Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

Granted, your near hyperventilation during your six seconds is a shock to your body, because air shouldn’t be sweet. So you set out to pollute the universe, focusing almost specifically on the eastern shore to remove the sweet air.

I wish for everything I say is Cosmere canon is Cosmere canon.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:04 AM, Jehoiada said:

I wish for six seconds on the eastern shore and five breaths of the sweetest air.

Granted. Unfortunately you're breathing too fast. I mean 5 breaths in 6 seconds, especially on the eastern shore, is just too much so you hyperventilate and pass out, waking up in a hospital. Too bad your trip couldn't have been more enjoyable...

I wish for more wishes.

Edited by 1st of Lunch
I'm an idiot and didnt see the previous post by @Apollyon...

Fine it was the wee little elves that run our cars and make donuts have a hole.

Cool! Now I get to grant two wishes!

@1st of Lunch granted, but you keep wishing and wishing but never getting what you want and the banes overtake you.

@Apollyon Granted, but you have to communicate through a Canon.

I wish the wee little elves wouldn't mess with @1st of Lunch

Granted, but due to physics, that wily mistress, your own mass being condensed to such a size will crush you and anything you walk on with ease. So you might be able to shrink to a certain point without feeling the effects, but not to the size of an ant.

I wish for the ability to web swing like Spider-Man ^_^

Just now, InvertShard said:

Granted, but the website shoot out of your wrists on and on forever, entangling everything you get near.

I wish I could fly like Superman.

The website? :lol:

Granted, but you can only do this when you're extremely scared. Have fun with that.

I wish to know all of the plot details in TLM.

6 minutes ago, AonEne said:

The website? :lol:

Granted, but you can only do this when you're extremely scared. Have fun with that.

I wish to know all of the plot details in TLM.

Granted, but you cannot read any books Brandon Sanderson writes after that, it just looks like gibberish.

I wish I was never afraid and could still fly.

Edited by InvertShard

4 minutes ago, InvertShard said:

Granted, but you cannot read any books Brandon Sanderson writes after that, it just looks like gibberish.

I wish I was never afraid and could still fly.

Granted, but you can now only fly when you're angry. There are a lot of emotions, you know...

But I do understand. Subverting or trying to subvert the Nightwatcher's banes can be fun. Which is why I wish for the ability to read all of Brandon's books again, as well as everyone else's, and still want to.

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

I wish that my boons from before still stood, but that I could also read everything else, and have the mindset to want to.

The Nightwatcher frowns at you.  "Oh, I see how it is.  My boons weren't good enough for you, huh?  My banes were too tough for you, HUH?!  Well then, we'll have to remedy the situation, now won't we?"  

The Nightwatcher starts chuckling, and then lets loose with a maniacal laugh as your surroundings quickly grow dimmer and dimmer.  Darkness engulfs you, and then you feel the floor beneath you shudder violently, sending you tumbling to the ground.  The tremors continue, the wind howls and tears at you, and you still can't see a thing, until-

You're in a comfy reading chair at your local library.  Completely fine.  After taking a moment to calm down, you pull a book off of a nearby shelf.  You can read it just fine.  You grab a few more books from different genres, and everything's perfectly legible.  So far, so good. 

Your thoughts turn to the next Era 2 Mistborn book, The Lost Metal, and you discover that you know nothing about its plot, beyond what you've already figured out from foreshadowing in the earlier books and the odd WoB.  Storm it.  The Nightwatcher didn't let you keep that boon!  "Lousy, cheapskate, cognitive-Splinter-spren-thing..." you mutter.

It's at this moment that you find a banana in your pocket.  Oh good, you think, I was feeling a bit peckish.  You take it out, peel it, and thoughtlessly toss the peel behind you.  A "Woah-" followed by a loud crash and the sound of falling books makes you spin around.  A muscular man in a button-up shirt, a bow-tie, and thick glasses is rubbing his head and glaring at you.  

"How dare you leave a banana peel lying around in a library!" he says in a scandalized tone.  "You are in BIG trouble!"  He pulls a small walkie-talkie from his belt and speaks into it, "Inform His Darkness, Most Dark of all Dark Oculators, that we have a Code 736298-B. ...No, it's not a monkey trying to check out a juvenile fiction novel, you're thinking of Code 736298-C... Yes, I'm sure!  Ugh, just tell His Darkness that we have a banana peel thrower on the loose!  Yes, that's what I said!  No, don't put me through to his secretary, just-"

None of this sounds very pleasant to you, so you decide to make yourself scarce.. by sprinting out of there as fast as you can.  You make it out unscathed.  The banana is still in your hand, and you take a bite of it.  It is, without a doubt, the BEST banana you have ever tasted.  Every bite is heaven.  This is the banana that all other bananas aspire to be.

To sum up... Boon: You get the best banana. THE best.
Bane: You've been blacklisted by the Evil Librarians. 

I wish I could think up and type these kinds of things faster without sacrificing the quality of content.

Edited by Zath

Okay, can we all just agree that Zath should be a writer?

I blame the Nightwatcher for throwing that peel. I would never have done that. However, to be honest, I wouldn't have eaten the banana in the first place, so maybe this is another dimension.

Granted. But it'll take a year. Hope you remember.

I wish for the Nightwatcher to not hate me, just in case...cause she sounded pretty annoyed...