I was able to become the best in town, so that no one will ever keep me down.      

Granted. As long as you stay in the town you're currently in, you're the best at anything you try your hand at. Unfortunately, the moment you step out of the city limits, you instantly become horribly unlucky and utterly incapable of anything other than basic human functions.

I wish to finally understand Ajax.

On 11/25/2018 at 1:36 PM, Ookla the NotVoidus said:

Granted. The copperminds contain only this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

I wish for a pie that never runs out.

Granted. It takes it's extra mass from the people who eat it, transmuting that into pie to regenerate.

I wish for the world's most glorious moustache and goatee.

Granted, it is now physically impossible for you to do the laundry, however your clothes become dirty twice as fast and smell four times as bad!

I wish to be able to speak words that are twice as fancy as I mean them

Edited by The Forumlurker
Forgot my wish