killersquirrel59

Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

7,572 posts in this topic

Granted, but corn is no longer available.

I wish for the ability to never need sleep again.

Granted, but you still feel like you need it while being unable to do so, meaning that as time goes on you have a harder and harder time with thought, motivation, and life in general.

I wish for 25 copies of every tabletop gaming miniature that has been commercially mass-produced.

Granted but they are super fragile almost as if a gentle breeze will cause them to crumble to dust.

I wish for acutely heightened senses.

Granted, it's waay too heightened you can't even shut it out even in your sleep. Rapidly driving you insane

I wish to be a steelrunner

Granted. However, your mind does not keep up with your body.

I wish to be omnipotent.

10 minutes ago, Inklingspren said:

I wish to be omnipotent.

Granted, but only for 10 heartbeats. 

I'd like a sweater.

Granted, but it's ridiculous christmas sweater and you can't wear anything else now.

I wish I could speak fluently in every existing language.

Granted, but you are now mute and deaf.

I wish to bond an Honorspren and there are no drawbacks to it.

Granted, you bond the Honorspren and there are no issues about the bond. Except you bonded him/her in the middle of the everstorm with all the fused around. Good luck !

I wish for Autonomy to conquer cosmere

Granted, but in the process, all life is wiped out, including you.

I wish to be able to instantly comprehend anything.

Granted but as comprehension comes you are unable to properly communicate such revelations to anyone else in addition your comprehensions are forgotten as soon as they come to mind.

I wish to be able to convert air-when I want-directly into stormlight.

Granted. However, you cannot use the stormlight.

I wish to be able to turn invisible when I want.

Granted, but every time you do it, you have sneezing attack until you become visible again. Bless you!

I wish to not get a bane.

4 hours ago, Casta said:

I wish to not get a bane.

Looks like it's time for this meme again...
2djckf.jpg

:P  You have come to the Nightwatcher, and she shall give you what she thinks you deserve, both boon and bane! 
So, you get some chouta.  It's great.  Simply scrumptious.  Rosharan fast-food at its finest.  Yum.

Your bane is that once a day for the rest of your life, a random person will come up to you and present you with a logical paradox.  For example: 

• "You are granted a boon and a bane simultaneously.  Your boon is that you don't get a bane.  Your bane is that you don't get a boon."
  • "This sentence is a lie." 
  • "Your mission is to not accept this mission.  Do you accept this mission?" 
  • "Does a set of all sets contain itself?" 
  • "The square root of -1 is imaginary.  We use it all the time in math.  ...Just think about that for a minute."
  • "A time traveler buys a copy of Hamlet from a bookstore, goes back in time to Elizabethan London, and gives it to Shakespeare.  Shakespeare copies it out and claims it as his own work. Over the centuries it is reprinted and republished across the world.  Eventually a copy of it ends up in the original bookstore, where the time traveler buys it and takes it back in time to Shakespeare.  Who, then, wrote Hamlet in the first place?"
  • "I know one thing: I know nothing."
  • "To go anywhere, you must go halfway first, and then you must go half of the remaining distance, and half of the remaining distance after that, and so forth to infinity.  Thus, it is impossible to reach any destination."  ("Stop giving me mathematical paradoxes, storm it!")
  • "If you restored a ship by replacing each of its wooden parts, would it be the same ship?" ("No, it'd be Alcatraz Smedry.")
  • "A heterological word is a word that does not describe itself.  Does the word 'heterological' describe itself?"
  • "A pilot can get out of combat duty if he is psychologically unfit, but any pilot who tries to get out of combat duty proves he is sane."
  • "Schrodinger sent you this box with a cat inside.  Unfortunately, the cat died on the way over.  The good news is, it's still alive!  How can it be both dead and alive, you ask?  Because I haven't looked in the box yet, silly."
    Spoiler

Ancient Aliens Meme | QUANTUM PHYSICS | image tagged in memes,ancient aliens | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

After you are presented with a paradox, you are forced to obsess over it for a period of no less than 2 hours.  However, if you obsess over it for 3 hours, then you do not have to obsess over it for the original 2 hours, but to obsess over it for 3 hours, you have to spend the first 2 hours obsessing over it, but you didn't have to spend the first 2 hours obsessing over it if you spent 3 hours obsessing over it, so... :P

- - - - -

I wish to be able to resolve paradoxes.

Granted, but only within a minute of you truthfully saying "This sentence is a lie."

I wish for more paper.

Granted, but at the cost of every tree in the world.

I wish to have a perfect memory.

granted you can recall everything you've ever seen and done but only in situations where the memory in question is irrelevant

I wish to always be able to know what Brandons secret projects are before he unveils them.

Granted, but all your previous Brandon Sanderson knowledge will vanish.

I wish to possess all known forms of Investiture and be able to use them at will.

Granted you are at a constant state of war with all known magic users in any book Brandon or you have read.

I wish for 65536 (16^4) upvotes 

Granted but your next upvote will roll over to -1 and stay there forever at rank of Dead Cremling

I wish to be able to travel through perpendicularities

Granted, but at the cost of not loving anything.

I wish to become Harmony.

Granted you can never play the melody 

i wish for a meet’n’greet with hoid 

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:02 PM, Drake Marshall said:

I wish for all of Brandon Sanderson's unwritten books to be finished and published, to retain the ability to read them, and for infinite time to do so.

Edited by Glaedr Firnen
The answer part of this was to a very, very old post.

10 hours ago, I am a STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said:

i wish for a meet’n’greet with hoid 

Granted. You meet with him when he is in character as the King's Wit, and are constantly insulted for the duration of the meeting.