killersquirrel59

Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

5,039 posts in this topic

Granted You are now Kirby, but there are no creatures that you can inhale for powers, so you can just inhale really hard.

I call upon the powers of the Nightwatcher to fulfill my boon. I wish to have a bucket of halloween candy all to myself.

@ElephantEarwax Okay, you get a bucket of halloween candy all to yourself, but there are needles in the candy.

I ask the nightwatcher to please grant me epic powers, full allomantic and feruchemical abilities, forgery (the ability to use soul stamps), ability to sugebind all 10 of the surges, ability to convert sugar (and sugar substitutes) to stormlight as soon as it gets to my stomach, and the ability to use occulator lenses.

Thank you for considering my request.

Edited by The Allomantic Metalhead

:( The nightwatcher says no. Instead you get to convert stormlight into food, you inhale the light and your stomach fills up, and you are bonded to a hungerspren.

I call upon the nightwatcher to fulfill my boon. I wish to be immortal.

12 hours ago, ElephantEarwax said:

I call upon the nightwatcher to fulfill my boon. I wish to be immortal.

Okay, your body is immortal, but your mind ages as normal.

I call upon the nightwatcher to fulfill my boon. I wish that the rest of the wishes on this post would include references to doom metal bands.

R.I.P. Terry Jones

Edited by The Allomantic Metalhead

On 10/6/2017 at 5:10 AM, The Allomantic Metalhead said:

I call upon the nightwatcher to fulfill my boon. I wish that the rest of the wishes on this post would include references to doom metal bands.

Granted, you have created a new feruchemical metal that stores life, whenever it is used you die. Everyone will now reference it. 

I wish I could read Oathbringer in it's entirety today.

22 minutes ago, ElephantEarwax said:

Granted, you have created a new feruchemical metal that stores life, whenever it is used you die. Everyone will now reference it. 

I wish I could read Oathbringer in it's entirety today.

Granted.  However, whenever you aren't actively reading it, you can remember none of it, even if it is open in front of you.  doom metal bands take its place in your mind whenever you try to think of Oathbringer while not actively reading it.

I wish to be able to travel as a Windrunner without a blade or a spren to assist me.

On 10/9/2017 at 2:37 PM, Mulk said:

Granted.  However, whenever you aren't actively reading it, you can remember none of it, even if it is open in front of you.  doom metal bands take its place in your mind whenever you try to think of Oathbringer while not actively reading it.

I wish to be able to travel as a Windrunner without a blade or a spren to assist me.

Okay, but you have to consume such a vast amount of stormlight to do so that you'd have to be in a highstorm to go more than a few yards.

Also, for better or for worse, Electric Wizard plays in your head whenever you draw in stormlight.

I ask the nightwatcher to grant me the ability to see perfectly in darkness and dim light (even complete darkness), as well as the ability to blend into areas of dim light, heal as fast as Miles Hundredlives compounding his goldminds when in areas of darkness, and the ability to draw strength from the shadows.

33 minutes ago, The Allomantic Metalhead said:

I ask the nightwatcher to grant me the ability to see perfectly in darkness and dim light (even complete darkness), as well as the ability to blend into areas of dim light, heal as fast as Miles Hundredlives compounding his goldminds when in areas of darkness, and the ability to draw strength from the shadows.

Granted, but you shall now glow, forever lighting an area around you as far as you can see. 

I ask the Nightwatcher to grant me perfect mimicry of any voice or sound, perfect pitch, and a perfect voice.

Edited by MasterJack

1 hour ago, MasterJack said:

I ask the Nightwatcher to grant me perfect mimicry of any voice or sound, perfect pitch, and a perfect voice.

The Nightwatcher is pissed you didn't make any doom metal references. She not only makes you deaf, but makes you numb, blind, nosedead, tasteless, and immortal.

I wish I always had just enough money in my wallet/debit/credit card to buy the stuff I wanted, no matter the situation, time of day, my mood, or any other thing.

The Nightwatcher is pissed you didn't make any doom metal references. She not only makes you deaf, but makes you numb, blind, nosedead, tasteless, and immortal.

I wish I always had just enough money in my wallet/debit/credit card to buy the stuff I wanted, no matter the situation, time of day, my mood, or any other thing.

Granted, but no longer have the ability to count, add, subtract, multiply, divide or use math at all.

I wish for dominion over all animals.

Edited by WindDancer

4 minutes ago, WindDancer said:

Granted, but whenever you try to type, read, draw or write, your hand shakes uncontrollably.

I wish for dominion of all animals.

Umm. Wrong post. Respond to the most recent request, please. 

4 hours ago, WindDancer said:

Granted, but no longer have the ability to count, add, subtract, multiply, divide or use math at all.

I wish for dominion over all animals.

Granted, but you now know the exact time, place, and way of your death. You can not avoid it, nor tell anyone of it. Not a day will go by where you do not think of when and how you will die, forever staring Into The Void.

I wish for the ability to understand anything I wish to learn or encounter and therefore obtain the knowledge of everything.

Edited by Guck
Added Doom Metal reference

On 13/10/2017 at 1:49 PM, Guck said:

Granted, but you now know the exact time, place, and way of your death. You can not avoid it, nor tell anyone of it. Not a day will go by where you do not think of when and how you will die, forever staring Into The Void.

I wish for the ability to understand anything I wish to learn or encounter and therefore obtain the knowledge of everything.

Granted. Every single thing you look at, you will be granted in your thoughts it's history since it's creation. You can't help thinking it and so your mind will become overloaded and will stop functioning.

dunno if that makes sense, but oh well

I wish for no curses to be placed upon this wish.

The nightwatcher grants your wish.  At your request, no curses have been placed on you, however, your Bane (see what I did there?) is a storm cloud following you and raining on your head 24/7 for the next 16 eternities.   

I wish to win the lotto.  

On 10/16/2017 at 10:54 PM, Cephandrius said:

The nightwatcher grants your wish.  At your request, no curses have been placed on you, however, your Bane (see what I did there?) is a storm cloud following you and raining on your head 24/7 for the next 16 eternities.   

I wish to win the lotto.  

Granted, but you can only make purchases with coins of the lowest value.

I wish to be able to see music, taste colors, hear shapes, etc.

On 10/19/2017 at 8:05 PM, TheVillageIdiot said:

Granted, but you can only make purchases with coins of the lowest value.

I wish to be able to see music, taste colors, hear shapes, etc.

Granted, You can do all of that, but your senses are very confused.

I call upon the Nightwatcher to fulfill my boon. I wish to have a map of Urithiru.

1 hour ago, ElephantEarwax said:

Granted, You can do all of that, but your senses are very confused.

I call upon the Nightwatcher to fulfill my boon. I wish to have a map of Urithiru.

Granted. You get it tattooed on the back of your knee.

I call upon the Nightwatcher to fulfill my boon. I wish to have a bale of silk-producing caterpillars, with the means to start a silk farm.

On 03/11/2017 at 5:59 PM, Roadwalker said:

Granted. You get it tattooed on the back of your knee.

I call upon the Nightwatcher to fulfill my boon. I wish to have a bale of silk-producing caterpillars, with the means to start a silk farm.

Granted. a disease makes mulberry trees extinct (silkworms only eat mulberry leaves)

I call upon the Nightwatcher to fulfil my boon. I wish for perfect timekeeping - I instantly know the time anywhere in the world and know exactly how much time has passed down to seconds 

Granted.  But you also have perfect time keeping keyed to Kepler 438b and the two different standards constantly war in your heads, giving you frequent headaches and confusion about which time you are keeping.

I call upon the Nightwatcher to fulfill my boon.  I wish to understand all human speech.

11 hours ago, Mulk said:

I call upon the Nightwatcher to fulfill my boon.  I wish to understand all human speech.

Granted, but you loose the ability to understand written text.

Oh Nightwatcher! I emplore thee to grant me the ability to make any container into a bag of holding.

On 11/6/2017 at 8:28 PM, Cowmanthethird said:

Granted, but you loose the ability to understand written text.

Oh Nightwatcher! I emplore thee to grant me the ability to make any container into a bag of holding.

granted, but now all containers feel too heavy to carry.

I wish for feruchemy and allomancy, and the ability to use impure alloys safely, such as bits of metal dust in the air.

19 hours ago, ethan_sedai said:

granted, but now all containers feel too heavy to carry.

I wish for feruchemy and allomancy, and the ability to use impure alloys safely, such as bits of metal dust in the air.

Granted, but using everything except the pure alloys makes you gassy every time you burn a metal.

I wish that I could pay attention and finish my college application essays.

2 hours ago, I am Witless said:

Granted, but using everything except the pure alloys makes you gassy every time you burn a metal.

I wish that I could pay attention and finish my college application essays.

Granted, but you forget to send them all in

I wish I wasn't such a bad person

5 hours ago, Jonathon said:

Granted, but you forget to send them all in

I wish I wasn't such a bad person

Granted, but you will now perceive the person you love most as despicable.

I wish Shallan would only get 5 maximum POV chapters per SA book.

@OathKeeperGranted, however shallan's POV chapters will be 100 pages long

I wish to be an immortal worldhopper.

Edited by Invested nerd