Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

3 hours ago, ElephantEarwax said:

Granted. But your body becomes so large it is hard to move. 

I wish for a friend who had read the entire cosmere.

Granted. You now have a friend who can read the whole word cosmere but not any other. 

I call upon the powers of the Nightwatcher to fulfill my boon. I wish to be an expert in every known language.

On 3/3/2018 at 8:07 PM, Nathrangking said:

Granted. You now have a friend who can read the whole word cosmere but not any other. 

I call upon the powers of the Nightwatcher to fulfill my boon. I wish to be an expert in every known language.

Sure. Just now you have a lisp so bad that no one can understand you.

For my boon, I ask to be turned into a Mistborn. (I'd ask to be a radiant, but none of those powers seem like they'd be useful in my everyday life. Also I don't have a way of getting stormlight.)

15 hours ago, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:

Sure. Just now you have a lisp so bad that no one can understand you.

For my boon, I ask to be turned into a Mistborn. (I'd ask to be a radiant, but none of those powers seem like they'd be useful in my everyday life. Also I don't have a way of getting stormlight.)

You are now a mistborn but you are cursed with vertigo.

For my boon I would ask to never be cursed.

On 3/8/2018 at 6:48 AM, ElephantEarwax said:

Granted. you will never be cursed. But for your bane you will never have any extremely good luck either.

I wish to bond an unmade, as a radiant spren.

A bane is included as a curse. Asking the night watcher to not curse me would mean that it is a wash.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ElephantEarwax said:

Granted. But you are blind, so finding color is a problem.

I call on the Nightwatcher to fill my boon. I wish for a Shardblade.

Granted (a dead one), but you also get to bond a Windspren, meaning the shardblade screams in your head, and you don't get any radiant powers. Since you can't touch it, you can't unbond it to give it to someone else.

I wish I saw the whole world upside-down. This just sounds really cool to me.

Granted. You are permanently lashed upward, so that you fall away from the earth with the same acceleration you would otherwise fall towards it (I do hope you were indoors when you made the request, otherwise you're probably going to burn up on your ascent into outer space due to air resistance).

I wish to receive the recipe for the best possible earth-approximation of chouta, transcribed in English, made from ingredients native to earth.

On March 26, 2018 at 6:13 PM, Drake Marshall said:

Granted. You are permanently lashed upward, so that you fall away from the earth with the same acceleration you would otherwise fall towards it (I do hope you were indoors when you made the request, otherwise you're probably going to burn up on your ascent into outer space due to air resistance).

I wish to receive the recipe for the best possible earth-approximation of chouta, transcribed in English, made from ingredients native to earth.

Granted, but you notice that you are allergic to most ingredients needed to make Earth-chouta. Your friends all eat the chouta and love it, but you are left chouta-less and sad.

I wish for the ability to meet Hoid, and take a professional insulting class from him.

Granted. However you are transformed into a statue the moment that Hoid arrives. Hence your lessons come in the form of him insulting you for all eternity.

I call upon the power of the Nightwatcher to fulfill my boon. I wish for my name to be spoken of in awe from this day forward.

On 3/27/2018 at 7:30 PM, ElephantEarwax said:

Granted. It will be spoken because you were a disappointment. (awww)

I wish for a cherry pie.

Granted. Catered by the DA

I wish my homework was done so I could stop stalling on here.

I'm just jumping in here so I don't know if my curses have been done yet.

10 hours ago, The Thinking Herald said:

Granted. However, you become mute, so you can't use any of them.

I wish that no harm outside of the natural cycles befalls me, be it in the physical, cognitive, or spiritual, from this day on.

Granted but your natural life cycle is shortened to an instant and you die.

I wish I was to a Shard as a Shard is to a mote of dust.

Edited by InvertShard

1 hour ago, InvertShard said:

I'm just jumping in here so I don't know if my curses have been done yet.

Granted but your natural life cycle is shortened to an instant and you die.

I wish I was to a Shard as a Shard is to a mote of dust.

Granted, but everyone hates you for it. A group of people band together and remove you from power. 

I wish for immortality, eternal youth, and an Honorblade.

14 hours ago, The Thinking Herald said:

Granted. However, you become mute, so you can't use any of them.

Actually, I'll gladly take that deal. I can still listen, read, and write. Not to mention the fact that I deliberately worded it to include programming languages. :P

3 hours ago, Ashspren said:

I wish for immortality, eternal youth, and an Honorblade.

A threefold wish, but very well.

I grant you immortality, at the cost of your freedom. I bind you where you stand. From this ground you shall never stray, else you wither away. Your essence will diminish, approaching utter nonbeing but never quite reaching it, until you return to this place.

I grant you eternal youth, at the cost of your strength. You shall struggle and shake to lift a mere writing implement, and you shall be as such for the duration of your unnaturally prolonged existence. By no means, magical or mundane, shall you overcome this.

I grant you an Honorblade, at the cost of your ties to this world. All of your possessions save the Honorblade find their way into the hands of others, and all your acquaintances, friends, and loved ones are estranged from you. From now on, nothing you hold onto, save this Honorblade, will remain long with you.

(The alternative was to make you Talanel, and nobody deserves such a fate. Enjoy your threefold boon.)

I wish for a sand-witch.