Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

On 6/14/2018 at 10:53 AM, Apollyon said:

I wish for @Mistspren to actually give a eulogy at my funeral, puns or not.

On 6/17/2018 at 6:15 PM, AonEne said:

Granted. It's amazing. However, you have to write this eulogy, and then post it on this thread once you're done (in your next post, preferably) . Have fun...I know I will, reading it.

I wish for this eulogy to have puns.

I meant this, not just any old eulogy.

Granted but suddenly for some unknowable reason the entire Roshar band together and made it first priority to stop the polyamourous relationship that the 3 has with any means necessary too. Even Odium and Cultivation raised a ceasefire just for this reason

I wish Vasher and Vivenna will meet up again, get married and leave their current location to live happily ever after

Edited by goody153

2 hours ago, goody153 said:

I wish Vasher and Vivenna will meet up again, get married and leave their current location to live happily ever after

The Nightwatcher nods and says "Grant-" before she's interrupted.

"No," says a grumpy voice from behind you.  You turn around and see Vasher scowling at you.  "I'm not getting married."  He turns on his heel and stomps away, muttering under his breath, "17th Sharders, who do they think they are?  Makes me eat the wrong flower..."

After a moment of awkward silence, the Nightwatcher looks at you and shrugs.  "Sorry.  There's only so much I can do when dealing with someone that grouchy."

I wish for a jellybean!

4 hours ago, Zath said:

I wish for a jellybean!

"A....jellybean." The Nightwatcher says flatly. "All of my powers, the ability to make you loved, respected, wealthy.... and you wish for a jellybean."

Seeing your happily smiling face, she sighs, just making your pleasure at having found a boon that even she couldn't twist with a bane increase. Though you are almost prepared for the jellybean to be the size of a boat and crush you, or something similarly nonsensical. It almost seemed like the Nightwatcher was getting more and more creative with her banes just to be unexpected rather than thematic or ironic...

"Very well..." she says, a swirling ripple of mist, dark as a moonless night, leaving her form. It spiralls in front of you as it gets closer to your face, specks of light within it glowing and twinkling brighter and brighter.

Finally, with a small flash of light, the mist finishes condensing and shaping, becoming a small, brightly coloured box that seems vaguely familiar. The top of the box opens, revealing brightly coloured and patterned beans that look tantalisingly tasty.

You hesitate as you look at the beans. You only wished for one. This was too easy, surely... Glancing at the Nightwatcher, she motions for you to take a bean, to choose your prize, her little hands making plucking motions with fingers and thumbs.

Slowly, you reach into the box, half expecting the jelly to spread across your fingers and encase your hand and whole body, turning you into a jellybean yourself. Or perhaps growinto some kind of jelly beanstalk, perhaps from your stomach itself... When your finger finally makes contact with the soft material of the bean on top, you flinch, and from the corner of your eye you can see the Nightwatcher rolling her eyes. How curiously human...

Emboldened by your lack of consequences thus far, you breathe a sigh of relief, chuckling to yourself at your worrying. It seems that for such a mundane request, a waste of her time, the Nightwatcher just wanted you to pick your bean and be done with it. Or maybe she just couldn't think of a way to twist it with a bane... Whatever the case, you relax visibly, plucking a particularly tasty looking golden bean from the pile and pop it into your mouth.

Of course, this could still backfire somehow. Maybe this would turn your mouth, eyes or skin golden... Though that might be rather cool. There was always a chance the bane would be unintendedly beneficial... Though it could always give you foul breath. Possibly permanantly.

You hesitate. Another glance at the impatient Nightwatcher makes you sigh through your nose as you hold the bean between your teeth. Well, it wasn't going to get any better putting it off, and all this worrying was going to give you a headache... or possibly an ulcer. Maybe that was the Nightwatcher's bane, making you paranoid?

Steeling yourself, you just go with it and chomp down on the bean, squishing the jelly in your mouth with the chew and spreading the taste across your tongue, filling your mouth with flavour.

Your eyes widen, then brim with tears as you gag and retch, spitting the remnants of the bean out with a cough. "BLECH! Ugh!"

The Nightwatcher just watches you drop to your knees with a smug smirk as the box of beans floats over to herself, and one of her hands plucks a bean out for herself, each hand passing it to the next towards her mouth as she watches you and gives a happy chuckle.

"Alas, earwax."

-------------------------------------------------

I wish for a sword I can summon like a Shardblade

Edited by ScarletSabre
Forgot my wish.... XD

@ScarletSabre , that was awesome :)

I don't know what to say after that. Anything I say will be lame in comparison.

Well, here goes nothing.

Granted. Although your sword is similar to Shardblades in that it can be summoned, it is the complete opposite of said Shardblade in everything else. The edges are dull and a centimeter wide, the handle is uncomfortable and tiny, the blade measures about a foot and a half long, but despite the size, the sword is multiple tons in weight. It is innefectly made, and it is obvious that a single swing will separate the blade from the handle.

I wish for time. Plain and simple.

@Gancho Libre , glad you liked it! ^_^ Haha, it sparked a quick little something from me while I was at work ~

12 hours ago, BitBitio the Mudkip said:

I wish that people would call me BitKip.

Granted. However, this is what everyone calls you from now on, including yourself. You have to introduce yourself at parties and job interviews as BitKip, get business cards and driving licences with it as your name, and never even be allowed a nickname. Hopefully it won't wear on you!

I wish I had 3D Maneouver Gear with an unlimited supply of gas.

Edited by ScarletSabre

12 hours ago, BitBitio the Mudkip said:

I wish to no longer be called BitKip.

Granted. Now nobody ever calls you anything other than "that guy", "you", or other equally vague terms. Even you slowly start to forget your name. By the time you die, the only thing on your grave is "That Guy. We don't know their actual name anymore. Or their usernames or anything. ??? - ???"

I wish people who should know better, pretentious know-it-alls who actually don't know anything, and just plain historically ignorant people would just stop associating the German Empire with the Nazi party.

Yes, I did have an argument with a guy who thought that. He didn't know what the Schlieffen Plan was, and thought that the German Empire had been around since the 1700s "at least", but the Dunning-Kruger Effect was in full swing, and he just wouldn't shut up about it.

Sorry for ranting, it's just... geez... we can always dream, right?

Granted, but from now on, this is what people will think the 19th and 20th centuries were like (in the form of a puppet show with too many characters):

Otto von Bismarck: *realpolitikin’ to Highschool Musical* We’re alllll in this together!

Kaiser Wilhelm II: Thanks mate. Plot twist time! You’re fired.

Otto: Whaaaaaaaaa?

Kaiser: *misses his dinner with Russia so Russia goes to hang out with France* Who’s up for an arms race? *starts Weltpolitikin’*

Schlieffen: The French have a big wall! But we can go around it and take Paris!

Kaiser: Lets go! *German armies conquer Belgium – slowly*

BEF: Now see here, chaps! We were in the neighbourhood and we just thought we’d drop in to see – GOOD GRIEF! GERMANY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

German military officers: *in France* Let’s attack Paris!

Alexander von Kluck: This is too easy…*Kluck chickens out*

World: *fights* *Allies win* *Central powers lose*

German people: Ummm, are you sure we lost?

Hitler: No! We were cheated!

Nazi party: *rises*

League of Nations: Please stop. Oh, you’re not stopping. Um. Well then.

World: Here we go again. *fights*

America: I GOT THIS.

For my wish, I would like to be able to CTRL+Z my actions in real life

43 minutes ago, ScarletSabre said:

I wish I could copy and paste food in real life :D

Granted!  Whenever you come across food that you wish to copy and paste, here's what you do. 

1. "Plug" a computer keyboard into the desired food item (You do carry a keyboard around with you at all times, don't you?)
  2. Press Ctrl-C
  3. Unplug the keyboard
  4. Press Ctrl-V
  5. Voila!  An exact duplicate of the food will appear at the end of the keyboard's cord.  Enjoy!

Your bane is that whenever someone asks you what you'd like to eat, or if they ask you what your favorite food is, your answer will always be this: 
"ICE-COLD VENGEANCE!!  Dripping with the blood of my enemies!!  ...with a light Caesar salad on the side."
On these occasions, you will be given a pickle and nothing else (except for some weird stares from the people around you, of course :blink: ).

I wish for a mobile home.

5 minutes ago, BitBitio the Mudkip said:

Granted. However you have one day left to live, so hurry!

I wish to be called Bit or BB. Or Mudkip

But what were the puns? I didn't get any puns!

Granted. But you are only called by each of those once and then never again.

I wish to know what the puns were. In detail.

Granted. The puns were humorous sentences that used ample wordplay to incite laughter. They took use of many words, including Stick, Adonalsium, several shard worlds, and Vin.

I wish for no one to tell Ene the exact content of the puns, ever, including through further wishes.

1 hour ago, Kidpen said:

Granted. The puns were humorous sentences that used ample wordplay to incite laughter. They took use of many words, including Stick, Adonalsium, several shard worlds, and Vin.

I wish for no one to tell Ene the exact content of the puns, ever, including through further wishes.

Granted, but you become a Potato Chip.

I wish to become a Shardblade.